DMF Deathmatch, Mon, Aug 6th @ 9pm server.

90 Undead Priest
<Shard>(H) will be hosting a Darkmoon Fair death-match on Monday, August the 6th @ 9pm server, the winner of which will be given an 8/8H Dragon Soul clear (grants the title: Savior of Azeroth) with all the loot they can carry*. Alliance players can either choose to transfer to redeem their reward or simply participate to keep us evil Horde from winning! To win the Deathmatch, simply be the guy to loot the chest and have your name called by the announcer!

Our goal with this event is to bring our server's community together with some fun competition and decent rewards. This will be our first attempt at hosting an event like this and if successful (more than a handful of people show up), we will host it again the following DMF with a [Life-Binder's Handmaiden] as an additional reward! In future events we may do other raids like Heroic Rag or Sinestra!!!

The Winner of the death match can either participate in the 8/8H run or go die on every pull and collect loot later. People asking to participate will be required to have teamspeak 3, be able to follow simple directions and a DPS or Healing spec. The award will be given on Wednesday the 8th or 15th (raid time is 7:15 server-9:00pm).
Edit @ 8-3-2012: When the award run is given depends on raid attendance at the time given that August is a very popular vacation month.

For more information, questions or suggestions Speak with Poena of <Shard>

*There will be some limitations on loot you can roll on. A full list will be posted by August 2nd. Expect rare drop items such as rings/trinkets to be off limits as well as the occasional low drop items for us (wand off Zonozz).
The list:
Rare Drop items that never drop
Cunning of the Cruel
Signet of Suturing
Breathstealer Band
Bone-Link Fetish

And items that almost never drop.
Janglespur Jackboots
Wrath of Unchaining
Heart of Unliving
Finger of Zon'ozz
Gloves of Liquid Smoke

F.A.Q.s
Can I win on one character, but take another for the run?
Yes. Maybe you PvP on your Alliance toon but want to get some phat loots for your Horde Toon. As long as the winner confirms with us the name of the player they would like the award to go too, we will honor their choice.

Can I give my prize to another person
Absolutely. 410's make great gifts! Like the previous question, as long as the winner confirms with us the name of the player they would like the award to go too, we will honor their choice.

Can I has everything?!?!?
As long as the items you want aren't on our item blacklist (to be posted Aug 2nd), then you can absolutely have anything your class can use and you have a desire for.

Can I team up with anyone?
Totally. Hire a team of merc's or gather your best buds to help you win. Do whatever it takes to win (that's within the ToS).

Can I has Elementium Gem Cluster???
Maybe. If you will complete a tier of the weapon, we will do it to help you out. However if this is just clusters ~12 of 60, or Shadowy Gem ~60 of 333, then no we won't give them to you. Clusters will be agreed upon in a case-by-case basis.
Edited by Poena on 8/3/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I won't be on one bit that entire week :D
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
In other news, <Friendship is Magic> announced they are transferring to the Horde.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
I would just like to make a note here, either you did this on purpose or did not realize/care. But thats dead on mid-raid for almost every PvEer out there. So essentially, your hosting a PvP event for PvPers to get PvE gear. HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/23/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Dedlyhunter
I would just like to make a note here, either you did this on purpose or did not realize/care. But thats dead on mid-raid for almost every PvEer out there. So essentially, your hosting a PvP event for PvPers to get PvE gear. HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Well it obviously has to be around our raid times and the times most people are online (wowcensus shows 7-9 server are most popular). 6pm is too early for PST players and 12pm too late for CST/EST (and probably MST) players). I refuse to do Fri/Sat. So that leaves Mon/Tue.

I think you make a good point. We'll move this to Monday the 6th as by then the few left raiding are done for the week.
Edited by Poena on 7/23/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You should do a hogger run if there's alliance winners, bro.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Can i play? :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Sounds interesting!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
MoP's coming Sept 25th... So this will be the 1st event we do... with one in September being the last... So get on board and make it awesome!

Edit: and looking at our spreadsheet, we should be able to award a lifebinders for the September version of this event... assuming people show for this one making it worthwhile to do this again in a month+

... assuming they don't launch 5.0 and my 100k mana pool makes doing anything impossible.
Edited by Poena on 7/25/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Edit: and looking at our spreadsheet, we should be able to award a lifebinders for the September version of this event... assuming people show for this one making it worthwhile to do this again in a month+

... assuming they don't launch 5.0 and my 100k mana pool makes doing anything impossible.

Hi, I'm back from vacation. Glad to see you went along and are trying this alone. Alliance people sorry to disappoint but we aren't willing to do this on such short notice.

Just a side note Poe, 99% sure Life-binders will be a 1% drop rate from Heroic DW in 5.0 just like Mimi's Head became in 4.0. I expect it by 4 resets before your September version of this event.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hi, I'm back from vacation. Glad to see you went along and are trying this alone. Alliance people sorry to disappoint but we aren't willing to do this on such short notice.

You'll have plenty of time for the next one!!!

Just a side note Poe, 99% sure Life-binders will be a 1% drop rate from Heroic DW in 5.0 just like Mimi's Head became in 4.0. I expect it by 4 resets before your September version of this event.

Mimi's head/Invincible were available in 4.0.1 and were removed in 4.0.3.

So unless Blizz changes their tune, we have until Sept 25th to farm mounts. And from a blue post I saw today, it looks like they thought about the dispel changes in 5.0.4 and will make doing Sinestra/Spine still doable (at least from a dispel perspective... I'm still a bit unsure about how I'll survive with a 100k mana pool /wrists).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

And from a blue post I saw today, it looks like they thought about the dispel changes in 5.0.4 and will make doing Sinestra/Spine still doable (at least from a dispel perspective... I'm still a bit unsure about how I'll survive with a 100k mana pool /wrists).

I hear Holy Priests can spam heal that entire fight and barely make a dent in their mana...you should try that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I hear Holy Priests can spam heal that entire fight and barely make a dent in their mana...you should try that.

Spamming heal would be about as effective healing as me going shadow.

Also @ being a Holy Priest. Every time I try playing that spec again, I just want to stop playing WoW... It's just that un-fun for me (ever since the changes in 4.0)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/26/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Poena
Mimi's head/Invincible were available in 4.0.1 and were removed in 4.0.3.

Weird swear it was the other way around, oh well.

spamming heal would be about as effective healing as me going shadow.

Think you read that too seriously, "spam healing spells*"

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Spine_of_Deathwing/25H/Holy_Priest/

Elz is mean on this fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hehe.

Okay.
Edited by Demongorgon on 7/27/2012 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Oh a PvP event, sounds fun. Hopefully it isn't boring, be sure to put up a good fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/27/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Silentchaos
Oh a PvP event, sounds fun. Hopefully it isn't boring, be sure to put up a good fight.

Help spread the word Alliance side. Don't let the Horde walk away with an easy prize... make them work for it!
Reply Quote
10 Undead Priest
I will be there, and I shall destroy you all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]