FAQ: Bleeding Hollow Transfers

Thanks for the Sticky Blizz!

Check this video by Sativ if you're here for the world pvp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC8vTSxid2U

Sup boyfriends, so I decided that if I combined the two FAQs here, we’d have a better chance at getting it sticked. Then when people ask a question about the server, we can be giant jerks and say “read the stickies noob.”

I mostly just copied stuff over from the other FAQs, but I finished the sections that Paddywack left blank, as well as some brief proof reading/editing. Please sticky this and keep it bumped, so we don’t have to have multiple threads/FAQs, as that can sometimes be less helpful than not having a FAQ at all. Anyway, enjoy.

--Disclaimer: Most of this FAQ came from Paddywack and Tablez, so thanks to them. I will update if things become irrelevant, or if the bleeding hollowians deem something need to be added.

So due to word recently getting out that our server is big money pimpin’ for PvP, we’ve had a lot of transfers recently for both horde and alliance. This is great, and is helping our PvP community grow even bigger than it already is.

If you are one of these transplants from a dead realm, I’m sure you have questions just like the rest of them. This FAQ aims to satisfy those concerns. If you are a dragonslaying PvE fanatic, have no fear, there are plenty of people willing to smash AI with you all day!

Table of contents
=============

1a) Server Information
1b) Horde - to - Alliance ratio
1c) How to transfer and cost of transferring
1d) Will I like this server?

2) End-Game Content (PvE)
2a) PvE Progression: Server Rank in the US
2b) Top 5 10/25-man Raiding Guilds on Alliance
2c) Top 5 10/25-man Raiding Guilds on Horde
2d) General Loot Rules for Alliance
2e) General Loot Rules for Horde

3) PvP
3a) World PvP
3b) Arena PvP
3c) Battleground PvP
3d) Rated Battleground PvP
3e) Guilds that PvP (Horde and Alliance)
4) Role Playing
5) Server Economy
5a) Alliance
5b) Horde
5c) Collectors and Neutral Auction House
Edited by Ikyteu on 12/29/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
1a) About the server
=======

Q: Does the server lag?
A: Slightly. Very so slightly. This server does not severely lag. It is hardly noticeable and usually occurs after realm maintenance or if something goes wonky on the server end, or during giant PvP raids.

Q: Is there a lot of server downtime?
A:No. Generally speaking from experience, the only time I've ever seen the server usually down has been during realm maintenance, and this is coming from a person who has been on and off the game at odd hours of the day.

Q: Has the server been unstable lately?
A: No. Instability is rarely a problem. In the past, there has been SOME occasional instance lag when servers/instances were too crowded, such as during an expansion release.

Q: What type of realm is Bleeding Hollow?
A: Bleeding Hollow is a PvP Realm.

Q: What battlegroup does Bleeding Hollow belong to?
A: Bleeding Hollow is part of the Ruin battlegroup.

1b) Alliance - to - Horde ratio
===========

Q: What is the Alliance to Horde ratio overall?
A: As of 7/21/2012 the ratio is Alliance (1) : Horde (1.5) according to Warcraft Realms.

Q: What is the activity ratio of Alliance to Horde?
A: Alliance (1) : Horde (1.1)

Q: What time is optimal for things happening on this server?
A: Horde side is moderate in the day, and picks up from about 7 server to 11 server as the majority of the PVP primetime. The Alliance is similar.

1c) How to transfer and cost of transferring
===========

Q: How do I transfer?
A: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-disclaimers-and-faq-part-1

Q: How much does it cost to transfer?
A: Cost is $25.00 PER CHARACTER (minimum), however Blizzard sometimes will run a sale of account services, keep your eye out.

1d) Will I like this server?
==========

Q: Will I like this server?
A:
Whether you PvP or PvE, love to level alts, enjoy the occasional trolling of Trade Chat, or have friends here, you will generally like this server. Many people who began in Bleeding Hollow transferred off at one point of time or rolled an alt on another server and always ended up returning to Bleeding Hollow because there's no place like home. There is a ton of world PvP, always something to do, and always trash to be talked.
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
End-Game Content (PvE)
============

Below is a quick summary of the Bleeding Hollow's progression with regards to player-versus-Environment (PvE) content.

2a) PvE Progression: Server Rank in the US

===========

According to http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

2b) Top 5 10/25-man Raiding Guilds on Alliance
===========

Q: What are the top 5 Alliance Raiding Guilds?
A:
According to http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/bleeding-hollow
#1) Fierce (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#2) Skill Capped (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#3) Beastmode (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#4) Royal Militia(10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#5) Perfect Ten (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]

2c) Top 5 10/25-man Raiding Guilds on Horde
================

Q: What are the top 5 Horde Raiding Guilds?
A:
According to http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/bleeding-hollow
#1) Carebears (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#2) Hard in Da Paint (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#3) Eye Candy (10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#4) WeeR (25/10-man) [8/8 Heroic]
#5) A New Hope (10-man) [2/8 Heroic]

2d) General Raid Rules for Alliance
============

Q: I want to raid PvE content. What loot rules will I potentially encounter?
A:
Overall, with new content coming out each patch, guilds will tend to progress with members they trust and are familiar with their rules, should these rules either be Loot Council (loot distribution decided by a group of core members) or Main Spec (MS) > Off Spec (OS) > Greed/Sell > Transmog.

