What is "PvP Power"?

From the PTR patch notes:

"Items

Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items."

I looked around and can't find anything explaining what exactly PvP power is. Anyone care to explain?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Lordie that's a stupid name. Anway, given the context I would imagine it's Spell Pen with a different name.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
07/20/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Elidinis
Lordie that's a stupid name.

confirmed
Reply Quote
Oddly enough, there is a good handful of threads complaining about it. However, not one person really explains what it is/does in those threads.

Nor does the patch notes explain. I think it's more than re-named spell pen given the other update in PTR: "All characters now take 30% less damage from other players."
Edited by Zarothea on 7/20/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
PvP Power is a new stat introduced to PvP Gear to make it superior to PvE Gear in PvP. It increases damage dealt against players and does not effect an items iLevel (So an iLevel 9001 PvE Chest has 40 strength and 10 crit, while an iLevel 9001 PvP Chest has 40 strength, 10 crit, and some PvP Power) so that it'll be "ok" for PvP Gear to be a lower item level.

PvP Defense is also there and it just replaced resilience.
Reply Quote
PvP Power is a new stat introduced to PvP Gear to make it superior to PvE Gear in PvP. It increases damage dealt against players and does not effect an items iLevel (So an iLevel 9001 PvE Chest has 40 strength and 10 crit, while an iLevel 9001 PvP Chest has 40 strength, 10 crit, and some PvP Power) so that it'll be "ok" for PvP Gear to be a lower item level.

PvP Defense is also there and it just replaced resilience.

Ah, thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]