Win a 8/8H clear, mount and gear on Aug 19th

90 Gnome Mage
CONGRATS to Æthèr of Indestructible who won the event.

Screenshot - http://i50.tinypic.com/prafd.jpg

Video Link: http://youtu.be/cYY5qWK8FYg

Brohava of the NAO Gaming group will also be ran through on the same night. He will be eligible to win any loot that the Indestructible surogate doesn't need as well as the second mount. This is our way of making sure that someone who participated gets something out of it as well. Thank you everyone for coming out. It was a blast!

The idea was originally created by Roudrunners of KJ and borrowed by Get Well Soon of Korgath. We loved the idea so much that we decided to continue the tradition.

On August the 19th, 2012, Dysfunction will be hosting a deathmatch in Stranglethorn Arena at 9 p.m. server time. Whoever loots the chest first will be deemed the winner and will receive a full clear through Heroic Dragon Soul and receive any loot not needed by a raider as well as the mount from Deathwing himself, Life-Binder's Handmaiden.

The prize can be claimed by the person who wins or given to a person or alternative character of their choice. We welcome any Horde players that want to exploit the opportunity for easy ganking.

We raid every Tuesday at 7:30 Server Time and are usually done within two hours. There will not be a huge time investment needed for the winner and we will make sure it is a smooth and fun experience for the lucky person. You will be allowed to choose the Tuesday in which you claim your prize.

If you win, but have no interest in the run itself, you can sell it if you choose to do so. We'll need to see a screenshot of the sale as proof. It is yours to do whatever you please with. Sell, gift or consume it yourself.

Regardless of group size there will be only one announced winner despite how many people are involved. You're more than welcome to group up but just remember that the person that loots the trinket will be the respective winner. If the chest despawns before someone is able to loot the trinket, we will reschedule for the following Sunday. Looting of the trinket will be verified by a screenshot.

Let's show them how it's done. We all know Kel'Thuzad can do it better!

If you have any questions please feel free to post in this thread or send an in game mail to Wuvs.
Edited by Eva on 8/21/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Time to reroll gnome and use noggenfogger
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
Stupid for PVP hero rigged stuff /whine
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
in b4 rogue smoke bomb cap
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
inb4 anyonecared
Reply Quote
88 Undead Rogue
A free 8/8 heroic clear isn't much better than your current prices. Way to undercut everyone and tank the business, I see someone struggled in Econ 101. You're either desperate for gold or trying to "stick it to" the other big bad guilds. Either way it's kinda pathetic.

In before you write a wall of text that I'll never read.

Aka stop liking things I don't like.
Are you butthurt that you won't win that, so you gotta whine about how it'll take ONE PERSON away from whatever runs the other big guilds are earning? Pretty sure they're booked till mists with the population of K'T...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am glad to hear that everyone is so interested in how we construct our business. Since you mentioned Economics 101, I figured I would reiterate on your assumptions. I wrote a paper during my thesis regarding Bertrand Economics.

I'm sure you're very aware of the theory, in which each theoritic "business" is a seller in a market of a unspecified homogenous good. If you all charge a price of 1 dollar, buyers will distribute themselves evenly and each of you will earn 1 dollar. Of course, since each of you happens to be a competitor, you are allowed to offer a lower price. Marginal costs are zero, and fixed costs are zero.

Buyers are assumed to be price-conscious and will go for the slightest of differences. The competitor with the lowest price will therefore capture all of the market and will get number of buyers x the difference between her or his price and the marginal cost. Competitors with identical bids share the spoils.

Regardless of economics, we're at the end of an expansion where the gear you're selling will be replaced by greens. We decide our prices in relation to the effort put forth into the sale versus what we personally would be willing to pay. You may feel that paying 100,000 gold for an item you will replace in two months is acceptable but we do not. With a 30% nerf it is quite possible to pug at least 6/8H if not further.

We share our spoils evenly within the guild, it does not all go to the guild bank past a certain plateau. As we will be clearing the instance regardless, there is no marginal cost to complete outside what would already been spent and the said gear will be sharded or vendored if not sold. In simple terms, 25,000 is better than 0.

As much as it may pain the trolls, we do not drive our prices down in order to crash the market or to stick it to the "big bad guilds." I personally have a lot of respect for both Indestructible and Intent and am not trying to “stick” it to them.

No one likes it when the price of red gems drops from 4,000 gold to 300. Unfortunately, in a free economy, supply and demand and Bertrand Economics determine the market price. Anything above the marginal cost is a profit and considering there is only time investment involved, in this case, the cost of running people through Dragon Soul is subjective.

As far as this event is concerned, we’re not doing this to drive down costs or any of the other things being spewed in this thread. It’s a fun event that has been done on other servers and we want to continue it here on Kel’Thuzad.
Edited by Eva on 7/25/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
We still always have sellers so your price drops are fine. IDK why people so mad about it rofl
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Dietcokes
in b4 rogue smoke bomb cap

Now everyone knows my plan :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
07/24/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Sava
Time to reroll gnome and use noggenfogger

Then you can ambush their heels!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
We still always have sellers so your price drops are fine. IDK why people so mad about it rofl

Think you mean buyers. Idiot.

