Why are you considered a nerd if you play WoW

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly in my school I go to basically if you play wow you are an instant NERD. I dont see why... Most of the people in my school have an xbox with xbox live. If you are a nerd who is paying to play a MMO what does that make you? you pay to play online. I know there are price differences but its still similar.

I play WoW I tell my friends they called me a nerd and all but after awhile it really didnt matter they thought I would play it all day and all night but I dont I go to places they I watch a move with them We go screw around play some street basketball and some football also throw in some soccer.

Now its not about me getting pissed its about other kids I see in school that play video games like WoW, Rift, SWTOR, some even play Runescape im fine with that but I see them getting bashed by people they dont know. Its not really bullying its just like..... idk they bash on them but they dont really get that mad lol.

Anyway im probably gonna get flamed for this post but it just ticks me off how in my school (Drama central) people think you are a nerd if you play WoW
90 Night Elf Druid
SPOILER ALERT: you'll get older and get out of school and none of it will matter to anyone anymore.
Rofl just tell them that i get epics lootz and you don't. Also, i only play wow because i like the raids. death wing was kinda of a let down.
85 Dwarf Hunter

Now its not about me getting pissed its about other kids I see in school that play video games like WoW, Rift, SWTOR, some even play Runescape im fine with that but I see them getting bashed by people they dont know. Its not really bullying its just like..... idk they bash on them but they dont really get that mad lol.

Anyway im probably gonna get flamed for this post but it just ticks me off how in my school (Drama central) people think you are a nerd if you play WoW

Wow has been portrayed as a "Nerd" game on television a few times and people see that and like to call it that even though people who play this game are not like that at all.

I think it could very well be that these Highschool kids like to go after people who are different as they are insecure about people being different. Not to mention that Xbox is really popular these days with Call of Duty and etc...
90 Dwarf Paladin
Try being a nerd/gamer in the 80's. It was...interesting.

And again, Cracked on the case:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-modern-kids-dont-understand-about-being-nerd/
90 Troll Death Knight
I'll tell you a little secret about school:

People will make fun of EVERYTHING.

Fat? People laughs at you.

Thin? More laughs.

Like playing videogames? You are a nerd.

Like books? More nerd.

Good at school? Everyone hates you and makes fun of you.

Bad at school? Everyone makes fun at you.

And so on, all you can do is ignore them and live your life as you want you.
85 Gnome Warlock
I'll tell you a little secret about school:

People will make fun of EVERYTHING.

Fat? People laughs at you.

Thin? More laughs.

Like playing videogames? You are a nerd.

Like books? More nerd.

Good at school? Everyone hates you and makes fun of you.

Bad at school? Everyone makes fun at you.

And so on, all you can do is ignore them and live your life as you want you.

I just kicked there !@# and no one made fun of me to my face ever. People knew I played WoW but so what? nothing wrong with having WoW as a hobby. I also wrestle/play football as a hobby.

But as you said people will make fun of you no matter what best you can do is find some good friends hang out with them and if a smart $%^ wants to start -*!@ either tell them off or kick their #$%.
88 Undead Warlock
07/19/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Optimis
SPOILER ALERT: you'll get older and get out of school and none of it will matter to anyone anymore.

Well im about to start my sophomore year so I still have some time lol

Because kids are damned awful, that's why. Given this context.
89 Undead Warlock
They just wish they were part of the PC master race.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm still confused nerds call other nerds nerds like an insult. I'd say we're all equally nerdy. We just put our passions into different things.
90 Undead Death Knight
xXxXXxxXXx420elitexXxsnipez420xXXxxXXxXx: fakn nub u pleh WoW?!??11?! nerd geek play a realz game lyk COD. im 10th prestige com at mez broz
85 Worgen Druid
Most people I hang out with irl just don't understand the gaming culture really.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]