13 Days of Hallows End '12[Brainstorm Thread]

100 Gnome Warlock
I strongly second the following ideas that Zeita and Shay beat me to. Specifically:

1. Pet Battle Tourny - MoP will be out by then and Blizzard said the retail expansion will not be required to use the Pet Battle System. You might put in a stipulation that at least one of each contestant's three pet team be "spooky" themed.

2. Zombie Invasion - This was an awesome event from last year and definitely needs to be done again even bigger and better!

And if I might suggest a return of Azerothian Ghost Stories competition, with rule stipulations that all entries must be macroed and no more than 5 minutes duration so we can keep it moving along.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Edited by Forbidra on 7/28/2012 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Kattja
I'll have to ask my guild leader, but I'm pretty sure the guild I'm in, The Vermillion Caravan (an acting troupe that occasionally puts on musicals) could always put together some sort of spooky show or something for the event.

OH! That would be fantastic! I mean, if your Guild Leader is willing, I can always have Marlo ICly hire your guild to put on a show for us- make for some good random RP!

07/28/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Philomene
We've always held some shenanigans for Hallows' End and will very likely be holding a Haunted Trail/Tour-type event this year.

Oh! Oh! Oh! A Haunted Trail sounds fantastic! If you want to host it with us, we'll always be willing to help you with gold, costumes, and we always have several extra helping hands! =D

Custom trick or treating? A bit like you can do with the NPCs but throw in special prizes/pranks or...riddles or something?

Oh! This is always fun to do! Last year we gave out everything from a chopper to gold and potions of illusions! Thanks!

07/28/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Lamiae
Ooh! I remember last years event! And how my graphics card destroyed itself right as the costume contest happened, so I never got to see the crowning of professor porkchop :(

NO! Well, I hope that you have better luck this year! <3

07/28/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Dinqy
so excited for this! as soon as manifest's events are over for our anniversary, we will get to work on planning the hallow's end events for horde ^_^

YAYAYAYAY! <3 <3 <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I strongly second the following ideas that Zeita and Shay beat me to. Specifically:

1. Pet Battle Tourny - MoP will be out by then and Blizzard said the retail expansion will not be required to use the Pet Battle System. You might put in a stipulation that at least one of each contestant's three pet team be "spooky" themed.

2. Zombie Invasion - This was an awesome event from last year and definitely needs to be done again even bigger and better!

And if I might suggest a return of Azerothian Ghost Stories competition, with rule stipulations that all entries must be macroed and no more than 5 minutes duration so we can keep it moving along.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"

Great idea Forbs, especially with the macroed stories- that would be fantastic! G4 should host something! =O We at Embersea love you guys! <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bump for more planning and lovely ideas!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
07/31/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Marlo
Oh! Oh! Oh! A Haunted Trail sounds fantastic! If you want to host it with us, we'll always be willing to help you with gold, costumes, and we always have several extra helping hands! =D

Excellent. As we get a little closer to October I'll be happy to forward what we're putting together as a guild. We may or may not require a couple of extras, possibly one or two bodies to plant in a tour group as highly reactive folks to give any shy RPers some encouragement. The venue is highly likely to be the Hinterlands and we'll be taking a series of small groups in lieu of one single big one in order to decrease spam and increase the intimacy of the mini-events we shall plan for the trail. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/01/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Philomene

Excellent. As we get a little closer to October I'll be happy to forward what we're putting together as a guild. We may or may not require a couple of extras, possibly one or two bodies to plant in a tour group as highly reactive folks to give any shy RPers some encouragement. The venue is highly likely to be the Hinterlands and we'll be taking a series of small groups in lieu of one single big one in order to decrease spam and increase the intimacy of the mini-events we shall plan for the trail. :)

This sounds absolutely lovely and I can't wait to work with you all! <3 Keep me informed! <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
UPDATE: It seems that the guild who was in charge of the Horde side events has had to pull out due to reasons...! If any other lovely hordies wish to be the host, please let me know!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thinking about doing some OOC forum contests!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bump!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Hmmm,
something like <The Earthspear Tribe>'s story circle, only ghost stories around a campfire?

/tosses ideas out there like safari balls at Kangaskhans and Scythers.

Edit:
Kangaskhans and Scythers in FIRST GEN games.
Edited by Thokk on 8/12/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If it interests people, I'm doing some lead ups currently, to bring a villain arc during the Hallow's End holidays, on this guy. I'm open to working OOCLy with anyone, if they want to run some events that get....crashed or something. Add for potential story and so on.

I'm working with some other people currently, figured since ideally I'll be running this guy heavily during that time, I'd love for some scenes where he crashes a party, and has to be beaten. Just a thought mind you, I won't invite myself unless it's planned ahead of time, so don't worry :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If it interests people, I'm doing some lead ups currently, to bring a villain arc during the Hallow's End holidays, on this guy. I'm open to working OOCLy with anyone, if they want to run some events that get....crashed or something. Add for potential story and so on.

I'm working with some other people currently, figured since ideally I'll be running this guy heavily during that time, I'd love for some scenes where he crashes a party, and has to be beaten. Just a thought mind you, I won't invite myself unless it's planned ahead of time, so don't worry :D

If only you were Alliance, I would totally work with you on this! But, when we get everything settled with the potential Hordie-Hosts, I'll send them your way! Thank you so much!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
No probs! (This is Alastyr, I'm on him, this guy or Salsbury)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
On the first day of Hallows end, A ghoulie gave to mee...~
An angry deader in a plagued tree~

Couldn't resist.
I vote for a costume event.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
On the first day of Hallows end, A ghoulie gave to mee...~
An angry deader in a plagued tree~

I would love to see you write out a 13 Day Parody! ;D <3

Couldn't resist.
I vote for a costume event.

And there will be at least 2 costume contests for Alliance side! Horde side, I'm not sure yet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Okay. Exploring OOCly today with some officers, we found the perfect spooky place for a few events! ;D
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Hmm, I'd be up for spearheading some of the Horde side events, your Horde equivocal point man, if you like.

We can talk tonight, if you like.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hmm, I'd be up for spearheading some of the Horde side events, your Horde equivocal point man, if you like.

We can talk tonight, if you like.

That would be wonderful actually. And I should be on all night so, just send me a whisper or mail or something when you want to chat about it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]