Locks in MoP...

90 Undead Warlock
As a devoted lock for going on 5 years now I find this funny.....

I knew about it also earlier, but I fully support Braindeadly initiative from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNOHr92m3M&feature=em-uploademail

The question is, at what point did the designer decide, that locks need to be twice as good in MoP as they were in Cata ? Didn't they already dominate the ladders ?

This start to get really ridiculous.
Let's think
* Blood fear - instant Fear, 8 second duration. 30 yard range. I remember that at some point in the past it had at least 10% of life cost - which is not that big for this OP ability, but now even this is gone ?
* Mannoroth Fury - yes, your Howl of Terror has now 50 yard range :D
* Harvest life - around 20% HP back for 6 second channelling :D
* Soul link - even better than on live

I mean YES, I can play a lock, I even have 85 lock now.
But I mean when oh when someone actually thought about what locks can do in PVP (arenas especially) in MoP. They will be total overlords ...
And please do not give PVE stuff to me. I somehow can't think that Soul Link or Insta fear was made for PVE.

I find all this crying about warlocks being OP quite amusing. We finally get defenses just like everyone else and all of the sudden everyone is crying and complaining about it because they can't faceroll us like they used to.

As a hunter he has an ability that makes him immune to where we can't cast on him and now we have one that makes us immune to his attacks as well. Sound quite fair to me the only difference his immunity doesn't disperse the damage absorbed over 20sec after it's done.

I find our class in a great spot because we finally have the defenses we've been needing to compete with other classes. Everyone fails to mention how they have had an immunity to our fear this last expansion if we try to chain it but they can chain-silence/chain-stun with no drawbacks? A 2 sec fear that is easily breakable by almost every class so that you hit the immunity mark like its nothing.

Again I say they are just mad because now we can defend ourselves as well instead of letting them faceroll us to death because we were silenced and all we can do is try and hopefully survive with what little life we were gaining back from our DoTs.

REVISED

Here's three vids I took yesterday right after updating the patch... YAY for whiners....I couldn't kill shizz...

Yea yea criticism you could have done this blah blah blah the point is the "damage" I'm doing.. I'm using the same gear I'm wearing right now.....at least in cata I'm able to last a little longer and ACTUALLY kill something even if they have a healer I can cc a little better than what I can now...

http://youtu.be/5UYyikYT5Ws

http://youtu.be/Oj6EhJzl_aA

http://youtu.be/co3LO0e9XC4

Compared to Cata now....

http://youtu.be/pzs5A9aIqNQ

http://youtu.be/qmtTj0jbbTc

http://youtu.be/ch0TQ8QuEF0
Edited by Tenblackguys on 7/30/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
That video made me laugh so hard.

Crying over mechanics and abilities he doesn't understand.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
07/25/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Paulywally
Post link to that thread so i can give them some constructive facts. please.

I would but it's on the EU forum lol. I think that's the only place they have class specific MoP forums. If you have a EU account I'll be more than happy to. lol

That video made me laugh so hard.

Crying over mechanics and abilities he doesn't understand.

And right on, that's the MAN tryin to bring us down again!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Everyone hide!!

The nerf fist is coming and we're all out of crisco.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I dunno u guys but I find amusing that all the QQ about warlocks ive seen so far is directed towards Lock/healer comps vs Double DPS.... and what normally happens is the bunch of idiots try to "roflstomp the lock with their burst" like they usually are able in live...

TBH I find healing in MoP WAYYYY TOO OP... Checkout how the lock even tho hes consistently killing himself (Remember Blood fear cost about the same as a life tap in live) every 5 secs + a hunter and ret burst and he doesnt drop below 80% hp...

That said, trololo Braindeadly! Locks now CAN deal with your burst.

L2p noob

Only thing I can see blizzard nerfing mid xpac is channels... Like to make them break on LOS cause in their current incarnation LOSing while getting an extra powerful channel might be a little OP :d
Edited by Frinkls on 7/26/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The guy making the thread is totally lost. I expected more when people try the same cata strats on MoP locks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
to be fair, 50yd howl is retarded if its true. Blood fear with no drawbacks is also pretty dumb.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
07/26/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Danaowns
to be fair, 50yd howl is retarded if its true. Blood fear with no drawbacks is also pretty dumb.

