Weekend Sale -- 25% Off Character Transfer

Community Manager
New horizons await! Through this weekend and for a limited time only, you can initiate a Character Transfer to move one of your World of Warcraft characters to a new realm for 25% off the regular price.

To get started, simply click here. Alternatively, you can log in to your Battle.net account at www.battle.net, select your World of Warcraft account, and then click “Character Transfer” at the bottom of the page.

Don’t delay -- this offer ends Monday, July 23 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Kiss me Bashiok I love you Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Kinda bummed that i transferred a few weeks ago...
Eh Oh well.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Damn... I just transferred yesterday. :/
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
sweet, even less people on dalvengyr.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would you guys happen to know if I have to redeem my transfer immediately after the purchase?

Or would it be possible to purchase it this weekend, and then use the transfer say, 2 weeks later?

Never transferred before so any help is appreciated! Thanks very much. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Knock it to 40% off and its a deal ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would you guys happen to know if I have to redeem my transfer immediately after the purchase?

Or would it be possible to purchase it this weekend, and then use the transfer say, 2 weeks later?

Never transferred before so any help is appreciated! Thanks very much. :)
The transfer is a part of the whole process. You pay and then it kicks off the transfer process immediately. There's no way to pre-pay for a transfer as far as I know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
$18.75 is still really expensive for a character transfer if you ask me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Can you do this again on the 1st when people get paid. I got 10 toons I need to transfer, stat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Please let it be Character Race Change next please! Blizzard! kthx
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I was like "Wow cool I wanna go visit a friend anyway... huh he's on the alliance side. Well I guess I'll just click this box that faction changes and-" FOURTY EIGHT DOLLARS FOR TRANSFER?!

No, seriously I refuse to use such an overpriced service. It costs more than purchasing World of Warcraft THE GAME. ALL OF IT. For a packet of data I don't even think reaches over half a gig.

"Premium Services" doesn't mean arm and a leg.

Let's view a moment what one can do with 48 dollars.

A) A full tank of gas
B) 4 Double Whopper meals, (IE feed a family)
C) Buy an entirely new game
D) Go on a Date to the movies, AND buy popcorn.

The list goes on and on. What I'm trying to say is that packet of ones and zeros shouldn't be priced so high. Those who are using your "premium" services are already paying 15 a month on top of it.

My suggestion to you: Remove "Faction Change" and "Race Change" Bundle it into straight up "Faction Change" for 15. Then take your Realm Transfer service and keep it at 20 but also bundle in your Faction Change.

Unless I see serious number reduction here the only thing I think you've done with this 'sale' is show A LOT of people on MMO champ how overpriced it is.
Edited by Panadyne on 7/19/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Better yet, just get it done and over with and make all realm transfers free like other MMOs are doing and close some servers so people move to the more populated ones.

Doesn't cost them a damn thing, its all automated.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
No!
Not paying for it.
quitting your game because of it.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
07/19/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Darthery

great news, you don't have to do it.
Reply Quote
- Diablo Fans
90 Blood Elf Mage
So this is where you have bee hiding bashiok, IM ON TO YOU

OT: finally move my last few characters over, just have to make character slots somehow
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Warrior
we already pay 15 bucks a month come on blizz give us a break!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/19/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Nanners

great news, you don't have to do it.

Obviously. Which is why I'm not going to......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]