Lets not talk about Australian servers...

90 Night Elf Hunter
How about we talk about something that doesn't have to do with Australian servers for once. If it was going to happen then it would of happened. You've dealt with this for the past seven years, and your obviously still playing so it cant be that bad. Get over it.

Now lets talk about something cool like Karazhan or Ulduar...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I love how Hard Modes were activated in UD.

That needs to be brought back.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
^Obviously isn't burdened with the problem^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Never mind Oceanic based servers, a pipe dream that will probably never happen due to the inherent greed involved within the concerned parties (a certain national telco vs. a certain global gaming company). How about some simple consideration for the difference in timezones involved?!? 3 a.m. shutdowns might be fine for those based in PDT timezones but for Oceanic realms this means the Australian eastern seaboard gets sent to bed at 8 p.m. while the poor buggers in Western Australia cop it sweet at 6 p.m. !!!
Thanks Actiblizzvendi nice to know we're all valued customers down here ...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
How about we talk about something that doesn't have to do with Australian servers for once. If it was going to happen then it would of happened. You've dealt with this for the past seven years, and your obviously still playing so it cant be that bad. Get over it.

what else would we talk about?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Amen brother!

As for the SW:TOR and Warhammer arguments, what arguments? They're both going down the gurgler.

We're now 8 years in, still no servers. Why should they? On what planet does anyone think that the Australian player base is worth it?

Other recently released MMO's don't have even timezoned Oceanic servers. I say count your blessings that Blizzard give us the time of day that they do. And stop whining about it. Makes it seem that all Oceanic players suffer from 'little man' syndrome and have to continuously make themselves sound bigger and more important than we are.

We're a country of 22 million. We are geographically isolated and we are nobodies. Get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

How about you be quiet and let people say what they want "free speech" style.

It's crap service that players like me after 6 years (since patch 1.9) paying for this game, and playing a broken melee class with 220ms-350ms (with LP) and 400ms+ (without LP) constantly. You don't think that is gamebreaking?

Go try SWTOR with 40-60ms and come back to this thread and delete it due to stupidity

If you hate it so much, why don't you stop playing. Can't be such an issue if you have just copped it on the chin for the last 6 years.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/17/2012 04:12 AMPosted by Zephinism
Just in a response to why do our realms get maintained at X time which is inconvieniant for us. For starters, Oceanic players range from +12 to +8?GMT, where would we draw it? AEST?

People have very short memories/wear rose coloured glasses/newer to the game than they make out. I remember quite well when Oceanic realms would go down in the afternoon AEST. You'd get home from work and they'd be down already and would come back up at 2-3am. They changed a large portion of their work schedule so we now only go down at 7:30/8pm at the EARLIEST.

Just remember people - we've had it worse. Stop biting the hand that feeds you (PS, that's Blizzard to us - we could all stop playing and Blizzard wouldn't miss a beat...).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
unfortunately if you make the oceanic servers go down at a different time, you're just gonna get a rush of oceanic alts coming on and crashing out your servers.
i hate getting sent off wow at 8pm too, but i decide to instead take advantage of my local video stores $1 tuesday night any rental and watch a flick instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]