14 dead in Colorado theatre

90 Worgen Hunter
has anyone seen this guys picture from his first court appearance?
looks like they put a bright orange wig on the guy.it's possible he dyed it himself but did a terrible job if so.

my first thought when i saw the picture was the authorities saying "we can't do anything illegal or immoral to this scumbag but we put this extremely bright target on him so those of you who don't care about morals can't miss him" and i loved it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Most gunowners claim that if they had been in situations like these, they would have dealt with the attacker and saved the victims. Very few of them would actually have been able to back up these claims.

Most I know would say no such thing. At best a statement of ignorance; at worst, anti-gun bigotry.

The material, the trainers, the experience is out there. You just have to make a decision to make use of it and educate yourself. Or you can spout stupid !@#$ on an open forum. Your choice.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
looks like they put a bright orange wig on the guy.it's possible he dyed it himself but did a terrible job if so.

my first thought when i saw the picture was the authorities saying "we can't do anything illegal or immoral to this scumbag but we put this extremely bright target on him so those of you who don't care about morals can't miss him" and i loved it.

His adult friend finder. Note the date and his scumbag title.

http://i.imgur.com/f0RiZ.jpg

Premeditated. I hope the first charge is 12 counts of murder one. I'll be pretty upset if the prosecution doesn't get the death penalty with a quickness. Bare minimum its gonna be years before hes even sentenced I'm sure. Victims get to pay for his court and jail time, along with the rest of us.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jack Ruby 2.0
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
His adult friend finder. Note the date and his scumbag title.

http://i.imgur.com/f0RiZ.jpg

"Will you visit me in prison?" - July 5th.

o_O
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

The news said he was trying to imitate a character from one of the movies. I never knew Ronald McDonald was in the Dark Knight trilogy.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage

Most gunowners claim that if they had been in situations like these, they would have dealt with the attacker and saved the victims. Very few of them would actually have been able to back up these claims.

Most I know would say no such thing. At best a statement of ignorance; at worst, anti-gun bigotry.

The material, the trainers, the experience is out there. You just have to make a decision to make use of it and educate yourself. Or you can spout stupid !@#$ on an open forum. Your choice.

You did. Leshin did. Numerous other people on this forum did. In fact, every single time an incident like this happens and I see it on whatever forum I frequent at the time, there is always a gunowner making a claim like this. Every single time, without exception.

The ones who don't make this claim are most likely the responsible gunowners, the ones who have common sense and/or don't have power fantasies.

And as I have stated before, I would like to know what kind of training allows a person to be able to see clearly in a dark, smoke-filled room.

And I'm sure that you know as well as I do that the average gunowner does not have much in the way of training with their firearm(s).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/23/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Nekrosh

What does that mean?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

What does that mean?

Jack Ruby was the guy who murdered Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin of John F. Kennedy.
Edited by Snozberries on 7/23/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/23/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Snozberries
Jack Ruby was the guy who murdered Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin of John F. Kennedy.

Ah okay so that means you're hoping prisoners take care of him? Correct? I agree.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
07/23/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Ah okay so that means you're hoping prisoners take care of him? Correct? I agree.

Me? Not really, I'd rather see him prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Even though he's likely going to hide behind an insanity defense.

And Jack Ruby wasn't a prisoner. Just some random with a gun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Me? Not really, I'd rather see him prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Even though he's likely going to hide behind an insanity defense.

Oh sorry that was my mistake. Ugh This is what I get for never paying attention in history class. I shouldn't be on here when I'm just waking up ^^;
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin

IMHO i think he should be hung by his toes and tortured, then left in a closed room only being fed bread and water.

But thats just me, i think people like that are sick, and deserve the worst treatment you could give a human being.

