CAN IT BE DONE?

85 Goblin Rogue
Sub ends August 12th. 49,XXX HKs at the time of renewal. Recently got my 50,000 HK ach.

Think I can up the ante and get 100k by the end of my sub?
I'LL TRY. PLACE BETS ITT.
Reply Quote
No !@#$ing way
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Pulled an all nighter tonight.

Not sleeping 'til 51.7.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Nope.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Edit: The next day.
53.3k.
Edited by Orxon on 7/21/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
doing premade 40 man AV teams forcing turtles, how could you not?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I'd hardly call 15-20 minute games "Turtles"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Do you use an overly defensive posture with little offense in order to force a confrontation and then whittle down their "reinforcements" till victory?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
.... no.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Well if you're blitzing you're not gonna get it.

If you're doing premade AV and not blitzing and not turtling then what are you doing?

But, GL, I do hope you get it.
Edited by Kuh on 7/21/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
There are more ways than just blitz and turtle.

We're running Rathimus' strategy.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427534104
Edited by Orxon on 7/21/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Wow, that's absurd. You're running a premade 40 man AV? Get 3 tanks, 10 heals, rest DPS, run north and zerg the boss down.

You're actually pretending there's a challenge with a 40 man premade versus a pug group?

Premade vs. Premade yea, go full out navy seals up in there, but otherwise just get it done.

EDIT:

He doesn't explain any strat, just how to join the group. Then he said he forces PvP for 45 min... so you turtle?
Edited by Kuh on 7/21/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Look harder, then. Rath =/= turtle or zerg.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Section A - What is "Rath Strat AV"?
--------------------------------------------

Rath Strat AV's are designed to not only guarantee you win nearly every game of AV, but to also deny the Alliance any real honor for their time spent. This strategy will shut down any "Zerg" strategy deployed against the Horde by forcing them to PVP, and in the end award a large number of Honorable Kills and Honor Points (Conquest Points on AV Holiday Weekends) without it feeling like a grind.

If you miss PVP'ing in a PVP BG such as AV and you tire of the PVE experience it has been degraded to, you will enjoy the Epic experience that these games will provide not only through large scale battles and combat (as intended for AV), but through teamwork, coordination, a positive and friendly environment, and player recognition for heroic deeds and personal achievements.

Games typically run for 30-45 minutes with some exceptions being made for premades. (If I am running the premade and I realize we are facing another premade, I will personally drag the game out as long as humanly possible to punish the other team. Games such as these can take between 1 hour 15 minutes to 3 hours, awarding Horde 500-700 HK's)

A word of warning. Once you experience these premades, you won't ever look at Alterac Valley the same again.

Where is the strat? Why are you jerking people around for 30-45 minutes instead of just getting the win?

If you're running a premade 40man group and not winning via a blitz, but taking 30-45 minutes to farm HK's, how are you not turtling? You may not be holding the fort at IB choke but you've just spread out across different chokes to farm at different locations.

You talk as if it's some mystical nirvana like experience that can't be understood by a layman. It's a game of pixels.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
GL, trying to get 250k myself before 5.0 drops.

Very time consuming though. ;(
Edited by Lawlbringer on 7/24/2012 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Been slackin' off the last two days. Have had zero drive.

Yay RL issues.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
YOU GET IN THERE AND KILL THOSE GNOMES

things are worse than tribbles
Reply Quote
What the hell is this AV start?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]