Hi Duskwood

85 Human Mage
No doubt no one remembers any of this, but DAMN was it fun.

This is Fellhand, from back in 2006. I rolled day 1 on this server, and rode its many waves and tides and good times and bad.

For you new children of Duskwood, this is what things looked like when progression mattered:

http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=35974188&sid=1&pageNo=1
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Although I am annoyed at the fact that you are the nth person to arrive and boast, "I'm better than you cuz I wuz here before you", I'm more unhappy with you because that thread took me back to the archive. Looking through the old threads made me extremely nostalgic and sad to see all the names there of people who are either no longer playing the game, or no longer playing on Duskwood. And it's a bitter, in-your-face reminder of the active community (both on and off the forums) we once had. Damn you. /sigh

All you people in denial who say there's nothing wrong with Duskwood - go take a look at that. That's what an active community should look like.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
How do you really feel?

C'mon, don't hold back.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
lol what can I say? I really miss the old Duskwood. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
07/19/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Rowynn
Although I am annoyed at the fact that you are the nth person to arrive and boast, "I'm better than you cuz I wuz here before you",

That was not my intention at all. Being somewhere first does not make you inherently superior. Just ask the American Indians how that played out.

I simply wished to edify and entertain.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
My "Kimi Raikkonen" reaction to this types of threads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
dwood was on it back in the day! droppin it like it was hot....now when some big giant dragon is rolling around putting it down cause he's hot....and duskwoods not. SO sad. Some of my fav times here were BC to the begining of wrath. Maybe they will server smash one day and duskwood will be the end server and life will be restored....but prob not =(

Just went through some old post on the old forums...lol man no lie things use to be so much more fun =(
Edited by Chad on 7/23/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Just went through some old post on the old forums...lol man no lie things use to be so much more fun =(

A good server community was worth its weight in gold. Transfers ruined everything IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's been somewhat of a boon to some servers. To others, such as Duskwood, transfers have served to hasten the decline. Props to those raid guilds who are staying, though. You guys will have some easy server 1sts and high guild rankings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It could be worse:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/azshara
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]