The Best (and Worst) of Cataclysm Awards

90 Gnome Priest
Now that the incompetent Alliance armed forces are about to crash the Skyfire into an inconspicuous turtle that's been having a good time wandering around the Great Sea, it seems like a good time for the Best (and Worst) of Cataclysm awards.

Make your suggestions for awards and who/what should win them. Anything goes - including "because it's not like Vanilla".

Just to get started off...

The Worst Trash Mob Pack of All Time goes to:

The Alexstrazsa whelps at Ultraxion!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
the best tier of cataclysm raiding: tier 11

the most underwhelming final boss of world of warcraft: deathwing

the character most obscenely mangled by cataclysm in lore: thrall. runner up: garrosh.

the least meaningful romance of all time: thrall and aggra

worst final boss cinematic of any video game ever: that !@#$ty one where alexstrasza revealed that aggra is pregnant

most boring fight of all time: spine of deathwing

least interesting plot twist of any story written in the last ten thousand years: the dragon aspects lose their powers.

level of interest in world of warcraft after cataclysm: minimal, only enough to stick around until something better comes around.

would i recommend this game to someone else: LOL
Edited by Kerrath on 7/25/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
And the "We Got too Excited About this New Game Mechanic and Way Overused it" award goes to.... *drumroll*

PHASING!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
to be fair, they started phasing in wotlk.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Yeah, but it wasn't overused in wrath... just terrible and annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
How about this...

Most Tedious load of Nonsense with Minimal Award: ARCHAEOLOGY!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I would vote for that one. I love my archaeology toys, but that grinding is kind of the worst grinding I've ever experienced.

I need to come up with an idea for this thread, instead of just rehashing everything everyone else said...

Best new pony (even though you can't really use it anywhere): SEAHORSE PONY ZAMGGGGGGGGGGG! I was SO PSYCHED when I got my seahorse, though I liked it better in beta when I could use it in any water.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Best thing in the history of ever award goes toooooooooo

TRANSMOG!!!

It's changed millions of lives and has made the game considerably more awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
07/25/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Kerrath
worst final boss cinematic of any video game ever: that !@#$ty one where alexstrasza revealed that aggra is pregnant

Say -WHA!?!

Okay how bout these apples

Questline that went from "Heehee neet" to "Was cool the first three times": Theludrin the Lost

Biggest kick to a Rogue's usefulness: Polished Brass Rivet
Polished brass rivets also wins the "one of the biggest drops in AH price" and the "most useless thing to stockpile Thanks to patch 4.3"

Most Painful Recipe to Farm for: Tie between High Society Tophat, and Rhinestone Sunglasses
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/27/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Hööch
Most Painful Recipe to Farm for: Tie between High Society Tophat, and Rhinestone Sunglasses

Should be renamed to the Most Hyped Recipe That Was Only In-Game One Week Before Blizzard Went Oops We Didn't Want You To Have That After All. That guy on the EU server is one lucky man.

Most Bizarre and Ugly Tier Armor Set That You Still Had to Farm To Get Just Because It Was So Bizarre (and I'm sure people will disagree with me): Hunter T11 Dead Murloc
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Best example of blizzard's hypocrisy: Refusing to change the way classes work in pve vs pvp for every class except for warriors. BRB, 50% colossus smash.
Reply Quote
That reminds me:
The award for toying with my emotions goes to Cataclysm because that timely Vengeance nerf made it seems like Blizzard actually cared about PvP.

But then they were like LOLJK and apparently are now putting in a bunch of new CCs in MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
the vengeance nerf did absolutely nothing to the state of pvp unless you're in 377 blues and fighting a cataclysmic blood dk, in which case the state of pvp is irrelevant because you are going to die anyway.

vengeance was easily managed and the only reason to ever bring a tank to pvp has not changed as a result.
Edited by Kerrath on 7/28/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/28/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Kerrath
vengeance was easily managed and the only reason to ever bring a tank to pvp has not changed as a result.

Healers and tank classes, due to their increased survivability, should have to sacrifice a certain amount of DPS as a result. The fact is that with Vengeance activating from players, they (blood DKs) weren't.

Whether or not it actually matters, though, the point is that unlike some of the other glaring problems with PvP, this one was actually dealt with swiftly. I don't remember Blizzard ever making a change that did not affect PvE somehow so quickly. I don't really PvP seriously, really don't do anything in game seriously, so it's not that huge of a deal for me, but it is how I spend a lot of my game time so it's nice to think that they actually pay attention to it sometimes. Except that you never know when or if that will happen, which is harder than knowing it won't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]