Is Corrupted Ashbringer Still Obtainable???

85 Human Death Knight
I was chilling in SW when I noticed some guy with the Corrupted Ashbringer from Naxx 40 (the Vanilla Naxx that was taken out of the game). Out of curiousity, I looked up the guy on armory and was dumbfounded to discover that he had obtained the Corrupted Ashbringer 20 hours ago!!

Is this item still obtainable? If so, how? If not, how did this guy get the Corrupted Ashbringer 20 hours ago?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Str%C3%A4th/feed
Edited by Junnah on 7/22/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Original naxx is gone, so no its not obtainable anymore. He could of had it before and had it restored.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
He took it out of his Void Storage.

It shows up on your armory feed every time you do that.

:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
He took it out of his Void Storage.

It shows up on your armory feed every time you do that.

:)

To add to that, i believe you also have to equip that said item also.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Not sure how relevant it is but here's another thread about the Corrupted Ashbringer.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4903440689

Before you post make sure you read what follows this:

Browsing wow-armory I stumbled upon:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Riggnaros/advanced

As you can see (If they're still wearing it) they have their Troll butcherer transmogged into Corrupted Ashbringer. While most people may think this isn't anything out of the ordinary, it is. When WOTLK launched and maybe even a bit before (not sure on before) Naxx40 was removed and so was the ability to obtain this sword. DK's weren't introduced until WOTLK (obviously) so how did a DK obtain one?

Now this is where it starts to get really interesting...

If you take a closer look at Sträth's armory feed, you can clearly see that he did, in fact, obtain the Troll Butcherer on 7/15/2012 and - SURPRISE, SURPRISE - got it transmogged into the Corrupted Ashbringer.

I'm no rocket scientist but something seems fishy here.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
Transmog has undergone a lot of changes during its short life span.

There was a point in time, where someone could win an item in an instance, transmog it, and trade it to other "eligible" people in the party.

This can no longer be done.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
If that were true, please explain this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Jamesjames/simple

You can clearly see that this guy obtained a Troll Butcherer and transmogged it into the Corrupted Ashbringer 8 hours ago!!

Now he might, indeed, have the Corrupted Ashbringer in his bank but if that were true, why is he equipping a crappy dungeon blue (mogged into the Corrupted Ashbringer) instead of just wielding the real thing itself?

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that this guy is using the transmog exploit. It's also no surprise that the weapon in question is the Troll Butcherer.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
You can clearly see that this guy obtained a Troll Butcherer and transmogged it into the Corrupted Ashbringer 8 hours ago!!

No, actually, I can't see that.
I can see that a Troll Butcherer was obtained, and that's all.

Troll Butcherer is not unique, how can you tell if the one with the transmog is the exact same item as the one which shows in their activity feed?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
^

That's odd, mine shows him with that weapon transmogged into Corrupted Ashbringer. And his character profile on armory also shows a Corrupted Ashbringer. And I saw him in-game with same weapon - Troll Butcherer mogged into Corrupted Ashbringer.

But that's besides the point. To me, it really seems like the guy in question (Sträth) met a GM who was extremely clueless/lazy/generous/all-of-the-above, and just made up a sob story about losing his Corrupted Ashbringer 2 years ago. Without checking the logs if this was true or not - and that's even assuming WoW logs go that far back in time - said GM just generously "awarded" him with a Corrupted Ashbringer.

Unless this guy was a complete newb in TBC, I find it hard to imagine that he vendored/lost his Corrupted Ashbringer. And if he was a newb, what are the odds he'd find himself in Naxx 40 when current content was Kara/SSC/TK/BT/Sunwell?

Yet, that still doesn't explain WHY or HOW he got his hands on a Troll Butcherer that was transmogged into Corrupted Ashbringer last week, prior to getting his real Corrupted Ashbringer from a sweetheart GM.
Edited by Junnah on 7/23/2012 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Items are likely stored in such a way that if he were to transmog that same sword to something else, the one he received 11 hours ago (as of writing this) will show the new appearance - even if that's no transmogrification at all. After all, you yourself, Junnah, managed to acquire a heroic Altraxis on June 5 which "already had" a gem, a rune and a reforge; though it seems a waste you never gemmed those Brackenshell Shoulderplates even after enchanting them.

"Sweetheart" GMs would be risking their job - especially for something as obvious as the Corrupted Ashbringer. It counts as an abuse of their position which is something that really doesn't get looked highly upon. It's also one of the reasons no GM services a realm they actually play on (though I'm unsure whether the restriction is on the realms they can play on or the realms they can service).