Edit: Speaking of the massacre guy, not jack ruby
Edited by Rayladin on 7/23/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Pretty much agree. As far as im concerned you lose your right to be spared inhumane treatment when you yourself act inhumane.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
07/23/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Oh sorry that was my mistake. Ugh This is what I get for never paying attention in history class. I shouldn't be on here when I'm just waking up ^^;

No worries. Look at Robert H. Jackson's Wikipedia page and I'll bet you'll recognize the photo hes famous for ;)

(the photographer, not attorney general by the same name)
Edited by Nekrosh on 7/23/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
No worries. Look at Robert H. Jackson's Wikipedia page and I'll bet you'll recognize the photo hes famous for ;)

(the photographer, not attorney general by the same name)

I guess my high school history class skipped this. Then again I'm guilty of day dreaming and ignoring history once we're done with greeks/romans. Overactive imagination mixed with high school was bad for me.

I know this is off topic but black and white photos always seem to look better. I mean yeah I know they didn't have color at the time I was just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

And I'm sure that you know as well as I do that the average gunowner does not have much in the way of training with their firearm(s).

Yep, gun bigot.

Most gun owners I know (and we're all pretty average) actually do have training. In my state, you HAVE to have it to get a CCW. Additionally, I shoot a lot. Not as much as I"d like to, but it's a regular thing.

Of my normal circle of (gun owning) friends, about a third either shoot IDPA regularly or have attended classes from a variety of private sector trainers. Many are, of course, .mil or have been such.

So, yeah, you're talking out of your third point of contact.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
07/25/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Rashadril
Most gun owners I know (and we're all pretty average) actually do have training. In my state, you HAVE to have it to get a CCW. Additionally, I shoot a lot. Not as much as I"d like to, but it's a regular thing.

You do realize there's a drastic difference between basic target practice/gun care and being in a dangerous situation, right? Newbie hunters typically get the shakes simply from aiming at a deer for the first time. Adrenaline, darkened environments, distracting noises, a panicked crowd, smoke, getting shot at, a target with body armor. Swat teams and soldiers spend years of constant training for those kinds of situations. Having a gun license doesn't turn you into rambo. And playing rambo is precisely the kind of thing that can get someone killed.
Edited by Snozberries on 7/25/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Yep, gun bigot.

Of my normal circle of (gun owning) friends, about a third either shoot IDPA regularly or have attended classes from a variety of private sector trainers. Many are, of course, .mil or have been such.

Lol, hadn't heard that for awhile :)
Edited by Nekrosh on 7/25/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
07/25/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Snozberries
You do realize there's a drastic difference between basic target practice/gun care and being in a dangerous situation, right? Newbie hunters typically get the shakes simply from aiming at a deer for the first time. Adrenaline, darkened environments, distracting noises, a panicked crowd, smoke, getting shot at, a target with body armor. Swat teams and soldiers spend years of constant training for those kinds of situations. Having a gun license doesn't turn you into rambo. And playing rambo is precisely the kind of thing that can get someone killed.

I have to agree with this. As much as I support CCW and Stand Your Ground, this is not the average situation for a civilian to handle. The only exception I would give is IF AND ONLY IF a weapon holder happened to be:

1. Positioned perfectly in such a way that he had a clear shot of the killer with no innocents anywhere near the line of fire.
2. Had sufficient control over himself so he would be capable of taking the shot.

Police, swat, and soldiers train a hell of a lot for situations like these and none of it fully prepares you for the fear that strikes you the first time you hear a round buzz by you. Add in the tear gas, a darkened setting, and hundreds of people panicking and anyone will find themselves experiencing the fog of war.

Now if an experienced police officer or combat veteran happened to be in there with a weapon, maybe things would have been stopped quickly. Either way, it's not a good case to use for or against gun control.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
[quote]

Yep, gun bigot.

No, gun realist. According to every set of statistics I've seen, the average gun owner has little training with their firearms. And I don't know any that have training that allows them to shoot accurately in a dark room filled with smoke and panicked people.

So, yeah, you are being overly optimistic about what the average gun owner could have done in this situation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]