Tuesday (totally not monday), July 24th 2012.

85 Night Elf Rogue
This has been shamelessly pilfered from the WrA Forums. You may now revel in the reclaimed knowledge that is rightfully ours.

http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fantasy-armor-and-lady-bits/

Edit: Because I can never remember if I'm one or two days ahead of you guys.
Edited by Sinlinara on 7/24/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Also for all those Night Elves out there, with all this talk of being mortal and whatnot do you ever get the feeling that it's kind of like rubbing the dirt in the wounds whenever an NPC refers to you as a mortal? I feel like that should be a point of contention for them because the Night Elves were proud of their immortality and now I picture it as being like, "YES, THANK YOU, I KNOW I'M A MORTAL NOW I DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED!"
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
This has been shamelessly pilfered from the WrA Forums. You may now revel in the reclaimed knowledge that is rightfully ours.

http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fantasy-armor-and-lady-bits/

Edit: Because I can never remember if I'm one or two days ahead of you guys.

A wizard did it.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
I've always wondered about the whole immortality / mortality thing. How does one know personally that one is mortal or not? Is it an itch somewhere? Is it because some big booming god's voice said "You are now immortal" and later said "Oops, try again later."

(And, seriously, what does a people formerly known as immortal do for afterlife beliefs when they suddenly lose their immortality?)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/24/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Because I can never remember if I'm one or two days ahead of you guys.

http://everytimezone.com/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Now you see why I play Tera.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/24/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Eilethalua
(And, seriously, what does a people formerly known as immortal do for afterlife beliefs when they suddenly lose their immortality?)

I'm now thinking of some mortal thing in the afterlife thinking "wait... I thought I was immortal."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
07/24/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Eilethalua

In the Night Elves' case I wouldn't think anything would change. They would still go on with their rituals in honor of their ancestors and it's not like there's really much of an afterlife belief to begin with with any culture in WoW.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/25/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Sinlinara
it's not like there's really much of an afterlife belief to begin with with any culture in WoW

Actually, I think there is "something" - it's just not clearly expressed in game or in lore.

I think of the old (pre-Cata) Darkshore quest where we help the guy on the Auberdine dock mourning his lost love. She appears to him and talks briefly ... then has to "move on". There was a sense that eventually they would be reunited eventually with his death. Having no afterlife belief would leave that not even a possibility.

At the same time, I can't think of any Forsaken who talk about being brought back from anything. (Makes me wonder though ... if someone was wandering as a ghost, then the Plague raised their body, did they get yanked back or did something else animate it?)

(Honestly, the Lore that fascinates me most is that which is missing or not discussed, that which is speculated rather than known. Lacking an eye-witness to an event, much of Azeroth's history is speculative - not absolute. It's about as complete and accurate as our histories of the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]