Figure print not good enough!

90 Tauren Warrior
http://paulsj.deviantart.com/#/d58pvi6

Figure print not good enough!

so i made my own 8" sculpture of Torage.

made by me using: A wooden platform, 3 Screws, Galvanized steel wire, newspaper, Aluminum foil, Super scuply brand sculpting clay, 2 pairs of pliers, a power drill, a hand cranked Clay roller, 4 piece rubber sculpting tool kit, an X-ACTO knife, 32 piece set of steel and wooden sculpting tools, tweezers, Elmer's glue, super glue, 16 piece brush kit, 1 can of Crylon brand flat black primer and A LOT of citadel brand model paint including ink washes, oil washes and foundation colors.

First i got a wooden base and made an armature from galvanized steel wire of various gauges.

Then i screwed the armature into the wooden base and added support to the frame and filled the empty spaces with newspaper.

After this is I wrapped the figure in crumpled aluminum foil (the clay likes to stick to it better than wire) followed by the first blocky shapes of clay sheets.

Using detailed schematics of my custom armor set I cut out the shapes of the armor plates from a flat sheet of clay.

After finishing up the details of the sculpture i baked it then painted it. First by primering it with flat black then using foundation paints to get the basic colors. Then highliting and coating it with oil washes to crate depth. then finished details like they face and insignias.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
That is freakin awesome dude. :) That is so cool. And it looks legit too! /kudos /salute.

You selling those services? :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
07/25/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Alistania

HMMMMMM yeah i kindof expected that question lol. it took ALOT of work to make something like this and if i was to sell a custom statue like this it would be several times more than the figure prints cost.

It did take me around 100 hours to make it including planning and pre-sketches. although something about half this size would be a bit faster.

if your srs though send me an in game mail idk if they want people selling fan art on the forums lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Looks awesome! :D
Reply Quote
That is a great model, Tor. The attention to detail shows.
Reply Quote
Nice work Tor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Holy dingus. That's astounding.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Damn nice job. Had me wondering when minotaur became a warhammer race. ^_^
Reply Quote
Damn nice! It's very moooooving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]