Sentinels: A RPing Realm?

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/13/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Sarahgadi
I have an unfinished story involving Bethwarrior that I can share if anyone is interested? Comments may get me motivated to finish it.

I feel guilty since I'm failing so hard at writing myself. Do your stories try to keep up with the WOW expacs (such as the effects of the Cataclysm?)
Reply Quote
Well Alliance side there are plenty of places to go where Rpers gather. Scarlet Raven Tavern in Darkshire (Duskwood) for example very often has a large compliment of people gathering there.

Horde on the other hand i have a hard time finding a gathering but i still find it if i look hard enough.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
This dwarf approves of this thread.

<------approving look
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I feel guilty since I'm failing so hard at writing myself. Do your stories try to keep up with the WOW expacs (such as the effects of the Cataclysm?)

sorry I fell off the planet for a bit and did not see you had replied to this. I will contact you in game on your battletag and send you the link to the stories. To answer your question - no I just wrote some ideas I had for stories into a WOW setting. One is serious and the other, well you can decide (the second one is not finished).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/17/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Sarahgadi

sorry I fell off the planet for a bit and did not see you had replied to this. I will contact you in game on your battletag and send you the link to the stories. To answer your question - no I just wrote some ideas I had for stories into a WOW setting. One is serious and the other, well you can decide (the second one is not finished).

I usually don't have stories for my Toons. I come up with these awesome stories for my Characters. But when it comes time to put them onto Paper(Or Word) they don't seem to come out right. So I just play it by ear

An I wanna see these stories
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
BUMP for RPers. D:

There has got to be a tarot-neutral-esque Rper somewhere on Sentinels I can hubbub with!
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/18/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Zamzooble
tarot-neutral-esque

I'm not even quite sure how to interpret that.

Love the name, by the way - nice play on bamboozle.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Here is a Google doc of the first one I wrote.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4dM_FTAkeKn4mVsgoXf22cO16DIGpWXYjcPDWfEC38/edit
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/18/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Sarahgadi
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4dM_FTAkeKn4mVsgoXf22cO16DIGpWXYjcPDWfEC38/edit

I'll try to get a chance to read some of it tonight. Work beckons now and tonight's my weight work, so it'll be late before I settle in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Thank you. I would appreciate feed back. :-) I will post the link(s) to the unfinished one(s) later.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Being a guy that actually has a hard time reading... I am going to say it needs more pictures. :/

-has not read it-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
09/18/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Prodon
Being a guy that actually has a hard time reading... I am going to say it needs more pictures. :/

I can write but cannot draw. :-(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/18/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Sarahgadi

I can write but cannot draw. :-(
You make me sad in my man-skirt.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
That reminds me..is there a Sentinels RP archive forum somewhere?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/18/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Zamzooble
That reminds me..is there a Sentinels RP archive forum somewhere?

We had a website called wowfiction.net (don't go looking for it right now!) on which many of our RP story-writing was archived. The registration apparently lapsed and it is currently being used as a click-through. I'm trying to get in touch with the person who was hosting / maintaining it to get it back up, if at all possible.

SentinelsWiki.net had more character information, but also some stories. It just expired a week or two ago and I'm in email contact with the player hosting it to take over paying for that so we can get it back up. (Some of what's there is also on our older wikia, but I don't know the exact URL for that.)
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Steamwheedle Cartel has a forum archive we use...unfortunately it has gone through several incarnations (due to drama...long story). The host has never changed but after the latest incarnation the place is, admittedly, REALLY REALLY FRICKEN BARREN AND NOBODY GOES THERE EXCEPT FOR LIKE 5 PEOPLE AFASDF.

Ahem.

Since sentinels doesn't seem to have a site/discussion area for RP. Will there be any interest if we rename the current (very barren) swc archives to something xrealmish and open it up to everyone (including scryers even though their realm forums is probably less active than the archives itself).

While I do like visiting neighbours, having to crosspost everything xrealm on these default servers gets tiring after a while.
Edited by Zamzooble on 9/18/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]