Witch Doctors

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Hunter
So, I'm a bit curious about this. I have been wondering for a while about witch doctor roleplay, but briefly got hung on class. Basically I'm wondering, just as a general question, what class as a troll you would roll if you were going too for the express purpose of playing a witch doctor or hexxer type? Shaman or warlock?

This isn't meant as a discussion over which class is better than the other, just which fits better with the sort of voodoo theme. What do you guys think?
Edited by Stormwood on 7/21/2012 7:57 PM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
Out of the two, I'd probably go with a Shaman. Maybe it's the totems that really sell it. I dunno... Shaman just "feel" more like a Witch Doctor to me. I don't really know how else to describe it.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
Kinda a mix betwen a shadow priest and a shaman.

I think you could make it work fine with either, though shaman seems more likely to emulate the totem-based magics they do.
90 Troll Hunter
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2896/trollsm.jpg

Outta help you.

A Witch Doctor and a Hexer are two different types of Trolls, and a Shaman/Priest is best for Witch Doctor, and a Warlock for Hexer.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Some good responses. I didn't consider shadow priests, thank you for bringing that up as well.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2896/trollsm.jpg

Outta help you.

A Witch Doctor and a Hexer are two different types of Trolls, and a Shaman/Priest is best for Witch Doctor, and a Warlock for Hexer.

That's really cool! Where did you get this?
90 Troll Hunter
07/21/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Stormwood
That's really cool! Where did you get this?

Honestly, I saw it by another poster in a different thread, thought it was cool, and bookmarked it. There's a name in the corner you could look up, though.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 7/21/2012 11:22 PM PDT
85 Tauren Shaman
Shaman seems to be the norm of what I encounter when I see witch doctors being RP'd. But you can also play them as priest!
A Shaman sounds like the ideal witch doctor. You should pick alchemy and herbalism for your professions as well. They would compliment your role-play.
Edited by Zavar on 7/22/2012 10:26 PM PDT
29 Night Elf Mage
For a witch doctor, I'd say shaman, mainly because they use ritual totems and such, along with lightning bolts and even if you wanted to go with hexxer, I still believe in-game abilities that actually are shown, instead of imagining it.
88 Tauren Shaman
07/21/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Stormwood
witch doctor or hexxer type

Witch Doctors can be more than shaman or priests... More than healing classes. I've seen Witch Doctor mages who do healing through potions only. Using the juju to do harm to enemies and to boost the strength of their concoctions.

Hexxers are best played as Shadow Priests and Warlocks without demons.
28 Worgen Rogue
I personaly role-play a witch doctor as a shadow priest and it works rather well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]