85 Undead Mage
Just don't find it fun anymore...
Reply Quote
Ethics will be out the window in MOP.

I will outgear you and grief you.

i have trampled over tougher bads than you to get to fights
Reply Quote
I gank all the time. But...

I never used to gank lowbies, but I've had been ganked on my lowbies by Horde 85s so many times that I'll often just kill a few lowbies I come across as a bit of payback.

I never camp lowbies. Camping lowbies is probably the most pathetic brand of PvP (using the broadest possible definition of "PvP") you could ever perpetrate. Weak. L2P.

If I see a fellow Alliance, of ANY level, engaged in world PvP then I will help him/her. I have nothing but contempt for those gutless wonders who don't help fellow Alliance when they see them being ganked. (Do they think they'll die IRL if they join the fight?!)

One rule trumps all others: you are permitted - nigh obliged - to camp campers for hours and hours and hours. They asked for it. They begged for it.
Reply Quote

I never camp lowbies. Camping lowbies is probably the most pathetic brand of PvP (using the broadest possible definition of "PvP") you could ever perpetrate. Weak. L2P.

this is the totally wrong attitude. some nub spoke out of place of the forum to me, so i found his lowbie and camped it. what developed over the next 2 hours was the largest spontaneous wPvP battle on Barth, possibly the world

just remember, lowbies often have 85s and they will jump on their 85 and think they can kill you. i find it hilarious when i trample their 85 as well. they may also call gulidies and friends.

smashing lowbies should be encouraged; especailly on Barth - there are enough dumb 85 Horde polluting the server
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I can't kill anything as resto this expac, lame self healing changes ruined making peoples lives horrible by taking 20 minutes to kill them.

I do still go kill/camp people on my rogue when bored though.

Mostly in Uldum or TH.

But it's kind of unfair on a rogue, 99% of the time people don't really stand much of a chance and die before they even know what hit them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Saralonde to be clear I don't find it cowardly to attack anybody under any circumstances this includes 2v1 and camping lowbies I do however find it cowardly to do so then run from a fair fight(and I don't just mean when they're about to die~ run on 100%hp without even trying constantly)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If I see a fellow Alliance, of ANY level, engaged in world PvP then I will help him/her. I have nothing but contempt for those gutless wonders who don't help fellow Alliance when they see them being ganked. (Do they think they'll die IRL if they join the fight?!)

This isn't the way I think~ I'd rather my char die than help some bad who deserved to die survive that being said if I see somebody picking on someone lower level than them EXTREMELY more geared than them or 2v1ing somebody I'll help even if it looks like I'll die anyway

also to be clear I don't have some kind of hatred for cowardly/kill on sight players~
I will however treat them differently than people who play differently
Edited by Holyagirl on 7/25/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
On all odds it is still Holyagirl's motto though. At all times when a fellow Alliance player is in need of aid Holyagirl is always there. We should be proud. FOR THE ALLIANCE!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I am a "Red is Dead" most of the time, however if in circumstances such as 3 rogues opening up on me or similar I am going to attempt more to survive and deny them a kill then to stay and fight something that I have no way to win.

Basically I am not going to suicide into 10 people, but I am going to try to find a way to pick off 1 or 2.
Reply Quote
I am a "Red is Dead" most of the time, however if in circumstances such as 3 rogues opening up on me or similar I am going to attempt more to survive and deny them a kill then to stay and fight something that I have no way to win.

Basically I am not going to suicide into 10 people, but I am going to try to find a way to pick off 1 or 2.

i can teach you how to take on and win against 3 rogues instead of rocket booting and parachuting to safety
Reply Quote
42 Tauren Druid
I'm a closed fist if I see someone ganking a lowbie or 2v1 heroes as I ride past, as much as I would like to sometimes I can't go by without helping somehow, even if its just a rez.

When it comes to myself I am passive, I like to /sit /golfclap /yawn. I can't be bothered any more. Once upon a time I would fight back and keep going back for more beatings until I either triumphed and could camp them for a while, or I managed to recruit some help. I have way better things to do these days so I just like to get it over with now.

Having said that on rare occasions I get pi$$ed off enough to retaliate. Like today doing my early morning dailies I was attacking Nemesis in holy gear (priest) while waiting in LFD queue. Just minding my own business when some Nelf Huntard comes up and starts shooting at me. I thought I would just heal through it and kill the mob as he was obviously not very geared. I unfortunately copped a blast of the aoe and he finished me off before I had time to recover, so that plan was a big fat fail.

On my way back to my corpse I was seething and when I rezzed there he was on 20% because he didn't know how to stand under Torta's shell during the aoe, so SW:D revenge was pretty much mine for the taking. So I took it and it felt good. I only wish I had time to kill his pet as well the prick.

TLDR: You need another category for Avengey Types.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just minding my own business when some Nelf Huntard comes up and starts shooting at me..

lol
Reply Quote
42 Tauren Druid
...named Legolas. Well, he should have been anyway.
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Pikapiqtluvu
@Saralonde to be clear I don't find it cowardly to attack anybody under any circumstances this includes 2v1 and camping lowbies I do however find it cowardly to do so then run from a fair fight(and I don't just mean when they're about to die~ run on 100%hp without even trying constantly)

Its true holya stopped attacking my priest when another ret was there attacking me.

it is pathetic when someone from the same faction stops attacking because they think it is unfair.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/25/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Saralondé

Its true holya stopped attacking my priest when another ret was there attacking me.

it is pathetic when someone from the same faction stops attacking because they think it is unfair.

:p personally I think it's worse to actually care about factions in a game s: however there's certainly room for players that think like that~ I like the big world fights and most of them wouldn't have started if somebody didn't kill some lowbies or camped a GY with five friends I just don't find combat fun if I've zero chance of losing
Reply Quote
this is war game. factions are very important. without Horde & Alliance being sworn enemies, WoW would be $h!&

one of the worst things Blizz done was allowing players to role both factions on the same account. there was far more faction loyalty before this which made for a better game. of course they are making massive profits by charging for transfers.

i demand the introduction of the third faction.
Edited by Saralondé on 7/25/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
WvWvW in gw2 > any form of pvp in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
My world pvp strat, kill as many as possible while dying the least number of times possible. It makes the enemies the most mad and thus is the best strat.

In a given situation I determine whether it is better to avoid death or get kills and that changes based on a lot of things. Obviously I do both if possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]