Time to Get the Word Out.....

90 Night Elf Warrior
For everyone who complains about how dead our server is this presents a unique opportunity. Mists of Pandaria will be released on September 25th & thus this is usually a big time for transfers & a chance to change your image as a player & for your guild. Also it's a great time to drag players back into the game kicking & screaming, because we all know at least 1 person who decided to call it quits because the game got boring.

The next two months will be huge for achievement !@#$%s as well ( I suggest utilizing www.openraid.us as a tool) & generally might reinvigorate this server which has been on life support for quite some time.

For any guild actively recruiting, for anyone trying to organize a achievement run who needs some publicity, & for any new players or guilds to the server who want to advertise, please feel free to post your stuff below.

I know we have some trolls on this server & usually I'm willing to deal with it. However, I honestly would appreciate keeping trolling to a minimum on this thread (bump the thread if you like though).

Thanks folks & good luck to everyone as we all prepare for the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
a toast to optimism.

/cheers
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
See u in GW2
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Thanks for the good luck! best of luck to everyone leveling, and the race to 90 and guild challenges/achieves/ and boss downs! Good luck everyone! Bring your friends back.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just started using www.openraid.us the other day... and it's legit! If any Horde players want to get mount achieves done from earlier xpacs pst me in game!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
or just have them sign up for openraid at www.openraid.us & add them to your friends list. They will be able to see any events you partake in or create & you'll all have access to the openraid ventrilo (when it actually stops crashing). The stipulation for access to the ventrilo is that everyone must sign up on the openraid event that is running.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/12/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Sorchia
openraid, the next step after LFR for tolerance in wow.

Don't knock it till you try it. IF you do your research you can get alot done.... if your spam sign up for everything under the sun however.... usually doesn't work out well. Either way it allows you to hold people accountable & write on there walls for being idiotic. A good cross server reputation can come in handy especially if like so many gorefiend forum guys... your plan is to eventually transfer.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Vetwar, Best warrior US.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/13/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Jaliya
Vetwar, Best warrior US.

Not the best, no where near the worst, & probably slightly above average AT BEST. However, I do bring personality to a raid & my Burning Crusade background (back in the days when Blizzard ignored all the players pleas to NERF content) does really come in handy for mechanic based fights.

The biggest issue with openraid I seem to be having is what i call "club" syndrome. Regular firelands traditionally go 6/7 & quit at Rag (or try it once or twice than quit). To do Heroic Ragnaros you need to ALREADY have the Firelord title (which u ironically get by killing Heroic Rag) which means it's essentially a mount run.

Tier 11 has similar issues especially in BOT where everyone under the sun (myself included) gets saved every week for a shot at the one shot sinestra achievement. Other than those current problems I recommend openraid to help get those achievements you need.

ALSO QUICK NOTE ULD & ICC MOUNTS ARE DISAPPEARING FOR MOP SO GET THEM NOW.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/13/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Vetwar
(back in the days when Blizzard ignored all the players pleas to NERF content)

Turn off the buff and go do heroics other than morchok then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/13/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Trinkít
(back in the days when Blizzard ignored all the players pleas to NERF content)

You missed the point... back before you had to convince 9 other individuals to turn off the nerfs when the content never changed in difficulty. Although you bring up an interesting point. Why not have a Feat of Strength or another tier of achievements for players who refuse to use the nerf hammer?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
08/14/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Vetwar

You missed the point... back before you had to convince 9 other individuals to turn off the nerfs when the content never changed in difficulty. Although you bring up an interesting point. Why not have a Feat of Strength or another tier of achievements for players who refuse to use the nerf hammer?

They're doing this in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Good to know.

I'd like to echo Vetwar in saying that if you don't have Glory to the ICC/Ulduar 10/25 raider mounts, I"d get them quick! They will be removed when MOP comes out, and it's pretty easy content to do with a group of decent players.

In fact, Peenqi is doing a run this weekend through Open Raid, if anyone is interested. I'd highly recommend it. We accomplish every achievement for the mount everytime we go through.

http://www.openraid.eu/index.php/users/raid/43640/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Thanks for the information.... that is very good to know. Anything else we should expect PvE wise in regards to changes? I know about the extra rolls & loot conversion system but other than that I know relatively little.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/15/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Sorchia
patch 5.0 next week, should be fun to watch gorefiends server pop to around Medium for a change lol

sad part is that if you research Gorefiend it STILL shows up as a medium population server. Also according to several blue posts the 5.04 patch is going to be released on August 28th. So still got 13 days to get stuff done :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/13/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Vetwar
Vetwar, Best warrior US.

Not the best, no where near the worst, & probably slightly above average AT BEST. However, I do bring personality to a raid & my Burning Crusade background (back in the days when Blizzard ignored all the players pleas to NERF content) does really come in handy for mechanic based fights.

The biggest issue with openraid I seem to be having is what i call "club" syndrome. Regular firelands traditionally go 6/7 & quit at Rag (or try it once or twice than quit). To do Heroic Ragnaros you need to ALREADY have the Firelord title (which u ironically get by killing Heroic Rag) which means it's essentially a mount run.

Tier 11 has similar issues especially in BOT where everyone under the sun (myself included) gets saved every week for a shot at the one shot sinestra achievement. Other than those current problems I recommend openraid to help get those achievements you need.

Are you saying you need to be from BC days to be good at mechanics? Because I am a wrath baby, and I'm pretty sure I can handle pretty much any mechanic thrown at me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/15/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Sorchia
patch 5.0 next week, should be fun to watch gorefiends server pop to around Medium for a change lol

is sorchia xfering back?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/15/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Centsible

Are you saying you need to be from BC days to be good at mechanics? Because I am a wrath baby, and I'm pretty sure I can handle pretty much any mechanic thrown at me.

No I'm noting that TBC was a mostly mechanic based expansion where you couldn't skip content (unlike both WOTLK & Cataclysm). Therefore there was no escaping the mechanics of a fight or waiting for nerf hammers to fall. This isn't discrediting WOTLK & Cataclysm (they offer there own challenges) it just notes that TBC raiders earned there medals the hard way in comparison. Vanilla players have an even bigger pedestal to stand on because on top of not having nerf hammers, & not being capable of skipping content, they also had to compete with 39 other players for gear, horrible loot distribution systems, & DKP at it's most popular.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]