I've been looking at servers to transfer to..

75 Human Warrior
And Ravenholdt has really caught my eye. My fiancé and I have been looking for an RPPvP server to serve as our new home and we both really like what we've seen so far, in particular the tone of this forum so far (some realm forums are obnoxiously unreadable) and that you apparently have an RP forum, which is great. I also perused the progression thread and it appears there is no apparent lack of raiding, which many RP realms are plagued with.

There were just a few things we both were wondering about. It was too difficult to determine population and faction balance by just poking around, so we were both wondering how the faction numbers look. Is there a noticeable imbalance between Alliance/Horde? Or is the overall population of the realm low enough that it makes it hard to RP/group up?

I'm fairly sure neither of these should be a problem, but it's nice to know what to expect before hand. I'm already looking forward to transferring here and seeing (and killing) some of you in-game.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Welcome fellow traveller....RH is a nice server if you looking to come here. No need to worry about faction in balances....I hear Gnomes breed like rabbits and we are currently be over run by them little bugger. The current hunting limit set by DNR is at 15 per month, though I expect it to rise with the passage of time.

As for the population, you will find that for the most part...the decent people out number to tools as compaired to other servers out there.

The only down side, is the economy on both sides, but that will improve with the coming of MoP. I would recommend you create a lvl 1 on both sides and check the AH and compress you gold in terms of sellable items. if you have more than the 50k per 85 toon that you plan to transfer.

Other than that, welcome to RH if you come....I will warn ya of an advisory....this is a non steak eating server...so Tauren hunting is off limits. DNR has ruled that we are a protected race and it is illegal to hunt, hurt, mock, or anything else that could upset our gental spirits. The GM Gods of WoW will come down from the sky and do bad things to ya.

Other than that...welcome.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
Lest Bobcat's personal crusade against gnomes confuse you, on the whole Horde have historically outnumbered Alliance, and still do from an active 85 standpoint. (I think it's currently 1.7:1 H/A). From an RP standpoint, Alliance are perceived to have a more solid RP community, but most RPers here play both sides of the fence, so that is something to consider also. (there are open OOC channels for RPers to join and get acquainted outside of the traditional guild groups -- Alliance is /join RP; Horde is /join Horde.

Everything is kinda quiet in the pre-expansion lull, especially for PvP. Bobcat is correct that it would be wise to roll level 1s to test out the waters for all things, not just the AHs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey, another one of these. Guess its time to talk about our PVP since RP and the economy have already been covered.

There's lots of it. WPVP is rampant, a day doesn't go by that I don't respond to multiple world defense calls and have it end up in a nice brawl for both sides. House Ravensong have mostly got a monopoly on organized WPVP alliance side (as far as I'm aware, VVN sometimes like to teleport in with a full raid of people for teh lulz when one of their members gets ganked but its not a regular occurrence.)

Hordeside has the /Horde channel, which is a mix of OOC discussion, getting people together for events, be they PVP or RP, and the world's longest lasting %@*%waving contest. Its where we organized the old 40v40 raids, which Ombree was nice enough to Fraps. (Try and ignore my all caps raid warnings, getting that many people together is like herding cats.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3LRmElbb0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWZrF4ToAQ&list=UUus2m00INnTAd8_MyH72wnQ&index=6&feature=plcp

If you like RP and PVP and a small close-knit server where everybody hates one another in a warm and fuzzy kind of way, welcome to Ravenholdt.
Edited by Draxonicar on 7/23/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Orc Warrior
I really appreciate the responses. We have a bit more delving to do before we dive in, but the information helps greatly. We'll be rolling low levels to poke around just a bit more but it looks like Ravenholdt will serve as a great home.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
07/23/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Keidan
I really appreciate the responses. We have a bit more delving to do before we dive in, but the information helps greatly. We'll be rolling low levels to poke around just a bit more but it looks like Ravenholdt will serve as a great home.

HOT DAMN....She rolled an Orc Fem who looks GOOOOD!!!

I am a big fan of the Fem Orcs, but a slight suggestion....hit the barber up and get ya hair to look like Peg Bundy and make her a red head.

Safe journey on your travels to Ravenholdt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am also interested in transferring here and faction changing BACK to Horde. I grew up as Horde, transferred/faction switched with a ton of friends who no longer play.

This information has been helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hope to fight both of you, Vahan and Keidan, on Ravenholdt soon! :-)
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Vahan
I am also interested in transferring here and faction changing BACK to Horde

No, no. No. You stay on alliance. I need more people to push off of things.

Aorris gets old and everyone else has a parachute.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am also interested in transferring here and faction changing BACK to Horde

Dang...you had to remind me of the Wrath days when blast wave used to dismount players....good times. The best time was when I flew into the middle of a horde circle jerk high in the air above the gates of Uldar....knocked 5 hordies off their mounts and watched them splat like humpty dumpty.
Edited by Bobcat on 7/24/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
Thanks again for all the information. We've been enjoying being here so far; there are a lot more friendly players than on our last realm and we're already testing the waters with guilds and such. Looking forward to seeing you all in-game!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^ Agreed. This looks more than promising. Now to convince my last playing friend to join me! See you all soon. :-)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
07/24/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Bobcat

Dang...you had to remind me of the Wrath days when blast wave used to dismount players....good times. The best time was when I flew into the middle of a horde circle jerk high in the air above the gates of Uldar....knocked 5 hordies off their mounts and watched them splat like humpty dumpty.

You might enjoy this Bob. I apologize for the music. Drowning Pool is sooooo overplayed for PvP videos. Still, it is humorous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8dTIKy6Ork
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You might enjoy this Bob. I apologize for the music. Drowning Pool is sooooo overplayed for PvP videos. Still, it is humorous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8dTIKy6Ork

Got to love Tenj of A.S.S I watched this back in the hayday of blastwaving players off their mounts. I agree that the music is overplayed in PVP vids, but it does have a nice beat to it.

At one time, people used to go AFK in the air near away from Dala in Wrath. I used to group with a druid and a pally and we used to have fun chasing people down and knocking them off their mounts. At one it it got so bad that we had players waiting for me on the ground under Dala to repay the acts of kindness...damn druid was lucky in that regard.

Thanks for posting that vid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I click on this thread and see a female human twin.

Click on her armory and see a nasty orc.

If only I could gank people while wearing my Twilight Empire tag

But seriously if you come over, neato.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
07/24/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Arrienne
Click on her armory and see a nasty orc

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Arrienne is a white girl but she wont be no victim
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/24/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Rimlol
Arrienne is a white girl but she wont be no victim

I'm a strong independent white woman who don't need no man
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
07/24/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Arrienne

What about any of the following; Gnome, Dwarf, Night Elf, Worgen, Draenei?

Or if you feeling a little on the wild side, Tauren, Orc, Troll, Goblin, Forsaken or ... agh .... due to Official Horde politics I have to mention these sad images of male gender ... the Blood Elfs?

As you can see, I gave the us Taurens top billing due to the fact that we are SOOO tall. As for the others .... meh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/24/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Bobcat

What about any of the following; Gnome, Dwarf, Night Elf, Worgen, Draenei?

Or if you feeling a little on the wild side, Tauren, Orc, Troll, Goblin, Forsaken or ... agh .... due to Official Horde politics I have to mention these sad images of male gender ... the Blood Elfs?

As you can see, I gave the us Taurens top billing due to the fact that we are SOOO tall. As for the others .... meh.

It's not me, it's you.

I just don't like the Horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]