Why are you considered a nerd if you play WoW

(Locked)

21 Blood Elf Paladin
Abs are the currency of the realm these days. Get abs and nobody can talk !@#$ about you. That's why I play a blood elf, nobody ever makes fun of us.
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/19/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Rosenivy
I'm still confused nerds call other nerds nerds like an insult. I'd say we're all equally nerdy. We just put our passions into different things.

Unfortunately being a nerd does not necessarily mean nicer. They can still be just as bullying as those that bully nerds. They establish hierarchies of nerd-dom so they can look down on other nerds. And god help anyone that fits the stereotype of someone that made fun of nerds (popular girl, jock, etc.) that suddenly finds themselves in a position of answering to or needing help from a nerd.
85 Dwarf Hunter
I don't know I lived in fear of telling anyone I played WoW since middle school, I'm a high school senior now and learned to literally not give a crap lol
Edited by Cregan on 7/19/2012 10:34 PM PDT
It's called being a teenager. Actually, it's just called human behaviour.
90 Draenei Hunter
Hah, I remember in High school I punched a kid in the face for trying to bully me about playing Runescape. It was pretty damn funny, he lost any sort of useless high school reputation he had after that.
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/19/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Eurydia
SPOILER ALERT: you'll get older and get out of school and none of it will matter to anyone anymore.

This.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
ah i know what u mean. all the kids making fun of you for playing games like Runescape and WoW. Certain things are just looked down apon at school like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. there are certaintly people that play them. the best thing to do in my opinion is to not let anyone kno of your gaming habits if they are looked down upon and that bothers you . things like this are generally related to nerds and geeks whether or not they are nerdy at all. its just something that kids do. this generation is a very cruel one. (i have nothing against what was mentioned so no one come at me about them being examples).
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/19/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Optimis
miss 4000$ pants

What?
90 Draenei Hunter
07/19/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Dunfoyle
miss 4000$ pants

What?

Dem rich kids that act like they're better than everyone else cause their parents are rich and give their kids whatever they want.
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/19/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Optimis
Meh its not really about me getting made fun of which i did for about 2 days still i was searching for a !@#$ to give it just annoys me that other people bash on other people about being a NERRRRD if u play wow

But didn't you just bash somebody for being "popular" and having expensive pants?
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/19/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Optimis
Yeah i did cause they think they are better then everyone else and are complete !@#$%^-s the gamerz dont even say a word in the cafeteria and they get bashed on because they play a videogame

So these kids who you don't say a word to make it a point to go out of their way to come over to where you are in the cafeteria and say bad things about you because you play a video game?
85 Orc Shaman
A better question is why you care?
90 Dwarf Shaman
Yeah. I don't get it either. I think people associate it with being a anti-social and solo RPG game, when it can be just as social as X-box.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]