Sentinels: A RPing Realm?

90 Blood Elf Priest
We are at a pathetic lack of actual Role Players. I don't spend much time in Orgrimmar, but, when I'm there I feel like I'm back on Runetotem (a normal realm i used to play on) The 85's stand around and do nothing and the lower levels don't talk. Lets be Role Players! Build our characters! Make a name for ourselves! WE ARE SENTINELS!!! OUR REALM IS PATHETIC!!! WE ARE ALL PATHETIC TOGETHER!!! Stop being that realm that people don't play on because it doesn't actually Role Play! Lets fix Sentinels! Role Play!!! FOR THE HORDE!!! (I guess you Allies can role play too lol)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You ain't the boss of me! My mama said I can do what I want.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/23/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Prodon

Your mama has revoked that privilege. You now must do whatever Bite says. [citation needed]
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I don't spend much time in Orgrimmar, but when I do I drink Dos Garrosh! I am the most interesting Gnome in Azeroth. Stay blood thirsty my friends.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
07/24/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Ikinai
I don't spend much time in Orgrimmar, but when I do I drink Dos Garrosh! I am the most interesting Gnome in Azeroth. Stay blood thirsty my friends.

I am Kamshaft, and I approve this message
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/24/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Silversol

Your mama has revoked that privilege. You now must do whatever Bite says. [citation needed]
That cow ruins everything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
If I ever see anyone from my guild it gives me a shock first of all. I have been in the guild for about a year and never heard anyone RP. One of my old guilds Militis Noctus used to have some role play but never too much and it could never sustain very long. I basically like the RP server(s) because you can do what you want and no one bothers you . Also not having to PVP makes me very happy.
Edited by Sarahgadi on 7/25/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Moo
Edited by Bite on 8/3/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
pls no
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/25/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Bite
That cow ruins everything.
I was given direct orders by Ironskull to never do or create anything of merit or value.

Also Prodon now must end every sentence in "...and I cannot lie."
What is this, I don't even............ and I cannot lie....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There's Horde roleplay in Dalaran every now and then. Not as often as it used to be, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/26/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Destructicus
There's Horde roleplay in Dalaran every now and then. Not as often as it used to be, sadly.

Thats weird. I am currently leveling a toon, an everytime he passes through Dalaran, I see tons an tons of Elves....Nevermind
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/26/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Destructicus

That'd be us, trying to RP on an RP server, alllll four of us, seems like. We get a couple others, here and there. But meh.. Can't be there all day long, and there's other stuff to do in the game. Dalaran seemed to be the perfect city to host a hub for people. It's convenient in the sense that you can still get to Org quickly if you need too. Just have someone port you, or summon you there and set your hearthstone.

I know there's others out there, because they're in the Horde OOC channel. Just need to come out and meet each other when you find you have the time.

Thats weird. I am currently leveling a toon, an everytime he passes through Dalaran, I see tons an tons of Elves....Nevermind

Lol..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
PS, Smc was a stupid idea for an rp hub.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
08/12/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Fröja
set your hearthstone.

The Dalaran Teleport Ring is some of the best money I ever spent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
PS, Smc was a stupid idea.

fix'd - Some of us got burned out on the 1/2 cat, 1/2 vampire, 1/2 rutabaga brothers of Arthas who had exceptional skills at computerized underwater basket weaving. SMC killed the RP star.

I sometimes think that too many people expect RP to be done on a large scale, involving 30 people making a spectacle of themselves. There is actually a lot of RP going on here, it's just that it's not all organized or "formal", if you will. Part of what kills many peoples' desire to RP is that too many people place their expectations of what RP should be on others.

07/25/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Sarahgadi
I basically like the RP server(s) because you can do what you want and no one bothers you .

This. Some of us find that the best RP is done casually. We all have our own definition of what makes RP fun. I have nothing against people trying to inspire RP at all, sometimes starting RP by making a simple statement to someone standing at the mailbox is the best way to get the ball rolling.

Please don't call us pathetic, there are some fine RPers on this server. Starting RP is a much better way to inspire it than complaining that it doesn't exist. People sometimes post events, this is a good idea. People sometimes put requests in the forums for a specific type of RP partner they're seeking, this is also a good idea. Maybe another plan would be a "go ahead and speak to me" type of thread for those who want to RP, to let others know they're interested in meeting other RPers in game. There is also the old method that we don't see much anymore of people posting their RP stories on the forums. Whatever happened to Gerd?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree, I have more fun with Random RP thenanyting else. I have started long Events by just making a comment in the bank.

I think Gerd,is on WrA i think, maybe thats someone else I am thinkin of
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/13/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Todar
I agree, I have more fun with Random RP thenanyting else.

I'm another one who agrees with this.

My personal concept of RP doesn't require an RP realm. It is very simply "who is my character?" I don't have to talk to other players for my character to be whomever he or she is. It underlies what race I pick, what class, what appearance, and what name - and flows into where I quest with them and even into what spec / talents they prefer on occasion (such as Blue never being anything but Holy or Holy+Disc).

When I do extend that into RP with other players, I prefer random conversations along the lines of what would go on between individuals who gradually get to know each other when they just happen to run into each other. Taking it further to where little details can be dropped and add up to better understanding, asking questions and pulling threads on the other person's character - that's where I have the most fun.

There can be fun with a more organized / planned story, but my experience is that someone has to put in a lot of work and creativity. That's seriously draining on the person or persons who get into that position. It's even more draining when the "players" in the story randomly disappear or OOC drama crops up or someone's ego demands the story bend to their will. It's a thankless job many times.

08/12/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Kweh
There is also the old method that we don't see much anymore of people posting their RP stories on the forums.

I've seriously been trying to get myself to a point where I can think with RP stories for some of my characters. In fact, that was what prompted my lore question thread. In Northrend I at least had some vague idea of how my characters would feel about things, where they would act. In Cataclysm ... I lost that somehow. I quested just to level or acquire things. I went back and redid zones and felt incredibly scripted by the game and none at all by my characters.

I may just have to set myself a challenge to think and write in character. ( O_o Went to look at wowfiction for some ideas ... and it seems to be dead in the water. Worse, it seems to try to redirect in a way my browser blocked.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I have an unfinished story involving Bethwarrior that I can share if anyone is interested? Comments may get me motivated to finish it.

Also another story that is set in WOW.

Both are online in google docs.
Edited by Sarahgadi on 8/13/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
We choose to RP. We choose to RP on this server and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]