--People who join ANY raid group to temporarily fill in a spot for a guild should inquire what the loot rules are to make sure there are no confusions for when an item drops that you may be interested in. In general, be polite. It will carry a long way if you are patient and kind.

Q: Should I be gemmed/enchanted/reforged for raiding?
A:
Yes. If you are not, it shows you do not care about your character and this lack of interest carries through the entire raid as others undoubtedly mock you behind your back about your lack of care and commitment to raid.

Q: Should I bring anything with me to raid?
A:
You should. Always bring your own flasks, food buffs, potions, and repair money. It's best to show that you are capable of taking care of yourself. It will attract you to the raiding guilds in a positive way and may even give you a chance to join their core group if you are compatible with them and if they have a potential raiding spot.

Q:What should I do at the start of the raid when I am inside fighting minions prior to a boss fight?
A:
AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CHANCE, ask politely in raid chat what the loot rules are and be patient. The raid leader has plenty of challenges on their shoulder trying to get the raid ready. It is important that loot rules be typed, because if there is a dispute about loot, the GM can refer the logs that were posted in the raid chat at the beginning of the raid to potentially undo a loot decision made by the raid leader. Always be patient and polite. No matter what. Even at the end of the raid, thank everyone for the raid and take off.
If there was a dispute, read below..

Q: There was a dispute/disagreement about something that dropped. What do I do about it since the Raid Leader deviated from their posted rules in raid chat?
A:
If a guild does deviate from their stated loot rules, you are granted the opportunity, as always, to report the action through ticketing in the Blizzard's UI (red ? in the menu commands at the bottom of your screen) to resolve the issue should it not had been resolved through group discussion. Though it does not always work, there are SOME cases where this does work. Do not abuse this system.

Q: What are GDKPs?
A:
There may be some raids you join that will be titled as "GDKP." These raids are hosted by people who are interested in gold. They host raids so that weaker players may get the items they want through bidding against other players for the items they seek after. Generally, you are extremely encouraged to bid if it is an upgrade to you, and if you don't, it's possible you won't receive gold at the end of these raids or even be invited the next time based on your previous actions. Be very careful if you want to join these runs. A lot of the top raiding guilds that host these have good memories. If you like gold, have gold, like gear, like buying gear, or just want to clear the content and help others out and earn gold, these runs are ideal for you.

2e) General Loot Rules for Horde
===========

A: I will take a guess and say that the rules of the Alliance apply to the Horde side as well. Scroll up if you were unsure about anything, and if another person has anything to comment about this section of the thread, I will update it as soon as I am able and motivated to do so.
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PvP
=======

3a) World PvP
=========

Q: I heard this is the highest PVP population server with a 50% split can this be true?!
A:
Yes, it is a pretty even split. Granted, I do believe alliance is slightly more active, but Horde is doing very well and is a ton of fun. Nothing too heavily one sided, so choose your race you prefer most.

Q: Hows The World PVP?
A:
Great, and more is happening everyday! Getting large raids together isn’t a hassle at all, just be active and don’t be one of those guys who sits around waiting for something. Initiate! There’s a bit of faction hate here on Bleeding Hollow, so represent!

Q: So I hear the Alliance on this server attack Org and destroy the server?
A:
Blizzard was not prepared.

Q:Where does the PVP happen?
A:
Anywhere and everywhere. Forums starts plenty of it, and you often see things going on in trade chat. Also, joining the chat "Riders" is a world pvp channel for both ally and horde, and is a sure-fire way to quench your bloodthirst.

3b) Arena PvP
===========

Q: How’s arena?
A:
About what you would hope for. I don’t think there is ever a time of day when you can’t find some friends for some 2s or 3s, and there are plenty of exceptional players here if you’re looking to get serious.

3c) Battleground PvP
===========

Q: Im just now gearing my toons for some PVP are there regular BG runners as well for honor grinds?
A:
I live, breathe, and eat bgs, as do a lot of us here on Bleeding Hollow. I see tons of other people from BH in them all the time, ally and horde. Refer to the guilds posted below for the PVP action.

3d) Rated Battleground PvP
============

Q: How are the RBGs here?
A:
Pretty good, plenty of PvP guilds to hook up with, and I see postings for RBGs all the time in trade, throughout all hours of the day.

3e) Guilds that PvP (Horde and Alliance)
=============

Q: What are some Horde PvP guilds?
A:
If punting gnomes is your thing, you might want to check out Ironwolf Clan or the Durotar Allstars.

Q: What are some Alliance PvP guilds?
A:
If you want to slay dem orcz, you may want to check out Hostìlìty, Battleguard, or Fights like a girl.

Q: I thought you said there were a lot of PvP guilds?
A:
There are. These are just the ones that come to mind either due to being biased, or just bad memory.

