Mists of Pandaria- Rep Grinding

85 Human Paladin
I must say it is the best thread that I have read all year. I don't take any credit for the amazing sharp wit behind it. I just wanted to share it and make everyone smile and laugh the way I did.

Here is the original thread- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147947177

I’ve read a number of threads on various forums where people talk about what they’re doing to prepare for Mists of Pandaria. And I’ve seen good ideas, too. Stockpile healthy snacks so you don’t have a sugar rush, get regular exercise and sleep, some folks even prepare to take time off for that week. All great ideas.

And I’ve seen a lot of people talk about their Cata bucket lists, things that they’re doing while the beta winds its way towards implementation. Finishing up reputation grinds, stockpiling gold.

But it seems to me that many people miss a crucial reputation that will make the first weeks of Mists much easier if they make the effort to grind it up to exalted now, and do a daily or two after the expansion hits. I’m talking about your reputation with those other people who live in your house. The dreaded spousal rep grind.

This is the point where people will chime in and say, “I’m lucky, my wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/imaginary playmate plays WoW”. First of all, I hate you, my husband only uses the internet for political arguments and card models. Second, just because you both will be sitting there at 4 AM on the night of game release doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t work on your relationship now. If you’re both hardcore players, the second or third day of playing without much sleep and with only hasty bio breaks is when stresses in the relationship may begin to emerge, particularly if he wins an LFD trinket roll that would clearly benefit your spec far more.

Just because I’m talking about spousal rep, don’t forget that some of these tips can help with parental rep grind too, for those of you still under the parental roof.

“I’m already exalted with the spouse, I don’t need to do no stinkin dailies”. Ah, but you don’t realize that spousal reputation decays (sometimes terrifyingly quickly), and you can lose a great deal of rep if you prioritize dailies for in-game factions. Spend some time grinding that rep up to 999/1000 exalted before Mists, and you may be able to keep in honored/friendly territory.

So, how do you raise your rep to exalted? There are three traditional ways of gaining rep – dailies, epic quests, and killing monsters.

Some examples of dailies or weeklies that could raise your standing with your particular spousal faction include weeding, gathering the weekly groceries or defeating the grime under the sofa. There are a huge number of daily quests and some raise your rep faster than others. Talk to your questgiver for more information.

Epic quests could involve repairing stuff around the house, taking the spouse out to dinner and a show, or embarking on a vacation. Maybe take your low-level guildies (kids) out for a run through the mall to get them new boots and torso and leg armor (clothes for the new school year). If you have those noobs around the house remember that they're great to temporarily tank spousal aggro, but you've got to stay friendly with them too for it to work.

Killing monsters – take a look around your house. If you have any silithids roaming around, exterminating them is a great way to earn rep. If not, look for monster laundry piles, monster piles of bills or paperwork, monster halfway-done repair projects. The laundry piles have a fast respawn time, be warned.

Occasionally, raising your rep with the in-law faction could help with your spousal rep.

So, how do you datamine the amounts of rep that you’ll get for each daily? And how do you maximize your rep gain with as little effort as possible? I suggest talking to the faction quartermaster and actually reading the quest text. There are often a bunch of hidden quests or tasks that you can’t undertake until you’ve taken care of enough dailies to get your reputation into honored territory. Then you can have a conversation about taking steps towards completing epic quests.

Speaking of the faction quartermaster, what sort of faction rewards can you get? If reducing spousal aggro isn’t its own reward, then how can I encourage you to focus on this faction grind? At medium levels of positive reputation, you’ll probably be able to obtain buff food. But if you push it into revered or exalted you can ask them to ally with you against the parental or children faction. Er, or ask them to run dailies for you with the parental or children faction. Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Thank you for reading this far. I hope I’ve encouraged you to look into this often-neglected faction and think about how you too can reach exalted before Mists of Pandaria is released. Remember, unexpected spousal aggro not only wipes encounters, it could bug out your connection and cost you whole nights of raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
- this was my favorite line she said later

Just remember, you were willing to be sexually harassed by the Sons of Hodir for 6 weeks in exchange for a few extra points on a shoulder enchant. Vacuuming the living room rug could increase the percentage probability of a heroic pants drop.

And I don't mean Tier 14.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just remember, you were willing to be sexually harassed by the Sons of Hodir for 6 weeks in exchange for a few extra points on a shoulder enchant. Vacuuming the living room rug could increase the percentage probability of a heroic pants drop.

And I don't mean Tier 14.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/25/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Breé
This is the point where people will chime in and say, “I’m lucky, my wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/imaginary playmate plays WoW”. First of all, I hate you, my husband only uses the internet for political arguments and card models.

Well, luckily my boyfriend plays WoW. <3

But yeah, um, YAY for MoP release date!!!!
Reply Quote
This is pretty funny.

My girlfriend doesn't play :( I got her to try it once, and she didn't understand it and got frustrated, and now hates the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/25/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Ikyteu
My girlfriend doesn't play :( I got her to try it once, and she didn't understand it and got frustrated, and now hates the game.

That's unfortunate. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to have a spouse/significant other who didn't play. Thankful that my boy loves the game just as much as I do. Otherwise, we wouldn't have much in common at all. jk lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i just got done cooking a pretty mean sirloin roast out on the grill. its like 110 degrees and the grill is like 500 degrees. any man that does that deserves some good points imo

i think my love of cooking comes from my love of eatingggggg
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i just got done cooking a pretty mean sirloin roast out on the grill. its like 110 degrees and the grill is like 500 degrees. any man that does that deserves some good points imo

i think my love of cooking comes from my love of eatingggggg

Don't derail my thread of awesome!

<3 Guys that can cook!
Reply Quote
I like this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Congrats
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]