Mists of Pandaria Launches Sept. 25

100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/25/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Mork
So... Is there no way for me to pre-order a COLLECTOR'S edition from somewhere? Because having to hunt one down on/after release day doesn't sound like fun.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SZDAO/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
HURRAY!!!

Can't wait for this pile of poo of an expansion is put to bed.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
07/25/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Labor
Comes out two days after i start college. I'm sad :( no race to realm first
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
Is the collector's edition going to be available for preorder on Gamestop.com? I see it on Amazon, but apparently they don't do release day delivery. I preordered the Cataclysm collector's edition from Gamestop and got it delivered on release day. Currently I only see the standard edition available on Gamestop.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hmmm it comes out pretty close to my fall break I like this. I like this a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really? You're launching it on Yom kippur?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's my bday too!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They could put it the week before. Oh, but that puts the pre-launch event right on top of Rosh Hashanah!They could move it the week before that. Oh, but now we're on 9/11. Can't do that.Move it the week before that, but then the pre-launch event sits on labor day. Family BBQs will be ruined.They have to release it some time, and they just can't accommodate everyone.

I mean rosh hashannah isn't a very holy day honestly plus that's just the pre launch event and although people enjoy it it isn't as big as the launch. What about a week after? Could they seriously not have put it then when there isn't anything? The problem is they can they just don't care enough about a minority group to mind them. If this launched on christmas flame war about. Yom kippur? Lol get over it who cares? I'm not even jewish but it matters guy.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
07/25/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Solipsism
Really? You're launching it on Yom kippur?

The day before, actually. Do you have an alternative?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
/cheers

Cant wait! :)
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Shaman
I wonder how much crow everyone who said it wouldn't be out until after Thanksgiving have eaten so far?

Roughly 8 years of WoW history told us it would be out mid-Aug to mid-Oct.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
07/25/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Solipsism
What about a week after? Could they seriously not have put it then when there isn't anything? The problem is they can they just don't care enough about a minority group to mind them.

Can't do it then. It would be insensitive:

2nd October, 1968: More than 25 people have been killed during a vicious gun battle in Mexico where Student riots threaten Mexico Olympics. Thousands of students had gathered to protest against the military occupation of the National Polytechnic Institute.

2nd October, 1976: Hurricane Liza strikes at La Paz, Mexico leaving many hundreds dead and many thousand homeless as the hurricane breached the Cajoncito River

2nd October, 1985: In London and Liverpool gangs of black youths are continuing to fight with local police forces and rioting in areas where racial tension is at it's worst. The youths are making gasoline bombs which they are then using to firebomb shops in these areas.

2nd October, 1985: The actor Rock Hudson died in his sleep

2nd October, 2002: The first victim of the sniper attacks in the Washington, D.C. area, is shot and killed in a grocery store parking lot.

2nd October, 2006 : Charles Carl Roberts enters a one room Amish West Nickel Miles School, takes a number of hostages and kills four girls before committing suicide
Reply Quote
One day before my birthday. Nice.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
nice timing! A week before Quater 4 starts tnhat means they shall get a full quearters worth of info and stuff for stock holders :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/25/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Geso
Sweet, at least 1 month till the release gets delayed :3

They don't do that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
As many have already asked.....

Will Blizz be -

A) Authorizing internet retailers (ie; Amazon) to ship with Release Day Delivery (or release Day -1, which is obviously preferred, for obvious reasons)
B) Allowing those who ordered a true CE the ability to download prior to launch and use a code to access, for the 24-48 hours until they get their physical copy
C) or Some other method to not screw over those that want a full CE and only option includes Shipping. Getting a UPS delivery at 7pm at night on launch day just doesn't cut it, (ie; please authorize retaielrs to ship and have Release Day -1 arrival, since we could at least be able to play at true launch like those that use DDE)
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Pacific time launch.

You guys aren't getting any ahead time unless you consider it being like 3 am and have half a shot at a few hours of sleep ahead of time.

Me? Install. Go to bed. I can't stand to try to play right at the launch. Laggy.

They actually get an advantage because it generally starts being sold at 12:00am local time.

That means they can get MoP and get home and have it installed before it goes live.

Here on the West coast, it starts being sold at the same time the servers go live.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]