AH bots!!!! - Any Punishment?

85 Troll Druid
High prices are good if you happen to be selling, and bad if you happen to be buying. There are no monopolies in WoW. Nothing can prevent you from listing your items on the AH.

Would you like to long onto my server and see how bad it is? One of the bots controls the Gem market and i think that is what a monopoly is??
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
You have to write a very detailed ticket. Say the bots name, server, and what time you witnessed him botting. You must also make sure to tell trade chat, you guild and any real id friends about this bot and ask for people to help you report this bot.

I am in the process of "frapsing" the bot and uploading to youtube
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
07/20/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Candifloss
Yes i clicked trade and the "bot" just walked off and started posting all they had to do was click trade to be 100k richer
Well, if he walked off and started posting that he could have clicked trade and become 100k richer, why would you think it was a bot? Bots generally don't brag about idiots that just walk up and offer them 100k gold.

Also, as I said, maybe he didn't accept it because he knew something was obviously wrong if someone was trying to give him 100k gold for nothing.

I'm just trying to say that what you did clearly didn't prove that the guy was botting. For godsakes, I could turn around and say that you must be botting if you have 100k gold. The most I've ever had is around 40k.
Edited by Sinatra on 7/20/2012 4:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/20/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Candifloss
High prices are good if you happen to be selling, and bad if you happen to be buying. There are no monopolies in WoW. Nothing can prevent you from listing your items on the AH.

Would you like to long onto my server and see how bad it is? One of the bots controls the Gem market and i think that is what a monopoly is??

I always buy the railroads.I know it's a big mistake but dag nab it i buy them everytime and regret it later.Just can't resist the trains.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
07/20/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Candifloss

so tell me... what would happen if you posted a gem on the AH?
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Candifloss
now why have these 2 individuals not been visited by the ban hammer??
Several reasons.
1) Have they been reported?
2) Blizz is conducting their investigation.
3) Blizz is studing them to see how they are exploiting the system so it can be fixed.
4) They were found to not actually be breaking the rules.

For the record OP, I would not accept 100k in a trade window either if I was not expecting it. It is not enough gold to hassle over if it was a mistake and the person wants it back.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
07/20/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Janimara

I always buy the railroads.I know it's a big mistake but dag nab it i buy them everytime and regret it later.Just can't resist the trains.
boardwalk my friend...boardwalk
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Well, if he walked off and started posting that he could have clicked trade and become 100k richer, why would you think it was a bot? Bots generally don't brag about idiots that just walk up and offer them 100k gold.

Also, as I said, maybe he didn't accept it because he knew something was obviously wrong if someone was trying to give him 100k gold for nothing.

I'm just trying to say that what you didn't clearly didn't prove that the guy was botting. For godsakes, I could turn around and say that you must be botting if you have 100k gold. The most I've ever had is around 40k

Log onto my server and watch one of them they sit in VoH, and as for you thinking I am a bot because i have more then 100k gold in wow i look at you with pity and i suggest you should look over a gold making guide /sigh..
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Several reasons.
3) Blizz is studing them to see how they are exploiting the system so it can be fixed.

i opened a ticket and this thread at the same time
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

boardwalk my friend...boardwalk

In hindsight you're right..you're always right..
Reply Quote
Several reasons.

i opened a ticket and this thread at the same time

Well, an investigation might very well take more than 7 hours....especially in the middle of the night ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

I'm just trying to say that what you didn't clearly didn't prove that the guy was botting. For godsakes, I could turn around and say that you must be botting if you have 100k gold. The most I've ever had is around 40k

Log onto my server and watch one of them they sit in VoH, and as for you thinking I am a bot because i have more then 100k gold in wow i look at you with pity and i suggest you should look over a gold making guide /sigh..
That was my point!

Maybe this guy sits in front of his computer all day and plays the AH, and looks at you and sighs. His view of playing the AH is different than your view. You don't play it as hard as he does, so you think he's a bot.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
07/20/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Solaru
Well, an investigation might very well take more than 7 hours....especially in the middle of the night ;)

I hope this gets resolved asap :(
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
07/20/2012 04:41 AMPosted by Candifloss

The guy who plays that toon is probably like "some bot just tried to give me 100k gold". Really. I have only ever had bots try to trade me for something that I did not make.

The guy you reported may just play the ah really really well. I have alts on some accounts with over 10k auctions posted because I often times post in stacks of 1 to flood ah and get more profit. When someone undercuts me, my addons tell me so. I also check my stuff quite often and will buyout people undercutting me then repost.

So maybe this guy is not botting? Just a sad panda that got reported for no reason.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
07/20/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Qle

The guy who plays that toon is probably like "some bot just tried to give me 100k gold". Really. I have only ever had bots try to trade me for something that I did not make.

The guy you reported may just play the ah really really well. I have alts on some accounts with over 10k auctions posted because I often times post in stacks of 1 to flood ah and get more profit. When someone undercuts me, my addons tell me so. I also check my stuff quite often and will buyout people undercutting me then repost.

So maybe this guy is not botting? Just a sad panda that got reported for no reason.

Mind sharing with me the addon that reports when someone undercuts you? :P
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 04:41 AMPosted by Candifloss

Me too but do not be shocked if the people are not banned right away. Blizz would rather break the bot so it stops people from using it on all realms.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/19/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Candifloss
I found one i opened trade with 100k to see if they would accept it they didnt click trade, now if someone opens trade with you and puts 100k and clicks the trade button and you dont accept surely you aren't physically at your computer...

I only hit trade if the other person does 1st... doesn't mean anything... logic dictates your not gonna trade it anyways
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

Mind sharing with me the program that buys and sells things on the AH (aka bot program) for you?
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid

Mind sharing with me the program that buys and sells things on the AH (aka bot program) for you?

Um I don't bot but I do play the AH a little.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]