When the transmogrify feature was announced, it was also announced that items were not going to be restored specifically for the purpose of using their appearance. He could have begged and pleaded with a GM and it would not have happened (or it would have been undone after the GM that made it happened was reprimanded and/or dismissed). The only way he would have that appearance would be if he actually had the weapon in question, which would mean having completed Naxxramas and acquired it before WotLK launched.

As for why he picked that particular sword - who knows? Maybe it was precisely to incite this kind of response. It's not the first time in the game's history that "facts" have been fabricated and I'm sure it's not the last. After all, Onyxia is using Deep Breath more - and Ragnaros can be viewed through the upside-down T behind Golemagg (after you grab the quest in there, of course).
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
07/23/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Junnah
That's odd, mine shows him with that weapon transmogged into Corrupted Ashbringer.

OK, I completely overlooked what you were saying.

..but yes, I see it now, it shows the item they recieved as already having the transmog being applied when it was obtained.

So.. either the transmog & trade issue hasn't been fixed, or something else is going on here.

It does seem a little odd that BOTH troll butcherers are shown as being obtained with the appearance already applied to them.

You should probably remove the links (as it's considered "calling out" another player)
The info will still remain for blues to see.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Saw a thread elsewhere detailing how the bug is done:

<details edited out>
Edited by Rankin on 7/23/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Two things I'd like to point out:

1) Does Blizzard's item restoration policy need to be looked at further? Why do some people - based on the decision of a GM - get their long lost items back, while many more are told that nothing can be done? This kind of "hope you get a GM on a good day" GM assistance seems to be ridiculous if you ask me. If he got his items restored, everyone else should also be given the same service. Item restorations should be based on what kind of sob story the poor guy can think of.

2) Dunno if he is confused or what not, but when I asked him in-game, he said he obtained the item in BC (Burning Crusade) but in the Bug Report forum he said he got it in Vanilla. Not that it matters, and the bigger question is the transmog on his Troll Butcherer BEFORE he had the Corrupted Ashbringer. Another poster pointed out that he could have used that exploited item as the proof for him having had the Corrupted Ashbringer back in Vanilla or TBC.

Something makes me believe this guy had used the transmog exploit on the Troll Butcherer since he's got that and it's transmogged into the Ashbringer. He probably said to a GM "hey look this prooves I had this once" or something because he's no longer wielding the Ashbringer and it's been removed from his feed so maybe a GM had it removed because it seemed too suspicious .. I dont even know but its wierd the feed is suddenly gone

Not long ago there was a thread on the official forums where some guy/girl had been hacked and the Corrupted Ashbringer was deleted however the person had screenshots of him/her with it and transmog on a PvP weapon and after a long fight it was finally restored so I guess its possible to get it restored nowadays if you get lucky with the GM or whine enough

And I think this shouldn't be the case. Either GM's should restore for everyone or no one at all. This "think of a good story to move the hearts of a GM" to get your lost items is ridiculous.

... what the Oo... the Ashbringer feed is gone and he's wearing another weapon now strange

Yeah, its really strange that his Corrupted Ashbringer armory feed disappeared. Maybe we're onto something? :)
Edited by Junnah on 7/23/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Some update here.. the guy in question's activity feed is showing that he got yet another Troll Butcherer! Only this time, its not mogged into a Corrupted Ashbringer. Oddly enough, he also got another Gurthalak which didn't get mogged as well. Both items have the same enchant as it did previously. The only thing missing is the Corrupted Ashbringer transmog.

His Corrupted Ashbringer armory feed/log has completely disappeared.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So just to clarify something for me, Junnah - you had a Rotting Skull, Brackenshell Shoulderplates, Treads of Crushed Flesh, Necrotic Boneplate Pauldrons and Ataraxis all restored within the last two (2) months?

Check your own activity feed, Junnah. Each of those items I mentioned is shown as being acquired with modifications that cannot be possible on an item which is freshly looted. Yet I greatly question whether you were able to have that many items restored and, more importantly, restored exactly as you destroyed them - down to the reforging.

Scroll down on Sträth's activity feed - the transmogrified Troll Butcherer is still there.

I'm not saying that he didn't have it restored. It's quite possible he did. I'm simply questioning that the timeframe isn't as extreme as you'd like to believe, and that there's quite a lot of things being said here which are simply to incite a response (which they've clearly done).
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm just trying to draw attention to the fact that a few GM's will restore long-lost vanilla items, while the majority of them will flatly say that such a thing is impossible to do.

