WoW Summer Challenge: July 26 - Aug 1 Mag +

Community Manager
Every week this summer, we’re challenging you to get together with a few friends to explore a part of Azeroth that you may not have seen in a while, or perform a feat that you may have never done. We’re calling them World of Warcraft Summer Challenges, and we’re going to be playing along with you as we hunt down rare achievements, get screenshots of amazing bosses, and try to find some rare gear for our transmogrification sets.

This week's challenge: Magtheridon, Hyjal, and Gruul

In this thread, we're talking about this week's challenge, posting stories about experiences completing it, and linking to screenshots.

Furthermore, if you've thought of something awesome to do while exploring the Battle For Mount Hyjal, Magtheridon's Lair, and Gruul's Lair (that we didn't include in the blog post), this is the place to say so!
Edited by Kaivax on 7/26/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
A curious combination of raids that seem to have little to do with one another.

Perhaps an indication that MoP was originally expected to be released later, and the Summer Challenges were bunched up together to get them all done by Sept. 25?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Why is it that the molten fury fist weapons are not listed under the desirable gear? They are awesome looking fist weapons!
Reply Quote
It must be hard to keep coming up with different Summer Challenges that aren't raids, esp. since many of the non-Cataclysm raids have been used (except for ICC, ToC, SSC, TK, Ony, SW, RS). Maybe that's why they're soliciting new ideas from the community now (e.g., Convert to Raid podcast).

FYI Neth - your original post still references Naxx (in the final paragraph). :)
Edited by Glommerwort on 7/26/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/26/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Wrexis
Why is it that the molten fury fist weapons are not listed under the desirable gear? They are awesome looking fist weapons!

Ohhh... good catch.

I'm adding those to the list.
Reply Quote
7 Human Hunter
Give us a real summer challenge! Bring back the spirit of competition with new London Olympic themed pets. People have been running old raids for months waiting for MoP.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Warlock
I personally think the Tempest of Chaos, from the BfMH, should be added to the list. If it isn't too much trouble, that is... It is one SWEET looking one hander. =P
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I personally think the Tempest of Chaos, from the BfMH, should be added to the list. If it isn't too much trouble, that is... It is one SWEET looking one hander. =P

Totally agree.

Added! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6805713
Reply Quote
20 Undead Rogue
Are we really meant to be "foiling" Nozdormu's plans (per Twitter post)?

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/228546604532113408
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Kaivax, with all these old raids it would be helpful to see the number of attendees required to get credit for a guild group. It's a lot easier to get 8 guild members to show up for these old dungeons than 20+ members. I know the information is out there, but I'd just like to see it part of these posts.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You mean those things I solo every week in 30 minutes for 0 gold? :(

EDIT: Well, ok. Not Hyjal, and not lately because I'm sooooo bored. But yea. Wish Mag still dropped gold. TK and SSC is nice though for gold.

Did I mention I only do this for gold?
Edited by Amerali on 7/26/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Run them now before the gold is removed and you can't run them regularly anymore. Gold is not why I run old dungeons, but running them is very time consuming, and the gold allows me to focus on the soloing, and not have to go farm herbs or do dailies.

Please Blizzard, undo this
Edited by Hefizar on 7/26/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You contradict yourselves in saying that you dont't want to force people to do anything they don't want to. Removing this gold would force me to do dailies, which I have no intention of doing. Again, please don't do this
Reply Quote
13 Troll Shaman
Why not just tell people to go do old content crap until MoP is released, instead of doing a write up about "challenges". I haven't done not one challenge you guys have presented. Heck, I haven't even fully read your challenges. I expect you are just saying, go to the old raids and kill bosses.

...k.

And is it true? You are removing the ability to earn gold in the old dungeons? I no longer have 0% interest in running old raid content. I have -100% interest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]