andorhal pve progression

100 Goblin Priest
everyone complains about how awful and underpopulated andorhal is. i just went through the wowprogress guilds on andorhal and updated them since wowprogress doesn't always pick up all achievements and kills by itself.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us/rating.tier13_25

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us/rating.tier13_10

out of 246 ranked realms we're 191st in 10s and 95th in 25s. that's pretty good for a "dead" server! we can do better though. with a few guilds recently picking their weapons back up (like scorn, npfs, outshined, and fosho) i think we have a chance to do even better in both the rest of cataclysm and going forward in mists of pandaria (the next expansion).

if anyone needs help most of the people in my guild would be happy to offer advice or fill a spot in one of your raids if you're missing people. don't be afraid to ask.

i'm also happy to help move items from horde to alliance if you see something on the horde auction house (gems, gear, herbs, etc) that will help your guild.

remember, the better we do as a realm the more attractive the realm looks to people who could potentially transfer here which means better quality recruits.
Edited by Grouch on 7/23/2012 5:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^ I second this.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I aswell^
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
I miss the server, I hope you guys do well!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
COULDNT AGREE MORE WITH THIS POST.
Reply Quote
I agree with this post, Also, Grouch, whatchu tryin to do mang!! ruin my gem market!!?! lol. ever since i started selling, gem prices went from 1900 a gem to 900. Alliance guilds have Grouch and I to thank for bringing it back down to a normal level.
Edited by Yudash on 7/24/2012 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I Agree!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
and Aikiroth I believe..... A few of us at outshined are willing to help as well... And if the alliance needs assistance as well Violet Tragan knows how to contact me or any Outshined players.

Keep in mind, just cuz I may help someone doesn't mean I won't kill you either :P
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
07/24/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Yudash
Alliance guilds have Grouch and I to thank for bringing it back down to a normal level.

you're welcome!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think the biggest issue is outside of Simple Math, there is no competitive drive for Andorhal. We have one PvE guild that keeps us on the map when it comes to World/Continent firsts. I guess Show Me How would be another but when 90% of the guild is primarily speaking a foreign language it doesn't make much for a very mixed community in the rest of the server.

As for PvP?

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/guild/?sort=&region_id=All&battlegroup_id=-1&realm_id=146&faction_id=-1

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/battleground/?sort=&region_id=All&battlegroup_id=-1&realm_id=146&faction_id=-1

That is the most depressing thing to look at when in WOTLK we were right behind Mal'ganis in server ranking (Which was very good!). Not only does this make a lot of potential transfers completely skip over the server but it really kind of rots it from the inside as well. Without that it takes away a lot of the fun in playing a multiplayer game.

It's hard to say all this when I myself have transferred my main character and am mostly inactive in general in WoW, but if I were to ever come back to MoP I would love to see something happen. I won't sit here and just say DEAD SERVER MERGE BLIZZARD COME ON but going the opposite way and saying there isnt a problem doesn't help much either. There are some problems in this server that really wont be fixed without just a surplus of new people (Which can be cured with something as simple as moving us to "Recommended" on the server list)

Forget top end guilds and high rankings for a second and imagine youre new to the game or just felt like rerolling with friends somewhere. You pick Andorhal alliance and start up. Around 30 or so youre going to start wanting things like glyphs, maybe some trade skill mats to help your professions, or even just to sell greens to raise money. NONE of that is possible. You wont find any low level social guilds to help with perks, you wont be able to talk to anyone because what is left on the server has become very small knit groups of people that tend to keep to themselves. It is awful.

As I said before just changing the status of our server would cure most of these problems. Recently Blizzard announced a system that would create "MVP" guilds for every server that suggests new players to join and gives them a home guild to be in. Fixing economy, population, and maybe even fill in the cracks for our current guilds. I'm really hoping that they make this available to more and more servers as time goes on, it really is a great solution for lower population servers.

http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/6646217
Edited by Paul on 7/24/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/24/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Paul
As I said before just changing the status of our server would cure most of these problems. Recently Blizzard announced a system that would create "MVP" guilds for every server that suggests new players to join and gives them a home guild to be in. Fixing economy, population, and maybe even fill in the cracks for our current guilds. I'm really hoping that they make this available to more and more servers as time goes on, it really is a great solution for lower population servers.

Was just about to say something about this. I think Andorhal needs to be on the MVP realm list.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So as a note. If we want to try and get the server status changed from something like low to recommended, we should make a thread on the general discussion forums.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
07/26/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Daruss
Although I left, I Agree!

that doesn't help at all! :P

07/27/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Rain
So as a note. If we want to try and get the server status changed from something like low to recommended, we should make a thread on the general discussion forums.

thread created:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201431581
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Make sure you Like(thumbs up) the above thread Grouch posted also, even if you don't post on the thread.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
07/30/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Kodyxoxo
Make sure you Like(thumbs up) the above thread Grouch posted also, even if you don't post on the thread.

what does that do, out of curiosity?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
It will make it "High Rated." Basically gets the thread more exposure and more of a chance that a GM will look over it / respond.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
ATP
Liked, commented, and subscribed. Minus the third one, but hopefully this brings some attention to our cute little realm.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
ATP
Meh. I commented, and I'm curious to see what happens.

But I'm not gonna lie, I think its kinda futile at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Gotta stay positive. The only time it becomes truly futile is when you stop trying. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]