stag form

90 Night Elf Druid
am i the only one that thinks the new stag form looks bad?

the hock (the joint between the knee and the foot) on the back legs of the model practically rides up the deer's bum.
and the face gives me the impression of a dog on steroids with antlers.

i heard they talked about making stag form default for travel form, and with the new models they came out with i'm hoping this isn't true, or maybe make the glyph give us the appearance of the normal looking deer.
otherwise i'd settle happily for the out of date cheetah models.

thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You're the only one that doesn't think it looks good.

There will be a glyph of the cheetah so you can have that if you want, its just not in the beta yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
First, kudos for know what the heck a hock is....

I will take your word for it, but offer this - Blizzard tends to refine looks if it's needed. If it looks odd now, give it time. Next version could be amazing!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love the idea of the new forms!!! Honestly, I'm very bored with the cheetah travel form. And the stupid seabeast. I'm very excited to see Blizz offering new options even if they need a little tweaking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
First, kudos for know what the heck a hock is....

I will take your word for it, but offer this - Blizzard tends to refine looks if it's needed. If it looks odd now, give it time. Next version could be amazing!

A's in biology, animal science and equine science :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/23/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Verrin
Blizzard tends to refine looks if it's needed.

It's the model they used for Malorne in the Hyjal daily quests. Revision is not likely.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
One major disadvantage of stag form is that it's a larger target.

Yeah... your opponents will see you a mile off... cheetah is a lot smaller so easier to miss as a general rule.. especially when you're looking across a battlefield :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Bud
Stag form? I never heard of that.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Here is how I see the reason Blizzard is changing the travel form to the new Stag model. The fact is Cheetah Travel form and Cat form are far to similar in model. in fact before the Cat form got its update in Wrath/Cata, they were pretty much just a re-skinning. I like this change because it gives all of our forms a unique-ness that they didn't have before now. Travel Form is a Stag, Cat form is a Cat, Bear form is a Bear, Flight form is a bird, and Aquatic Form is a retarded Seal or Orca. If they do include a Glyph for Cheetah form, I hope they properly update the model with a Unique version of it.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Auyssaelre
Stag form? I never heard of that.

Instead of travel form looking like a cheetah, it will look like a stag. If you pick up a glyph, others can ride you as a mount. If you prefer the cheetah, there's a glyph to change the appearance back to it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/23/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Ryuonato
Here is how I see the reason Blizzard is changing the travel form to the new Stag model. The fact is Cheetah Travel form and Cat form are far to similar in model. in fact before the Cat form got its update in Wrath/Cata, they were pretty much just a re-skinning. I like this change because it gives all of our forms a unique-ness that they didn't have before now. Travel Form is a Stag, Cat form is a Cat, Bear form is a Bear, Flight form is a bird, and Aquatic Form is a retarded Seal or Orca. If they do include a Glyph for Cheetah form, I hope they properly update the model with a Unique version of it.

i'm all for the change, i was just hoping the new deer form would... look like a deer.
Reply Quote
72 Troll Druid
Does the stag travel at the same speed at the current travel form?
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Megadagic

Yes, it does, from what I can tell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The model I saw looked like a deer. Maybe I saw something else. It reminded me of something I've seen in Northrend... I didn't think it was as bad as this thread made it sound so far...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
To those who didn't see this coming -

This has been coming ever since WoW existed.

Does that look like a cheetah paw? No. It looks like a cloven hoof.

That said I'd rather they used the time to give Moonkin an actual overhaul. No the glyph form doesn't count.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Welda

If it looks normal to a person who didn't take equine science then blizz doesn't care.

Guess how many people have taken equine science.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/25/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Kronoin

If it looks normal to a person who didn't take equine science then blizz doesn't care.

I suppose not all animators want to put in accuracy with someone who knows a lot about deer or horses for that matter. They just added it and went on with this business.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/25/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Kronoin

it's not even a horse thing, it's just an animal thing in general. google dog, cat, deer, buffalo, horse. and then blizz's sad excuse for a deer model and measure the length of the legs between the hock and the buttox and compare for yourself.
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Megadagic

Unless PTR is bugged, Travel Form (Stag) actually benefits from the Feral Swiftness Talent. Also, if you have the Stampeed Glyph you essencially get sprint in Stag Form.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I like what i've seen from screen shots of stag form, my complaint however is that it is a STAG, for those who do not know stag is a Male deer, and deer are a very sexually dymorphic creature, would love it if female druids got a doe instead of stag, though I am probabaly hoping for to much since other druid race's cat forms have mane's which is characteristic of male lions...

inb4 "azorth is not earth, and animals may not follow same gender differences"
that excuse is bs, and you know it!
Edited by Animaru on 7/25/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]