I agree on the Howl, but Blood Fear doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Many people have dispels, fear breaks, trinks and not to mention the DR.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
07/26/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Danaowns

MF doesn't work with Shadowfury so I'd assume it doesn't with howl.

For me the CD on Blood Fear was a pretty big drawback, pretty often I start casting fear a second time for if they trink.
I also like to fear everything in sight.
Edited by Ogarr on 7/26/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I'm wondering how much of the recent complaints about lock abilities is due to fear not breaking on damage. It doesn't seem that there was as many complaints before the recent patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

MF doesn't work with Shadowfury so I'd assume it doesn't with howl..

I guess everything but the blood fear part of his post is mindless qq. I'm sticking to my guns about blood fear though. Even with a 5 sec cooldown, an instant 30yd range cc that initially lasts 8 seconds and doesn't instantly break to damage just lowers the skill cap. Just being in line of sight of the lock means you can get feared, and you can't avoid it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
We've had at least 2 expansions worth of melee (pretty much everyone actually) having the basic strat of "mash cd's and zerg the lock". Now that we have some cd's seems the world is ending. Nevermind we are losing CC abilities vs live or our soul link is no longer mitigation.

So when melee kill us in their CD's we need to l2p, get a healer, game isn't balanced around 1v1, etc....however when we stack CD's to kill them (or even just counter their zerg) they scream like the butthurt prison shower choir.

Bloodfear is currently bugged to not break on dmg. Clearly that's being fixed/not going live. Plus nobody considers that blood fear is a horrible idea at higher rated play when lock CC chains are far more important than 1 instant cc. Its never the single fear that anyone dies in, its the 3x fears (once trinket is down and DR resets) + coil + pet silence while our bursty non lock team member actually pushes the kill.

Most of our job in RBG's is UA coverage for the real powerhouse dots (boomkin/firemage/spriest) whle rolling CC dr's on the enemy healers. Only in a duel is blood fear a good option. With the amount of non trinket fear counters though its not even that strong of an option since locks who pvp have learned to hardcast cast fear a long time ago and giving up 10% hp is more costly due to less self healing than live.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
07/27/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Danaowns
Even with a 5 sec cooldown, an instant 30yd range cc that initially lasts 8 seconds and doesn't instantly break to damage just lowers the skill cap. Just being in line of sight of the lock means you can get feared, and you can't avoid it.

Could be right, I haven't even used Blood Fear since the first time it was bugged (had no CD and cost no HP).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I may just be stupid here, but where is does it say that Blood Fear costs 10% HP? I've checked the talent calculators on this site and Wowhead and neither says anything about a health penalty. Is there a different site that's more up-to-date?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
For some reason they don't have the HP costs on any talent calculators, but I'm on beta right now and it's 10% max HP.

If only Unbound Will didn't cost 20%...
Edited by Ogarr on 7/27/2012 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well Braindeadly got his wish, check the latest Beta build on mmo-champ.

For the ones lazy to read: Blood Fear up to 10 sec cooldown, and Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, and DoT damage got nerfed.
Edited by Devïance on 7/27/2012 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
KC: You can cast and channel while moving, but doing so increases the cast time or channel period of the spell by 50%. Each cast reduces your movement speed by 10%, stacking up to 2 times.

I wonder how long those stacks last?

That is a whole lot of Aff nerfs though.

So anyone still considering Blood Fear?
Edited by Ogarr on 7/27/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Was really hoping to be able to actually have a bit of an advantage with a class the requires some skill... ie a simplicity tax of sorts.... but nope... Fire mages still doing more than competitive numbers, and aff is going to be middle of the pack.

Not sure why they didn't just nerf Blood Fear. The follow up nerf on, every single dot, our filler and even a glyph ffs... is pretty overkill... but hey thats blizz for ya.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]