Role Playing
=============

Q: Is there roleplaying here?
A:
Not really. Occasionally you’ll find someone who wants to roleplay, but if that’s what you’re here for, a RP server would be more up your alley.
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Server Economy
==============

5a) Alliance

Q: What’s the economy like for Alliance?
A:
I've played the Alliance economy for over 3 years now. I will say that it is weaker than the Horde's. If you want to sell something, it will sell faster on the Horde side than it will on the Alliance at the prices you are looking to sell the item for.

I started with nothing and have been able to acquire a great deal of gold still on the Alliance side, so it is still possible to make money and sustain your needs whether you PvP, PvE, or love collecting recipes/pets/mounts.

5b) Horde

Q: What’s the economy like for Horde?
A:
I've played the Horde economy for over 2 years now. I will say that it is stronger than the Alliance's. If you want to sell something, it will sell faster on the Horde side than it will on the Alliance at the prices you are looking to sell the item for.

After I had some start up gold on the Alliance, I started with around ~1000 gold and was able to flip items rather steadily and easily targeting specific items that I knew would sell pretty decently. Making gold is about being patient and waiting for the right moments (for both factions). I have been able to acquire a great deal of gold on the Horde side, so it is still possible to make money and sustain your needs whether you PvP, PvE, or love collecting recipes/pets/mounts.

5c) Collectors and the Neutral Auction House
=================

There are people who sell rare pets, mounts, and recipes in both factions. The beauty of having auction-focused characters on both sides of the faction is the ability to scout for the things you want, especially if you see it on another faction's auction house. I would recommend contacting the initial seller through in-game mail or even add them to your friends list and negotiate a price for what you want, even if you have to consider a neutral auction house... however, keep in mind, that when you trade through the neutral auction house, it would be wise to consider the loss the seller loses to the auction house, which is 15% of his posted buy out.

For example:
In a neutral auction house, you post a Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish for 100 gold. Someone buys out your Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish. When an hour transpires, your mailbox will have ~85 gold in it, because a neutral AH takes out 15%. If you were selling the Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish and wanted to receive exactly 100g for it, take the 15% loss into consideration. You would need to post the item at

Simple Algebra
(Percent of what gold you want to make) / (Percent of what gold you will recieve at the end of the auction in your mailbox) equals (Amount of gold you WANT to make) / (Amount of gold you WILL RECEIVE in your mailbox)

.. solve for X (side note, G stands for gold, S stands for silver)

1) 100 / 85 = XG / 100G

2) (100*100)/(85) = ~117G 64S

You would post Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish on the Neutral Auction House at 117G 64S if you wanted ~100g to arrive in your mailbox. If you were buying this item from another person, potentially expect paying the 15% loss the other person will experience through the neutral auction house, in other words, Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish would cost you ~117.64G

Conclusion/TL;DR
==========

All in all Bleeding Hollow is an excellent realm. It’s full of great people, plenty to do, and seems to be one of the last bastion of hope for world PvP. In general we’re all pretty excited about and accepting of new transfers, as it makes our community grow. Come join the fun!
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you have anything that you think should be added, please don't hesitate to post it here, and it will be added
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Extra slot I didn't need, I'll keep it reserved for various facts about triscuit crackers.

A gift boyfriends: http://www.rtbot.net/play.php?id=VZ2gBxiZqXo
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/30/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well done, sir. This is very good for anyone looking to join the server.
Reply Quote
Well, turns out I didn't need as much room as I thought, gg helladin
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/23/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/23/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Ikyteu
Many people who began in Bleeding Hollow transferred off at one point of time or rolled an alt on another server and always ended up returning to Bleeding Hollow because there's no place like home.

Guilty of this myself. =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/23/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Ikyteu
Well, turns out I didn't need as much room as I thought, gg helladin

Aww, I felt like a bad boyfriend!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Q: What are some Horde PvP guilds?
A: If punting gnomes is your thing, you might want to check out Ironwolf Clan or the Durotar Allstars.

Q: What are some Alliance PvP guilds?
A: If you want to slay dem orcz, you may want to check out Hostìlìty, Battleguard, or Fights like a girl.

Q: I thought you said there were a lot of PvP guilds?
A: There are. These are just the ones that come to mind either due to being biased, or just bad memory.

Awesome, all 3 of those alli guilds make my blood boil when they step through the gates of Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Helladin
Awesome, all 3 of those alli guilds make my blood boil when they step through the gates of Orgrimmar.

/flex
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Awesome job on this FAQ, Requested for Sticky!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/23/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Alträ
Many people who began in Bleeding Hollow transferred off at one point of time or rolled an alt on another server and always ended up returning to Bleeding Hollow because there's no place like home.

Guilty of this myself. =P

Nevarrrrr! :O
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Very nice summary! Those of us coming here appreciate it!
Reply Quote
Edit: This might have been going to far for this one thread :D
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/30/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
HAHA... nj with the FAQ too.
Reply Quote
Very nice summary! Those of us coming here appreciate it!

No problem, Its for you guys after all!
Reply Quote
Aww, I felt like a bad boyfriend!

-- --

Feel free to print this out and hang it above your bed for those cold lonely nights.

Just realized it looks like I have a total !@#$-eye in this picture. ahahaha
Edited by Ikyteu on 7/30/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]