Anybody else been playing The Secret World?

90 Orc Warrior
A friend of mine recently got me into it, and after an initial learning curve of three or four hours, I'm quite enjoying it. I'm wondering if any other Ravenholdters are playing, and what they think of it.
Reply Quote
45 Dwarf Warlock
What is it even about?

I went to the website and it had zero information about what the game was evens supposed to be about.

Granted this was a month ago.

Hell even the Wikipedia article had minimal information on it.
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Grimlöch
What is it even about?

It's a secret.
Reply Quote
45 Dwarf Warlock
07/20/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Ezul
What is it even about?

It's a secret.

http://rachellereed.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/walrus.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
07/20/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Grimlöch
What is it even about?

It's an MMO set in the modern world. You're part of one of three secret societies, struggling to either control or protect the world. I've only just started playing, but it's got a very creepy vibe, very Lovecraftian.

I've spent most of my time fighting zombies, creepy monsters from the depths, and giant things I can't even describe.

There are no levels and no character classes. You pick the combination of weapons and magic that you want to use, and buy abilities as you go. You then combine the abilities.

I won't sing its praises too loudly, as there are a lot of issues (as with any new MMO), but it's a refreshing change of pace. They're taken a lot of the stuff I really dislike about wow and fixed it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I thought about it, but they're still running ads for you to preorder the game when it's already out. I don't trust any game that has that terrible of PR management.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]