Bi-Annual Celebration of Competition (Summer)

90 Human Warlock
Hello everyone! I'm back to announce a roleplaying event that will be coming up on Friday, August 17th. The Celebration of Competition is an Olympic-style event to be held at the Argent Tournament Grounds, starting at 2:00 PM Server Time. The Celebration will consist of food, drinks, souvenirs, and fun and games for all, as well as a few games and competitions that award prizes.

Signups for the games will take place at the southernmost stairs leading up to the Crusaders' Coliseum, starting right at 2:00 PM, which gives everyone an hour to get signed up before the games start. The games are completely optional (we'll need some onlookers, after all!). The games are as follows:

Outfit of Choice

Judges: Mindina, Catiana

Time: 3:00 PM ST

Description: Contestants are judged based on the appearance of their chosen outfit. Each contestant will be announced, go on stage, wait five seconds, turn 90º, wait five seconds, turn 90º, pick a pose of their choice to perform, and then leave the stage (you will not lose points for not following this directly...it merely allows us to see your outfit in all it's glory).

Prizes:
First Place: Enchant Wep = Mongoose
Second Place: Enchant Wep = Unholy
Third Place: Enchant Wep = Fiery

Dueling

Judges: Catiana, Aldrisian

Time: 4:00 PM ST

Description: Duelers will choose whether to engage in an actual duel, or a roll battle upon signing up. The duels will go on simultaneously. You -can- sign up for both.

Roll: A battle that takes place entirely in emotes. After each action, each player will roll to see if the action was successful. Attacks must be written as a "potential". Example:

"Catiana summons a fireball and shoots it towards Aldrisian."
Catiana rolls 38.
Aldrisian rolls 12.
"Aldrisian takes the fireball with a grunt, then rushes towards Catiana with his sword at the ready, attempting to slash into her chest."
Catiana rolls 90.
Aldrisian rolls 89.
"Catiana ducks out of the way, but just barely, landing on the dirty ground."

Judgement will be very important for this. For example, if Catiana is dueling with her husband and accidentally wounds him badly, she may fail her next roll due to the shock of hurting her husband. Catiana will be judging this.

Duel: A best-two-out-of-three, tournament style dueling match. The rules for this are as follows: Duelists may not leave the ring unless feared/mind controlled/etc., and leaving the ring will first result in a warning, and then disqualification if the offense is repeated. If a warning is issued, the round of dueling between the two starts over. Only self-buffs are allowed. Aldrisian will be judging this.

Prizes:
First Place: 500 gold
Second Place: 250 gold

Jousting

Judge: Honadan

Time: 5:30 PM ST

Description: A tournament-style jousting match. Jousters may not leave the ring. Similar to dueling, a warning will be given first, and then disqualification. The joust will reset upon a warning being given. It is believed that you must be at least level 77 to participate in this. Please, make sure you are able to joust before signing up!

Prizes:
First Place: 500 gold
Second Place: 250 gold

(continued below)
Edited by Catíana on 8/2/2012 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Long Fall

Judge: Catiana

Time: 6:30 PM ST

Description: Anyone with the ability to slow-fall (priests, engineers, etc.) may participate in this event. Contestants may stand wherever they would like on the hill, jump whenever they would like in the direction of the Grounds (NE), and may deploy their chosen slowfall method whenever they would like. Contestants must stand still when they touch the ground, or else be disqualified. Any damage taken also disqualifies the fallers. Once everyone has jumped, the judge will decided who has landed the farthest away from the hill. The one who has landed the absolute farthest from the hill wins.

Prizes:
First Place: 750 g value Mystery Prizes
Second Place: 500 g value Mystery Prizes
Third Place: 250 g value Mystery Prizes
(values are Auction House values)

Race

Judges: Catiana, Aldrisian

Location: Begins at the entrance to the Argent Tournament Grounds, right next to the bound magnataur.

Time: 7:00 PM ST

Description: A race through the grounds. Racers will start on go, and follow red flares along the race path. Significant shortcuts are not allowed. One judge will observe the racers alongside them, while the other judge will wait by the finish line. No speed boosts are allowed.

Prizes:
First Place: Lava Coral
Second Place: Queen's Garnet
Third Place: Shadow Spinel

Award Ceremony and Ball

Time: 7:30 PM ST

Description: Awards and "trophies" will be given to the winners of the events a the south stage. Then, a celebration will be held at The Bombardment airship (summons will be available, formal attire required). The night will wrap up with a fireworks show by Aldrisian.

(continued below)
Edited by Catíana on 7/26/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
All of the rules will be repeated upon request at signups, and at the beginning of every event.

This event will be entirely In Character, and is open to all roleplayers. If successful, I will repeat this event again during the winter. I will be making an ingame calendar event, so if you would like to attend but you do not see the calendar event, let me know here and I'll add you. Thanks everyone for reading! This is gonna be lots of fun! :D
Edited by Catíana on 7/26/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can judge the jousting of you want!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/26/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Honadan
I can judge the jousting of you want!!!

Actually, I was so hoping you would. :D All you have to do is make sure no one leaves the ring, give warnings/disqualifications, declare winners...I'll set everything else up, including who will be facing who. ^_^

Thank yooooou! :D
Reply Quote
I'm still going to show up at the dueling competition out of character. Then, at the award ceremony, I'm going to show up in my PvP gear and take my prize.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/26/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Soshajr
I'm still going to show up at the dueling competition out of character. Then, at the award ceremony, I'm going to show up in my PvP gear and take my prize.

That's not very nice... XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
07/26/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Soshajr

Might want to replace that 40 Crit gem in your chest first. ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Alright, all the details have been uploaded, so what you see above is complete. Looking forward to this! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Updated with some new info on Dueling.
Reply Quote
so about the dueling hmmmmmmmmm to show up or to not show up
Reply Quote
07/26/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Talents

Might want to replace that 40 Crit gem in your chest first. ><

LOL IDK WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
07/27/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Soshajr
LOL IDK WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT

you're welcome
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This event will be happening in just a few short weeks! I updated some of the info above, as well. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/12/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Agalladorn
Bump!

Agalladorn! What have you done to yourself!? You're so........ shiny and glowy and....... I think I like it haha
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Alright guys...due to the weird server restarts today and the resultant not having enough people for the event, I'm going to postpone this. :P Not sure of the new date yet, but I'll keep you guys updated!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Damn, that's a real shame. I was looking forward to going to it today.
Edited by Agalladorn on 8/20/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah...I logged on, sat around and listen to people be confused about the lack of people in SW, and by the time 2 Server came around, there were, like, six people in the channel. XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]