14 dead in Colorado theatre

87 Blood Elf Paladin
At this point, all we can really do is set up more metal detectors in public areas where people are hoarded together and hope for the best. It's sad that sometimes you can't even expect to go enjoy a movie and make it back home. Who/what do you think the media will blame? Bane being too 'lively' in the film?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-20/shooting-movie-theater-denver/56351098/1
Edited by Entensity on 7/20/2012 3:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Wow, that's pretty sad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Reports say the dude kicked in an outside-facing emergency exit door into the individual theater, so metal detectors at the cinema's entrance wouldn't have done anything in this situation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
07/20/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Avanna
Reports say the dude kicked in an outside-facing emergency exit door into the individual theater,

There's no way he could have kicked it in. Emergency exit doors swing outward meaning he would have been trying to kick it against the door frame and the hinges.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
07/20/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Avanna
Reports say the dude kicked in an outside-facing emergency exit door into the individual theater, so metal detectors at the cinema's entrance wouldn't have done anything in this situation.

Not in this situation, but there isn't anything wrong with added security.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
That would not have helped. The door that was used was the exit door inside the theater. Not the main entrance. This door was propped open sometime before the showing.

Edited due to forgetting a certain point.
Edited by Carune on 7/20/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I hear the guy got in cause someone in the theater went out that door to take a cell phone call?
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Death Knight
Isn't that just terrible? I am so sick of seeing these stories. I wish these angry kids who want to go blow holes in people would go travel the third world a bit and realize how good things are in the states. Even now with the crap economy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm wondering why they let him in with weapons.

Cosplay is one thing, but here, even fake weapons are banned from the theatre.

We had a guy dressed as Bane here too, but he carried no weapons.

I feel so bad for the people & their families... those people just wanted to go see Batman, & they were killed for it. :(

/salute

RIP, my fellow Batman fans.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
"Some men just want to watch the world burn"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/20/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Coojo
"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Unfortunately, that is the sad truth. I can't say what was going through this guy's head but it sure wasn't sane. This guy had a Doctors in Neuroscience and was going to withdraw from college for some reason.

I'm afraid watching movies at the Theatre will never be the same again.

My prayers goes to out all those affected including the families and the wounded get better.

I also feel bad for all the people who actually worked on the Dark Knight Rises because whenever people look back on Batman, they will think of this and that is so very unfortunate.

07/20/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Killercaitie
RIP, my fellow Batman fans.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
One of my friends almost went to that theater that night. We all got panicked calls from her. Scared me half to death just to hear about this after being woken up. ( I'm in arizona her friends are mostly out of state. We couldn't just teleport to comfort her )

Friend is safe she was going to see it later. Just got obviously scared. Can't blame her.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
One of my friends almost went to that theater that night. We all got panicked calls from her. Scared me half to death just to hear about this after being woken up. ( I'm in arizona her friends are mostly out of state. We couldn't just teleport to comfort her )

Friend is safe she was going to see it later. Just got obviously scared. Can't blame her.

Oh not at all. Of course she's going to be rattled after almost being there. Who knows what could have happened to her...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/20/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Oh not at all. Of course she's going to be rattled after almost being there. Who knows what could have happened to her...

I know : ( She went because she heard us all talking about how great Avengers was in theaters. I know this is just my human nature talking. There's no possible way it was our faults that she almost went. But of course we're going to feel like that since we almost lost our friend.

Computer friendships suck sometimes. When a friend really needs a physical hug you can't do jack : /
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I know : ( She went because she heard us all talking about how great Avengers was in theaters. I know this is just my human nature talking. There's no possible way it was our faults that she almost went. But of course we're going to feel like that since we almost lost our friend.

Computer friendships suck sometimes. When a friend really needs a physical hug you can't do jack : /

Don't think like that, you're not responsible for it. Movies are a great thing to go see & have fun. What happened is not the fault of anyone that went to see the movie, it's what that freak did.

Just try your best to keep her calm, skype & e-hug at the camera or something... but don't start being filled with guilt over it. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Don't think like that, you're not responsible for it. Movies are a great thing to go see & have fun. What happened is not the fault of anyone that went to see the movie, it's what that freak did.

Just try your best to keep her calm, skype & e-hug at the camera or something... but don't start being filled with guilt over it. :(

I know it wasn't my fault. But you know how sometimes your brain just goes there? Perhaps it's just me. Just glad she's okay, I hope this doesn't stop her from loving movies. Or just being a fun geeky batman fan.

There is one thing I'm dreading though. Given how jumpy america is. We might end up seeing more security in movie theaters. I'm all for safety but this just doesn't seem right. I keep wanting to blame security at the theater. But how the heck would they know? They probably thought he was just cosplaying. According to this news article he actually bought a ticket and sat in the theater. But then you have people in the mass confusion saying no he snuck in through a cracked open emergency door. I can understand the confusion though.

Guess it's a good thing I don't care much for those movies. If I went to see it now it would just feel wrong. Hollywood is going to make money off the movie. The friends and family of the victims get nothing. Unless they already have charity drives opened up. Still just feels wrong.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to see it tonight. A bit nervous, I might say.

And he didn't sneak the weapons in. He apparently had bought a ticket, walked in and cracked open the back exit, then suited up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12 people is the current number, thought there are a few in critical condition.

Reports are that he left through the emergency exit and propped it open and then came back in and started.

One issue is what one person needs 4 firearms?, let alone buy them in a two month time period.(the suspect did this according to reports)

Im not a hunter, but an automatic rifle seems like overkill to me, then of course you top that off with buying SWAT type body armor.

My heart goes out to the people involved in this and on a smaller note, a MUCH smaller note its sad such a decent movie is going to be missed being enjoyed by alot of people in the theater as a result of this senseless act.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/20/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Fuzzywuzzee
My heart goes out to the people involved in this and on a smaller note, a MUCH smaller note its sad such a decent movie is going to be missed being enjoyed by alot of people in the theater as a result of this senseless act.

The movies seem cursed anyway. First Heath now this.

I shouldn't be complaining about the people who went to the theater but I'm just really bothered someone took a 3 month old to see a loud action movie. -_- Now I sound like a jerk..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]