No, we can still sell. We still have sellers. Multiple. In guild. Gore is our best seller.

Jesus. Call someone an idiot for no reason. Great work BB.
Edited by Dagglet on 7/25/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Druid
A free 8/8 heroic clear isn't much better than your current prices. Way to undercut everyone and tank the business, I see someone struggled in Econ 101. You're either desperate for gold or trying to "stick it to" the other big bad guilds. Either way it's kinda pathetic.

In before you write a wall of text that I'll never read.

Look this Busybee guy is trying to make thoughts again. You should write a letter to McDonalds, Netflix, Pepsi, and let them know how lowering there prices never worked for them in the past. Why would a timmy like you ever open your mouth and say, economics. It’s about the same as NASA going on a recruitment trip to a group home. What is kind of pathetic well more tragic is the fact that in your head I’m sure u thought you were saying something fit for human eyes.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Hunter
I am glad to hear that everyone is so interested in how we construct our business. Since you mentioned Economics 101, I figured I would reiterate on your assumptions. I wrote a paper during my thesis regarding Bertrand Economics.

I'm sure you're very aware of the theory, in which each theoritic "business" is a seller in a market of a unspecified homogenous good. If you all charge a price of 1 dollar, buyers will distribute themselves evenly and each of you will earn 1 dollar. Of course, since each of you happens to be a competitor, you are allowed to offer a lower price. Marginal costs are zero, and fixed costs are zero.

Buyers are assumed to be price-conscious and will go for the slightest of differences. The competitor with the lowest price will therefore capture all of the market and will get number of buyers x the difference between her or his price and the marginal cost. Competitors with identical bids share the spoils.

Regardless of economics, we're at the end of an expansion where the gear you're selling will be replaced by greens. We decide our prices in relation to the effort put forth into the sale versus what we personally would be willing to pay. You may feel that paying 100,000 gold for an item you will replace in two months is acceptable but we do not. With a 30% nerf it is quite possible to pug at least 6/8H if not further.

We share our spoils evenly within the guild, it does not all go to the guild bank past a certain plateau. As we will be clearing the instance regardless, there is no marginal cost to complete outside what would already been spent and the said gear will be sharded or vendored if not sold. In simple terms, 25,000 is better than 0.

As much as it may pain the trolls, we do not drive our prices down in order to crash the market or to stick it to the "big bad guilds." I personally have a lot of respect for both Indestructible and Intent and am not trying to “stick” it to them.

No one likes it when the price of red gems drops from 4,000 gold to 300. Unfortunately, in a free economy, supply and demand and Bertrand Economics determine the market price. Anything above the marginal cost is a profit and considering there is only time investment involved, in this case, the cost of running people through Dragon Soul is subjective.

As far as this event is concerned, we’re not doing this to drive down costs or any of the other things being spewed in this thread. It’s a fun event that has been done on other servers and we want to continue it here on Kel’Thuzad.

Isn't the application of Bertrand economics flawed in this situation though? Assuming all guilds that are selling items (henceforth referred to as simply "sellers") are at max capacity for buyers (probably around 4-5 on average) they'll take each week, they cannot provide services for more buyers. This would mean that they The supply curve here would be fixed at 12 buyers per week. Instead of the traditional supply and demand curve not applicable? I admittedly have only taken a few economics courses, but the supply and demand curve should look something like this right? I've marked points A and B, which I'll explain after the link.

http://i.imgur.com/aGYSh.png

Point A is the point where the supply and demand meet, which would be the point at which prices would be set. By lowering your price to point B, you don't get more buyers. You only get less gold. Am I missing something to this whole situation?

For what it's worth I think the event sounds fun, and I'm sure it will go well. The only suggestion I would add is to spam trade a bit about it too, to get even more people involved. One free run shouldn't have a dramatic effect on buyers on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Isn't the application of Bertrand economics flawed in this situation though? Assuming all guilds that are selling items (henceforth referred to as simply "sellers") are at max capacity for buyers (probably around 4-5 on average) they'll take each week, they cannot provide services for more buyers. This would mean that they The supply curve here would be fixed at 12 buyers per week. Instead of the traditional supply and demand curve not applicable? I admittedly have only taken a few economics courses, but the supply and demand curve should look something like this right? I've marked points A and B, which I'll explain after the link.

http://i.imgur.com/aGYSh.png

Point A is the point where the supply and demand meet, which would be the point at which prices would be set. By lowering your price to point B, you don't get more buyers. You only get less gold. Am I missing something to this whole situation?

For what it's worth I think the event sounds fun, and I'm sure it will go well. The only suggestion I would add is to spam trade a bit about it too, to get even more people involved. One free run shouldn't have a dramatic effect on buyers on the server.

Your theory relies heavily on that you will get the same amount of buyers regardless of price. We found that, while we could get 2-3 buyers for Madness, filling the other boss slots were not quite as easy. Lowering the prices to what we felt was fair has allowed us to sell at max capacity, nearly doubling what we were making per raid night. Maybe Intent and Indestrucible were having no issues but this really had nothing to do with their business model.
Edited by Eva on 7/25/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tuffalo, I have to admit those were pretty funny.

Posted on wrong toon. Woo.
Edited by Zialax on 7/25/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]