Arena Tournament

90 Night Elf Priest
You could have stuck to talking up arena but noooo, you had to juxtapose arena on top of world pvp and call it head bashing.

Let me make this easier for you Phooze. Imagine being in a cell with 3 to 5 jail cell thugs. Now imagine being on the street with them on one side with their friends and you on the other side with your friends. Now unless you happen to be a heavy weight street fighter you and your friends are probably gamers with little experience in fighting so you'd stand in a crowd of them as the fighting begins. Hoping to get a solid blow in thrashing wildly until you see those around you drop, you begin to flee to a building. Inside there are more people willing to help fight off the now fading but still heavy thugs, you regroup and have another chance to pop out and claim victory. That's the difference between world pvp and arena. You have a queue timer and a limit of 5 - 10 people while we have a chance to attack and reset slowly till only we are left standing but we have to regroup and run back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Possibly cut legendaries. Put not PvE gear. That will mess with a few teams, my own included.

This sounds fun though. My only question is this. Is it a 1 loss and out or is it a best of 3 scenario. Personally I think a best of 3 might be the best way to get the most accurate results.

I have no illusions that I would win but I love the idea.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Let me make this easier for you Phooze. Imagine being in a cell with 3 to 5 jail cell thugs. Now imagine being on the street with them on one side with their friends and you on the other side with your friends. Now unless you happen to be a heavy weight street fighter you and your friends are probably gamers with little experience in fighting so you'd stand in a crowd of them as the fighting begins. Hoping to get a solid blow in thrashing wildly until you see those around you drop, you begin to flee to a building. Inside there are more people willing to help fight off the now fading but still heavy thugs, you regroup and have another chance to pop out and claim victory. That's the difference between world pvp and arena. You have a queue timer and a limit of 5 - 10 people while we have a chance to attack and reset slowly till only we are left standing but we have to regroup and run back.

So let me get this straight..

You know absolutely nothing about arena, and it sounds like you know absolutely nothing about the game entirely.

Sounds about right.
Edited by Phooze on 7/25/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
07/25/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Ay
Is it a 1 loss and out or is it a best of 3 scenario.

best of 3 of course
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have no illusions that I would win

This makes me nervous.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Possibly cut legendaries

i dont have a PVP weapon...or a PVE weapon...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/25/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Phooze
nagrand is no doubt the most balanced arena but i think only having those 2 choices would be quite boring

nagrand might really be the only "fair arena" map imo---everything else really favors melee too much imo

but thats just my opinion
Edited by Venicide on 7/25/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/25/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Phooze
and then there's still the fact of random troll interferences completely ruining matches.

manamonster and i will make sure its fair, especially in nagrand--nobody goes there
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
07/25/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Venicide
nagrand might really be the only "fair arena" map imo---everything else really favors melee too much imo

nagrand is definitely the most balanced, but the op or melee thing isnt true for any other arenas :p

if people want, we could use ONLY nagrand arena, but i feel like that would get super boring.
hey, maybe we can give it a shot and if people start messing around then we'll move to wargames.
Edited by Phooze on 7/25/2012 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
if people want, we could use ONLY nagrand arena, but i feel like that would get super boring.
hey, maybe we can give it a shot and if people start messing around then we'll move to wargames.

maybe even get everyone alliance, horde into the vent to watch the spectacle in a 'crowded boxing match' type environment

the competitors could be announced, results and --- an excessive show of force allowed by one faction if someone decides to play the fool.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
well, people need to start signing up with their teams on this thread! tell all your friends and guild members to put something together for fun and post here if interested, i want a big turn out!
Reply Quote
I'm signing up myself along with mezu and konkon :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, legendaries is a tough subject I guess. It might not make as much of a difference for casters as it does for rogue legendaries.

Also: For sure count me in. Not sure who I will be partnered with but get ready to face some almighty wrath, amirite?
Edited by Ay on 7/26/2012 2:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, dont get me wrong, I love the idea of a spectated match out in the world but I think that would make it much more difficult to adhere to, and to properly govern, the same rules as a wargame. My biggest concerns are: Bloodlust, Battlerez, Lay on Hands, Potions, Flasks, Ahnk.

It tilts the scale heavily towards very specific comps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
07/25/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Phooze

So let me get this straight..

You know absolutely nothing about arena, and it sounds like you know absolutely nothing about the game entirely.

Sounds about right.

Nah I know something about this game, the part you insulted and now you have to keep answering this crap. Now you can keep on firing off at me or stick to talking up your arena. But this is am RPPvP realm so what the hell are you doing trashing the last bit of Horde vs Alliance? PvP realm that way >>
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Nah I know something about this game, the part you insulted and now you have to keep answering this crap. Now you can keep on firing off at me or stick to talking up your arena. But this is am RPPvP realm so what the hell are you doing trashing the last bit of Horde vs Alliance? PvP realm that way >>

k go away now, you're getting your panties in a bunch over something YOU made up, you came in to a thread titled "arena tournament" and said this:

Everyone wants to play instead of waiting for other teams to finish or getting picked last for a team. It would be fun to have something out in the world like Gurubashi where people could watch easier.
I'd still rather have a kind of the hill battle of world pvp personally cause arena and rbgs already give titles for people to walk around SW letting the realm know it happened. Like you guys are great I know you'd win at arena.

if i wanted to make a world pvp event, i'd advertise for it. YOU CAME IN CRITICIZING FIRST, and i responded POLITELY in a post addressing you, spenca, and starlight, saying that i wanted this to be an arena or wargame event, not some massive world pvp event.

07/24/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Variante
The nru does events like this all the time and you don't even do Org raids how can you say it's like ramming your head into Org

where the hell did i say this on this thread? the only thing i said about world pvp was

07/24/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Phooze
I just want something for people to do outside of constantly throwing themselves at their opposing factions city for a change.

seriously you're making up !@#$ and arguing with yourself about it. shut. the. hell. up.
if you don't like the event, i could care less, you can stop visiting the thread and not participate, stop craving attention here and wasting my time with your 13 year old intelligence level and pathetic responses.

07/26/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Variante
Now you can keep on firing off at me or stick to talking up your arena

also stop with this nonsense lmao you act like i OWN THE ARENA and im ONLY ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT ARENA as if i've never touched world pvp before, i know more about every single aspect of this game than you do, /shoo.
Edited by Phooze on 7/26/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not like there's a lot to know about World PvP. Attack first, use CC, have larger numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I also prefered wargames more because i wanted to do it on my mage maybe which is on ed.

Edit: either way i will be happy to participate and will be posting my team when I know who im rolling with.
Edited by Calihye on 7/27/2012 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
YOU CAME IN CRITICIZING FIRST, and i responded POLITELY in a post addressing you, spenca, and starlight, saying that i wanted this to be an arena or wargame event, not some massive world pvp event.

hell !@#$ . shut. the. hell. up.
13 year old intelligence level and pathetic responses.
/shoo.

Quit tryin to chop up world pvp and feedin it to your flavorless cookie cutter pvp game cause you totally mentioned NRU and that our raids were head ramming ( not skull bashing sorry) and you fully started that junk.
I used to pvp till dawn in Tarren Mill and AV and when arena came out i got to 1900 and quit because I felt and still feel it's PvP the reduced version. And here you are coming out campaigning for an arena event like world pvp is its boring big brother, so get to a purely PvP server you two bit treasure troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]