Just yesterday, I put in a ticket saying I would like my original vanilla pvp items back. Guess what the GM said? He gave me the generic reply that items logs don't go that far back, that it was impossible to do, blah blah.

Should I have come up with a better pity story of how my GF/dog/infant/etc accidentally deleted the item? Would that give me better odds at getting my item back?

Because clearly some GM's do restore old items, while others don't. This might be a dead horse, but I think it needs a few more beatings.

That said, I also think something fishy is going on with this guy in question. His earlier post (the one before he decided to edit it) mentioned that he got his Troll Butcherer transmogged using the transmog exploit. I'm guessing he thought it would incriminate him. Plus, I think what another member posted - that he could have used his transmogged Troll Butcherer (which he obtained from an exploit) as proof that he did have the Corrupted Ashbringer back in the day - has some legs to it.

Either way, I really hope some inquisitive GM and/or Blizzard employee looks into this matter.

That said, I did some little testing of my own and discovered that putting an item (that was recently obtained) into the Void Storage does indeed get rid of the item armory feed. So that could explain why his Corrupted Ashbringer feed disappeared. Or a GM intervened... Who knows.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
So just to clarify something for me, Junnah - you had a Rotting Skull, Brackenshell Shoulderplates, Treads of Crushed Flesh, Necrotic Boneplate Pauldrons and Ataraxis all restored within the last two (2) months?

Check your own activity feed, Junnah. Each of those items I mentioned is shown as being acquired with modifications that cannot be possible on an item which is freshly looted. Yet I greatly question whether you were able to have that many items restored and, more importantly, restored exactly as you destroyed them - down to the reforging.

Scroll down on Sträth's activity feed - the transmogrified Troll Butcherer is still there.

I'm not saying that he didn't have it restored. It's quite possible he did. I'm simply questioning that the timeframe isn't as extreme as you'd like to believe, and that there's quite a lot of things being said here which are simply to incite a response (which they've clearly done).

Might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

you had a Rotting Skull, Brackenshell Shoulderplates, Treads of Crushed Flesh, Necrotic Boneplate Pauldrons and Ataraxis all restored within the last two (2) months?

These are items obtainable in-game. When did I say I had them restored. His item on the otherhand - the Corrupted Ashbringer - is no longer obtainable. The guy in question even came on these very boards and said he got it restored by a GM.

I don't think you understand what's going on here. All items that appear on your armory feed are updated with the latest enchants/transmog/reforge. This is fairly common knowledge to everyone here, except you apparently. I'm not stating that his Troll Butcherer was bugged and somehow mogged into a Corrupted Ashbringer when he obtained it. It's clear (and he did admit to this in his first forum post, which he later editted out) that he used a transmog exploit on it. I'm pointing out something completely different.

1) He used a transmog exploit on his Troll Butcherer. That much is very clear. Another forum member also pointed out that he could have deceived/tricked a GM into believing his story that he did have a Corrupted Ashbringer at one point in the past because of the transmog on SAID TROLL BUTCHERER - which was obtained using a transmog exploit.

2) The policy on item restoration needs to be looked at if a select few people can actually get their long-lost items back by coming up with a good sob story while the majority of folks are out-of-luck due to most GM's generic shtick that item logs can't go that far back and as such can't be restored.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And, has already been established, you have no idea when the item was lost to him - whether it was lost 5 years ago or 5 days ago. If it were the latter than there's precisely no reason why it shouldn't be able to be restored.

Only Sträth and the GM(s) he dealt with know all the details. You're just guessing. And with how you worded the bulk of your complaints it appeared that your issue was taken with looting an item that was already transmogrified and that it happened to be a particular WotLK item.

If he had it restored, good on him. If a GM restored it outside of the acceptable restoration window than they'll probably not be a GM for much longer - that's something for their supervisor to look into. If he had it restored a long while back and pulled it out of Void Storage (which, according to an earlier poster, will trigger a listing on the armoury feed) than you're basically pulling at straws since you cannot use something in Void Storage for the purposes of Transmogrification. He would have had to have removed it from storage, generating the entry, before being able to use its appearance on another weapon which happened to be the "crappy" 2H Sword he obtained later since his primary weapon is a 2H axe.

So, really, what is your complaint about? That he had it restored at a date you don't know after it was lost on another date you don't know, that there was an entry in his armoury feed which could have been from removing the item from Void Storage, that he used its appearance to transmogrify another item which had to be of the right type to take the appearance, or that he actually has one and you don't?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]