Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Located on US-Nordrassil, Palladium is a newly formed Horde guild, composed of raiders who, fed up with their former guilds' lack of focus, are now hell-bent on progression. We are looking for skilled, determined players to join our efforts in fielding a 25 man raid team that will follow our experienced leadership in to many deaths and many victories. We are currently 5/8H in 10-man and look forward to finishing this expansion strong and entering the next as a force to be reckoned with upon release.
Our Raid Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 6:30 PST. Loot is done by loot council based on raid benefit. Being a core raider in Palladium entitles you to free guild repairs, flasks, potions, food, enchants, and gems.
When new content is released we will also use guild funds and professions to gear our raiders to help progression. Our current balance has openings for the following classes (though any exceptional player is encouraged to apply):
• Balance Druid
• Unholy Death Knight
• Holy Priest
• Ret Paladin
• Holy Paladin
Application: http://palladium-horde.guildlaunch.com. You can also contact us online at Nordrassil on the following characters: Strakken, Bawsko, Fadestalker or Ildanach. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to RealID.
Edited by Fadestalker on 7/24/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Questions, form a possible prospective:
1) since you mentioned your former guild in your opening sentence, why should we believe the former people "lacked focus" rather than your core being bad?
2) if you are 'hell-bent in progression" why the hell do you have the legendaries yet still blue gems everywhere?
3) since you can kill H-DW with pretty much any class breakdown with the nerfs, why are you recruiting specific classes with MoP class make up and usefulness still undetermined?
4) What player level do you consider "exceptional"? Do you have a hell-bent 10 man core that can clear H-DS with the now pathetic nerfs? or is 5/8 exceptional?
5) I still don't get why guilds need to share their looting procedures in their recruitment posts. insert question.
1. As to our former guild, it was made up of people who were much more "casual" about raiding than me and my friends wanted. They were IRL friends, so we didn't want to make too many waves but DS raiding was like repeatedly sc!*%#*! our faces against a cheese-grater. Me and our now guild leader, Strakken, decided to form a new guild that was much more focused on progression and we worked hard to make up a new core of people who wanted to down heroic bosses as much as we did.
By "lack of focus" I mean that our previous guild members were, for the most part, not really interested in doing what was necessary for great raiding. They didn't check out askmrrobot.com, or have the proper enchants or know the fights before-hand. Thus they dragged us down, which is why we quit and formed our own guild where we make sure that people DO focus on those things.
2. Honestly this one just comes down to bad luck on my part. I, to be blunt, suck at making money in WoW and Queen's garnets are bloody expensive. I try to only save up cash to put the epic gems in the best gear, which is usually the 403's and above. You might also notice that my chest, despite my hope for the vanq chest to drop(which I swear it never) is still a Raid Finder piece of crap. There's no way I wasting my epic gems by putting them in that garbage, not until I can get an upgrade at least.
3. This one's pretty simple thankfully. We want to be able to start raiding MoP as fast as humanly possible once it comes out. To that end we are working on ensuring that we have a core group of raiders who know the fights, always show up and are ready to learn MoP. While you're right that we don't know MoP make-ups and usefullness, we feel that having dedicated people in Cata means that we'll have a solid core for MoP who will be willing to quickly learn the new ins and outs of their classes for MoP instead of blindly flailing around once the expansion does come out.
4. This one is my own personal opinion, but I think the other officers feel the same way. For me, "exceptional" means people who work to learn the fights, have great raid awareness and are reliable. I don't care if someone can do 60k DPS with their eyes closed because, if they die to Hagara's ice wall or they don't show up, their DPS is zero. I don't care very much about gear, gear can be found. I only want raiders that are willing to learn, don't constantly die to stupid stuff and show up when their supposed to. That, in my opinion at least, is what makes up an "exceptional" player.
Speaking honestly, we do have a 10-man group that is hell-bent on heroic modes. I honestly do think that we would have downed DW on heroic right now if not for the fact that our GL is experimenting with putting together a 25-man heroic DS runs. We're still trying to figure out if we want to keep doing 25-man heroic runs and if that fails(which hopefully will not happen) we'll return to our 10-man heroic mode and work on downing heroic DWing. If it suceeds however, we want to start raiding 25-man heroic modes in MoP so that more and more people can get loot, experience and the like.
5. To answer the question I THINK you're asking, here's the reason I think that guilds post their looting procedures. In short, guildmates can get cranky if moronic PuGs get their loot. Our loot council is focused on rewarding good players and strengthening the group as a whole. We find that our loot council ensures that loot goes to those who deserve it. PuG's, so long as they pull their own weight, will be eligible for loot. Likewise gear that normally could be won by the toss of the dice by a guy that can barely pull 6k dps on Ultraxion will instead go to a guildie that deserves it more.
Sorry for the wall of text, but there's the answers to your questions as plain as I can make them. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.