(A) AHBOTTING Imis and Tangerin

17 Orc Warrior
You guys dont have enouph of those 2 guys from guildless Noobs Imis and Tangerin ,, they are staying in shattrath City all day long AHbotting and undercutting everyting you could sell to the AH under 10 minut ,,, its more then time to do somthing about it dont you think ???
Edited by Alînya on 7/22/2012 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
was that English
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Tragic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
what
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I ran into this tonight/today. There's probably a modified AH addon with some kind of hack or unlocker so it bypasses any alarms by Blizzard. They also magically teleport sometimes too with no mages around. It occurs too fast for hearthstones either. If you do get close the mage named Mie will logon and portal them so it looks legit. The only way (I suspect temporarily at that) to get them banned is numerous tickets and a GM catching them in the act of teleporting or being online 24/7 which they almost are.

As for me I think I'm going to start posting (soon) complete sets of glyphs on the neutral AH for anywhere from 30-50 gold at the high end. They won't be porting to the neutral AH easily and being pvp flagged out there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Imer and Tangerin aren't botting.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
The fact that they won't stay and let you watch them post/go to the mailbox tells me there is something shaky with them. They don't want you watching for a reason.

Every other AH player you can watch and see how long it takes to cancel/repost or for them to undercut out of their bags. It takes a while regardless what AH suite of addons they're using. Nobody can do it this fast without bypassing the time limits of the "getall" scanning function of the AH which is where the unlocker would come into play or without bypassing the single click single action requirement set forth by Blizzard.

Neither of these actions I fear (using a modified addon with an unlocker and a macroable single click multiple action) would be detected by Blizzard automatically. They'll only be detected by GM's putting time in watching them hence the tickets being created by players.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Why bot when you can use the Remote Auction House? Its easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can the Remote Auction House scan the neutral AH looking for deals every second? I researched this and what they're doing is using a modified version of Auctioneer.

Here's a quote from the website where I found out what they're doing:
"This version of auctioneer will give you a modified search speed of 1 second, which cant be done without lua editing".

The website gives directions step by step how to do it. I talked to the GM's and shared the information and file links with them so maybe they'll find a way to detect it. It even has an anti-AFK so you can be online 24/7 working the Auction House.
Edited by Yvertiand on 7/31/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
07/30/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Yvertiand
Can the Remote Auction House scan the neutral AH looking for deals every second?
Yes, and if you're selling armor for xmog, it can ignore "of the x" extensions. You can also ignore bids and do a category wide search to see buyouts.

07/30/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Yvertiand
It even has an anti-AFK so you can be online 24/7 working the Auction House.
He's not on 24/7 because I've added them to my friend's list so I know when to relist items. <--- which is why you should regularly change your bank toon to a new one.

Edit: Didn't want to make 2 posts.
Edited by Jessani on 8/4/2012 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
ill ban them for you
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think one account in particular did get banned (neither of these two) and fear has changed the habits of several accounts that had highly suspicious auction house activities.

Other toons have picked up the habits, but right now these two have realistic AH response times from what time I have spent in game lately.

The neutral AH sniping will be the next highly suspicious thing. Scanning and sniping within milliseconds response time is very suspect, but is occurring across several toons.

If people put things on it at 1 copper buyout that are worth some gold (probably needs to be 25+) and if you click to post and instantly it says a buyer has been found just make a GM ticket. They'll check the time and if it's not realistic they'll action the account.

I spent quite a few minutes talking to a GM. "Neutral AH sniping" is a grey area, but they're aware of several mods/hacks/unlockers from a particular website that can do everything that this thread has talked about and even teleport to/from the mailbox to make it faster. If the cancel/repost or buyout on the neutral AH is inhumanly too fast they will action the account. He wouldn't say if Blizzard has any internal way to catch them, but he said to keep making tickets for any suspicious activity or as he put it "lightning fast" activities.
Edited by Yvertiand on 8/6/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]