Happy grin day!

100 Blood Elf Hunter
That is right fellow Veco players. On this day, 6 years ago on july 21 2006 (technically 22 but hey! who give a crap), Gorfrunch Smashblade had an Idea to continue Rend BlackHand's Black Tooth Grin Clan back into the world of warcraft after the lore said it got disbanded. The server was barely 2 weeks old and many people thought this was a silly idea. Nevertheless, with lots of help from his friends and the newly recruits, the <Blacktooth Grin> survived the years to this day and Gorfrunch was immortalized to this day!

Even though i personally only been in the grins for merely 3 years (ish), the grin has seen it all, my friends. Alliance having the majority of pvpers, then the horde did and then that cyrcle repeated itself. We were under geared and only experienced wipes over and over again. Age of conan, city of villain, Champions online, leagues of Legends, The old republic, guild wars 2 and other MMO games release all tried to take away our guild members from WoW. Drama between our officers and our allied guilds almost tore this guild apart. The introduction of the blood elves made us question if the grin needed to stay an orcish clan and the sudden game changing mechanics made many of us rage quit the game for good. Even after the main guild members of our Dreadhorde alliance guild left to other servers, each one of us sat down by ourselves and thought if all of this was worth it. Do we need to continue gorfrunch's idea?

But allow me to paraphrase Maya angelou's greatest poem "Still i rise" (and giving it the orcish touch):
We are a green ocean, leaping and wide welling and swelling we bear in the tide. Leaving behind nights of terror and fear we rise... Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear, We rise! Bringing the gifts that our ancestors gave, we are the dream and the hope of the slave.
We rise... we rise... WE RISE!

For just like one of our earliest guild member once said,
“In the end, all we have is stories . . . The Grin made legends.” -- Kasoon

We, the Blacktooth Grin, made our home here, and we are here to stay.
*raises his drink* Happy grin day and here to many more years of Combat, Role play, cooperation and most importantly fun!

FEAR THE GRIN!
Edited by Rôdeurdesboi on 7/21/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Veco*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
07/21/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Zerò
Veco*

There i edited...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30GD25un0XQ
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Happy 6 years Grin!

Easily one of the best groups of people I've ever met in my years playing this game. Keep doing what you're doing. ;)

-Thandok
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/21/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Rôdeurdesboi
Veco*

There i edited...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30GD25un0XQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oq4bpJaLwA
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Hey boi Pip and I had a great time with you and your friends but was disapointed you guys took rez sickness :( its okay im sure we will be killing you more have a good one
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
If you are sorry we had rez sickness... then stop challenging us on cliffs far from the GY! RWAR!

*ahem* I mean... glad you had a great time Ceddy. Even though the rest of the grin hate the way you grief during fites... *looks around to make sure no other grinners are here* ...I'm kinda glad you do bring a decent challenge at the battlescar! /cheer

But aye! Stop with the spitting then you'll have our respects!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
A happy birthday to the Grin, and many more. In honor of said day of celebration, free teeth smashing for all the new grots.

Warning: must supply own leg of chair or stool for aforementioned free teeth-smashing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Props on the anniversary. Always great to see long-standing guilds continue to thrive.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've always considered the Grin excellent competitors and honorable folk to boot. Guilds don't survive and thrive for so long unless there is something special to them; congratulations on your anniversary!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
It is an honor to be associated with such a great group of people.

FEAR THE GRIN!!
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Congrats Grinners! You've certainly made the years fun. Here's to many more. /grin.... nom. <3
Reply Quote
Congratz to the Grin on there 6 year anniversary.

Oh the times we have shared and the blood we have spilled together all those years,,,,,

/Salute

-Psycho
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
A hardy salute to our closest friends. Thanks for sticking with Veco when so many others did not.

FOR THE HORDE!
FOR THE HERD!
FEAR THE GRIN!
Edited by Aovi on 7/23/2012 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wanted to wish the Blacktooth Grin a sweet, sweet belated happy anniversary. Araane misses them dearly, the surrogate horde guilds she stalks relentlessly just don't feel quite the same. Araane will always have the fondest memories of honorable and fulfilling battle, thanks to them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
*picks his dog up by his fat belly*
Babe misses you Araane...

*rubs his behind*
Though i certainly don't miss your late night butt biting... Wait that came out wrong...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/26/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Rôdeurdesboi
Though i certainly don't miss your late night butt biting... Wait that came out wrong...

Sounds to me like it came out exactly the way you wanted it too!

Grats to the Grin.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
/spit
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Mage
Somebody's got a case of the umadbros
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/28/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Qiz
Somebody's got a case of the umadbros

^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]