Need resto druid addon advice.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello,

I recently geared my resto druid for pve raiding. The first issue I noticed was that with the standard WoW raid frames, tracking my HoT durations was difficult.

I need suggestions on a good resto druid HoT timer addon that will let me track HoT durations on my raid members. I prefer something simple, I'm not really interested in addons like Grid or Healbot. Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I use ElvUI. It comes with a built in Grid that is already set up. Other then that, Healbot is the easiest addon to set up and use. VuhDo and Grid require some setting up so it's comfortable for you to use.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/24/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Grahfen
I use ElvUI. It comes with a built in Grid that is already set up. Other then that, Healbot is the easiest addon to set up and use. VuhDo and Grid require some setting up so it's comfortable for you to use.

Sorry but could you be a bit more specific with the name of that addon? I searched ElvUI and it has a lot of addons by that name.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://tukui.org/dl.php

Reply Quote
One unique thing Vuhdo does is mark "Swiftmendable" targets for you. This is great a) to keep track of SM's cooldown, since this big red dot shows up on my raid frames and b) if I'm healing with a fellow druid, I see that I can Swiftmend a target without seeing the other druid's HOTs. This is in addition to showing stacks and durations of buffs.

I know Vuhdo is more than you really want, but it's got the best and most options for displaying HoTs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I actually use Grid with GridStatusHots so I can set my heals up in the corners of each player box and I have it set up so the markers change color the closer they are to falling off. I have it set up to show rejuv/lb/wildgrowth in diff corners and then magic/poison effects in the last corner for dispelling. I know that if rejuv is up, I can swiftmend them when it's up.

I also use Power Auras so I know how long I have before harmony drops off, as well as a timer for swiftmend. I use OmniCC as well which will countdown on your bars when a CD is up. :)

I use mouseover macros for healing, as well. I don't think I'd be able to get used to any other kind've healing. It was really wonky swapping over from click healing where you click the portrait then heal. If you aren't doing this, I'd suggest it. :) BGs are a great place to start trying out that sorta healing as well, that's where a lot of my practice came from.
Edited by Cear on 7/25/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
In addition to Grid and the 11845159 grid addons to track everything, I like Forte Xorcist. I don't have it track every single hot, but I have a bar for Lifebloom and Harmony. I like the cooldown bar too. Power Auras is a must have as well imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm another fan of Vuhdo, primarily for hots tracking but it also shows the best target to use Wild Growth to max healing. I tried grid, didn't like it, tried Vuhdo, didn't need to try anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hello,

I recently geared my resto druid for pve raiding. The first issue I noticed was that with the standard WoW raid frames, tracking my HoT durations was difficult.

I need suggestions on a good resto druid HoT timer addon that will let me track HoT durations on my raid members. I prefer something simple, I'm not really interested in addons like Grid or Healbot. Thanks in advance!

If you're not interested in an addon like Healbot (which is what I use) and you want something simple...This makes no sense. It doesnt get any more simple than healbot. You bind spells to mouse clicks on the HB interface and it shows ALL durations of your spells. (And tank CD's)

But I'm old school and I prefer to keep it simple. If you think that's too complicated or not simple enough than...wow, maybe uninstall your game?
Most people don't use healbot anymore, I don't know why. It's definately old school, but it's been kept up to date and tracks everything a resto druid does.
Edited by Darknsmelly on 7/26/2012 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/25/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Trolley
I'm another fan of Vuhdo, primarily for hots tracking but it also shows the best target to use Wild Growth to max healing. I tried grid, didn't like it, tried Vuhdo, didn't need to try anything else.

WG is terrible heal. Why would you use an addon if thats really the best thing it offers...
1rejuv
2/3 Efflor
WG.
^Top 3 heals.

!@#$ I dont even use WG exclusively on cooldown anymore and I routinely outheal 410ilvl guildies. It's healing has been nerfed into the ground, it's a supplement imo and nothing more.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mouseover macros and Blizz ui
Reply Quote
I'm a great fan of Vuhdo as well both for Shaman healing as well as my Druid...and my priest.

It's really a fantastic add-on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
WG is terrible heal. Why would you use an addon if thats really the best thing it offers...1rejuv2/3 EfflorWG.^Top 3 heals

And yet it is still in your top 3 heals... Cata gave us so many stack fights, WG still beats out all other healing classes aoe heals when everyone is spread out. It's not that bad dude.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

!@#$ I dont even use WG exclusively on cooldown anymore and I routinely outheal 410ilvl guildies. It's healing has been nerfed into the ground, it's a supplement imo and nothing more.

o.O Trolling?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

o.O Trolling?

Yup.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I used Healbot on my resto shaman for a LONG time. The only problems I had with it is that whenever someone joined or left group in combat (LFR anyone?) the whole thing would get jacked up... I would have 2-3 names of the same person (some of which weren't in the raid anymore).

Also it never showed roles. I know you can figure it out pretty quickly but still somewhat of a pain.

I recently tried out Vuhdo and I LOVE it. It took me a little while to figure out things but after I learned how to customize it things just clicked and its awesome :)
Edited by Ausimo on 7/27/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]