Drick's Goodbye and Thoughts

90 Goblin Rogue
This post have been marinating in my head for quite awhile now (See earlier post). I have come to the conclusion upon my account expiring in February of 2013 I will no longer renew my subscription of World of Warcraft. I am not going to buy Mists of Pandaria or any other Blizzard product indefinitely. Due to my experiences of World of Warcraft:Cataclysm Patch 4.3 and Diablow 3, I feel Blizzard can no longer provide me with a media that holds my interest and entertain me. In fact, I am stating now, that ALL Blizzard games and expansions are no longer on my "Instantly Buy the Collector's Edition of" list, but instead is moved to my "Avoid Until Proven" list.

Things Blizzard Can Improve To Get Me Back:
    Amount of Content
    Consistency
    Exclusivity
    Profession Imbalances and Specializations
    EPIC Items (Notice the Caps)
    More/Friendlier communication when it comes to suggestions

Amount of Content
We got 3 tiers of content with Cataclysm and a ~10 hour story with Diablo 3. I understand D3 is a "Loot Grind" but still, the storyline is a bit lacking (probably for maximum number of expansions), and the ratio of "usable" loot vs. the time to acquire it is just absurd.

In Cataclysm we had two raids upon launch (which was awesome), but then we had to wait SIX months for Firelands. After which we had to wait another FIVE months farming (Taragosa's Wrath) until the easily and near instantly cleared Dragon Soul came out. EIGHT months later still no release of the next content patch in sight.

Consistency
With every patch there is some change that almost every class has to get used to for the sake of "balance". I've always found this odd, because classes ideally should only need to be balanced once per new ability/skill set (expansion). However almost every single patch, abilities, attack speeds and spells have to be "balanced". I feel in WoW balance is the way for Blizzard to push the "Flavor of the Month" style of gameplay.

Characters should not need to be balanced. Items should.

Seemingly, the same is happening in Diablo with each patch. Full Jars, Empty Jars, Full Chests, Half-Empty Chests, Number of games, No Number of games, Number of games, Increased Attack Speed, Half-Increased Attack Speed, Movement Speed Increase, Significantly Less Movement Speed (So on and so forth).
Even though the beta scene is some sort of exclusive club(that we have to be lucky enough to get picked for), we end up playing the most dysfunctional-rubber banding non-beta out there. Maybe Blizzard could start calling each game release Gamma. That way we know what we're getting into. Before anyone starts spewing about how, "you're making the game better." I don't recall ever having these problems in any console game. Perhaps that's because they test the games thoroughly with the knowledge they can't go back and patch them.

How's D3 on the PS3 coming along?

Exclusivity

I remember looking at people with Champion of the Naru, High Warlord titles, Plagued Proto Drakes, and thinking to myself "Wow, those people really did something!" Now I see Ironbound Proto Drakes and think "Hey, I should go get that. Meh. Maybe later." I personally believe that when a new tier of content comes out you shouldn't be able to go back and get last tier's exclusive rewards (especially with the amount of time content is out now). I'm not impressed by anyone riding a seahorse in Orgrimmar because you can just buy it off the AH.
Things used to be impressive and motivating, now it can be put off until later and not that impressive at all.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Profession Imbalances and Specializations

I used to love having to choose my perks when it came to max/min'ing a character. My rogue was a goblin engineer, for the exclusive use of rocket boots, nets, goggles (with heightened stealth detection) and explosives in pvp. I was also a jewelcrafter to make a shadowsong panther to pop in stealth to ambush someone AFTER I DROPPED JEWELCRAFTING. It cost me a lot of gold, but it was also an awesome advantage to have in PvP. I worked for it, I earned it, why is it unfair for me to have this time consuming advantage in PvP? I have maxed professions in D3. What does that get me? nothing. What does maxed professions (because everyone else has to have them, 80 Agi, or Str, etc.) in WoW get you? nothing. There is no longer an advantage to maxing professions. Plain and simple.

EPIC items

There is no feeling of EPIC attached to items anymore. Anyone can get any item they want because it's either on the auction house or you can get it from the "top guild" for a price. There are no more BoP great maces for blacksmiths anymore. There are no more world drop legendaries. While annoying, that was an awesome feeling when a Thunderfury Wind or a Warglaive would drop. The same in D3 I absolutely dread when a legendary drops, because I know in all likelihood it's going to be garbage or worse a Fiery Brimstone (or even worse 3 encrusted hooves). The items being introduced now have a 100% chance to be attained. There is no chance or luck of the draw that gave you that "omg" moment then, now. Those were the moments most players lived for. Diablo 3 does give you an "omg" moment once every two to three hundred hours played. I'll give it that, but there is a lot of disappointment in between, and THAT is demoralizing.

More/Friendlier communication when it comes to suggestions

Just what the title says. The feedback we give to the community and the feedback we receive is most of the time negative, off topic, or worse seemingly falling on deaf ears. I understand that feedback is given 108239734098 times a day and 99% of it is mindless drivel. But that 1% should be rewarded. Just a "Hey we read your suggestion, and we've passed it on" post every now and then would be a huge morale boost for the community. Instead we usually see the form of feedback as someone light-heartedly posting about ponies or cats (Thank You, Bluetracker). While comedic relief is great, acknowledgement is good too. Most people with suggestions are trying to help you help us enjoy your labors and hard work. As for other posts, some men just want to watch the world burn.

With this I bid you all heartfelt ado, I have enjoyed playing these games for years with many of you.

Until Next Time,
Drickwatch 2013

TL:DR Version-I'm quitting, Goodbye.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Drick,

I read portions of your post and feel the need to respond.

WoW is currently and has been the best online game since it existance. I feel you focus to much on things that dont matter and not enough on the things that do. I think its more you dont like MMOs then WoW itself beign dissapointing.

Yes I agree there should be more content quicker but honestly just turn off your account for the 2 months when your waiting for new content

15 bucks a month for a game you can play 40 hours a month is a decent value proposition. If your playing any computer games come mists launch im sure you will be playing wow.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
OH ya on D3. Its free and gives easy 40 hours of game play If they charged a monthly sub I would expect more but since im +200 bucks on it seems like a pretty good value proposition.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Tomax TL:DR - "Value proposition"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Drickzilla1825 if anyone is interested in my battletag. No promises on amount of communication though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Also, Abyss Maw. I want to do 5 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
1.1m subs lost.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Whatever happened to 8 piece armor sets?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I want to be able to select my log in screen....Vanilla was da bes.
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Warrior
DRICK WATCH 2011
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
you sir are a liar... and you bought mists... ill add your battletag tho
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I uninstalled this morning.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hey and you're back already. How was your short vacation?
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
Don't leave Drick.......i'll miss you!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
DRICK WATCH 2013
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
:O
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
11/06/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Unmatched
Don't leave Drick.......i'll miss you!

I AM UNMATCHED AND YOU ARE NOT!

11/06/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Shutupnerd
DRICK WATCH 2013

PANDAWATCH.

01/02/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Patient
:O

:3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]