Open scavenger hunt, Friday Aug. 3rd

90 Blood Elf Mage
On Friday the 3rd of August, at 6 PM realm time (EST), I'll be hosting a short scavenger hunt open to all (Horde) players.

First prize: Five thousand gold.
Consolation prizes to all participants.

The outline;
- At the start, we'll form a raid group and gather at Orgrimmar's west gate (Ashenvale gate, Valley of Spirits).
- I'll then post clues in this thread to five random items from the game world. These can be located anywhere.
- The items will be grey or white quality items, usually procurable by vendors or as common mob drops.
- Contestants are free to pursue the items in any order and by any means.
- The first player to return all five items to me, by opening a trade window and presenting them all, will be the winner.

Things to bring;
- up to an hour of free time
- patience with my quirky clues
- extra hearthstones (like guild cloaks) and teleporters (Dalaran rings, wormhole generators, etc) to gain a travel advantage
- web browser with wowhead, wowpedia or similar online resources open
- some knowledge of the game world outside of Orgrimmar, since you'll be heading out there
- a good mood, a quick mind and an urge to compete for gold and glory

Come one, come all! It might be frustrating, it might be fun - and it might be an easy five thousand gold in your pocket for a few minutes of your time.

If you're interested in participating, I'd be happy to know in advance.:-)

To Alliance players - I'm sorry, but I'm unable to host a dual-faction contest at this time - but if this one works out, I'll definitely consider setting one up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just as an FYI; the contest is still on, and I hope to see many of you tonight for a quick shot at some petty cash. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sadly, there were no takers outside of guild, once it came down to it. I do thank the players that expressed an interest during the last week, though. Maybe we'll give this a shot again at a later time. :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]