Come support my idea!!

85 Human Paladin
Come support my idea, about mergeing with other realm more info.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201550111#1
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I figure we could get someone to represent this server with this issue who could clearly state the issue wrong, give a detailed explanation to why server problems like these shouldn't be going on, and effectively and ultimately getting actual attention on the issue.

Instead, we got a 13 year old saying "we r dunt hve enough people for my rated bgs! ... rated bgs!!! u knw how wrong ths is?!?!?!"

...oh god. rofl
Edited by Charmless on 7/26/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It's definitely pretty dead right now Hammerhuman, however, I honestly think Lethon will be fine when MoP comes out. We were a mid-medium pop. server prior to everyone deciding to quit WoW until MoP, so I assume we will be back to that status again come a week prior to expansion. Lethon has a solid group of players both PVE and PVP, nothing remotely close to that of KT...but what do you expect when the No. 1 players in the game decide to make a super guild and just so happen to plant it on Nightfall. With multiple 2500 experienced PVP players and stupidly geared PVE'ers completeing content on the server we will always be right there in the middle of the road, if you want more.....xfer out and troll our forums. Seems to work for most. Long live lethon.... and Incline bench press.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
On topic: this thread's been done a million times, Hammerhuman, and you're not gonna bring anything new or interesting to it.

Off topic:

"we" wtf
"represent lethon" wtf
drunken ape grammar wtf

He's talkin' about the Lethon server and its players, not the forum for the Lethon server and its trolls.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum/topic/5149010966#14

a terrible place called Lethon

stay clear of there <3

Please take your own advice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
On topic: this thread's been done a million times, Hammerhuman, and you're not gonna bring anything new or interesting to it.

Off topic:

"we" wtf
"represent lethon" wtf
drunken ape grammar wtf

He's talkin' about the Lethon server and its players, not the forum for the Lethon server and its trolls.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum/topic/5149010966#14

a terrible place called Lethon

stay clear of there <3

Please take your own advice.

'nuff said.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
lethon is fine like it is.
stop talking bout merge plz, it wont happen.
if ur not happy cause u cant get carried enuff, just xfer and become unknown on another server
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hammerhuman you are going to have to be more articulate in defining the problem if you are trying to get help. I applaud you for taking action instead of whining though, but I can't really find a problem with Lethon and how horrible it is as some people claim. You only need 10 players for rated BG and there's more than enough players on this server. Last I check, it was still a medium size server. Guilds are not raiding now since old content has been defeated and due to Diablo III and MoP Xpac is coming out. If you look at this message board, there's a couple of guilds who are recruiting to raid. Blizz has said they are going to use cross-realm technology to help with leveling areas. So what's the problem?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The queen say NO!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It honestly seems like you're trolling. Are you really so jaded that you honestly believe that nothing is wrong with Lethon?

There are 2-3 viable raiding guilds per faction, and 1-2 PvP guilds per faction. It's true that you only need 10 people to perform either of those activities, but to be viable, you at least need people who are competent. Lethon has maybe 5% of people that can perform those activities correctly. Guessing that there are no more than 900 people that played on Lethon post 4.1, including alts, that would put you at 45 people. And for alliance, that sucks, because those 45 all reside on horde now.

Expansions can bring some people back, but it won't bring back 100% of the people that quit during Cata, so expect those numbers to dwindle. So, there is a problem, especially when you see the wide selection of guilds on higher pop servers. Sure, you can see the same people in Org or SW whenever, but WoW is a lobby-based game at this point, so who cares about seeing familiar faces AFKing on their mounts. Until they support x-realm raiding for current tiers of content, smaller pop servers will always suffer.

So yes, there's a problem, even if you can't see it through your LFR and random BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/28/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Joii
And for alliance, that sucks, because those 45 all reside on horde now.

MY DENTAL ABSCESS SAYS HI. And corrections: 30/45 of those people were already on horde. The other 15 are just hitching a ride!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
if ur not happy cause u cant get carried enuff, just xfer and become unknown on another server

That's exactly what you did, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Someone's extremely rude these days ;]
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Joii, The OP defined the problem in his linked post as: not enough people to quest with or be available for profession services, raiding and rated battleground. His solution was to enlist our help to convince us to him lobby Blizzard to combine Lethon with another realm to improve the pop and solve the problem. I was trying to point out the fallacy of his argument by pointing out we already have enough players to do those things, we are a medium size server and many players are inactive until MOP.

What you are describing is a level of skill problem which is an entirely a different issue or I misunderstood the OP's intention. And no I was not trying to troll him or speak to him in a disrespectful tone. I'm glad he is taking action and being proactive rather than whining about it. And yes, to answer your shot at me, I am a casual player who do enjoy random BGs and yes my PvP scores suck blah blah but I enjoy the game as it is and love this server and the connections I made here.

Anyway, isn't it unfair to compare Lethon to one of those highly populated rock star servers? Just because your spouse or girlfriend doesn't look like a supermodel, doesn't mean you leave them or have to be unhappy they aren't something they can be.

What's yours or anyone solution to fixing the skill problem?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You mentioned the problem in your post Holyraptor "I am a casual player who random bg's and pvp scores suck", I'm glad you enjoy "losing" at the game. However, for individuals who enjoy "winning" it would be very nice to have a larger pool of individuals to take from OUR server and be competitive. As soon as the talented group of players that participated in the Champion RBG team I led quit... probably 20-25 people right there at 2400 rating disassembled due to lack of content I began to lead teams with the excuse "I'm casual" aka "I have no idea what i'm doing, so I need an excuse to make up for not knowing anything about my class or other classes" my rating dropped EXPEDIENTLY, I still had a good time tho. No hard feelings. <-- translated to "Seriously guys, you're useless"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok Deadpanther, I think I understand your guys point of view better now. We are getting to the heart of the issue. I wouldn't say I enjoy losing the game. I want to win as much as anyone else but I'll admit I don't share your level of commitment to the game to be a hardcore PvPer. Does that make me a bad wow player? What do we do to get more or make serious skilled hardcore players on this server and how can we help?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You mentioned the problem in your post Holyraptor "I am a casual player who random bg's and pvp scores suck", I'm glad you enjoy "losing" at the game. However, for individuals who enjoy "winning" it would be very nice to have a larger pool of individuals to take from OUR server and be competitive. As soon as the talented group of players that participated in the Champion RBG team I led quit... probably 20-25 people right there at 2400 rating disassembled due to lack of content I began to lead teams with the excuse "I'm casual" aka "I have no idea what i'm doing, so I need an excuse to make up for not knowing anything about my class or other classes" my rating dropped EXPEDIENTLY, I still had a good time tho. No hard feelings. <-- translated to "Seriously guys, you're useless"

You must be new. If you want a talented group pool of players to play with, you would of never started a character on this server. Duelists that try to boost their ego to a bunch of scrubs like Hammerhuman, classic Lethon.

When's the last time anyone's hit glad on this server? rofl

Also, since when is 2400 in a COMPLETELY dead season "winning" at this game anyways? hahahaha. or are you talking about 2400 in rated bgs? I heard rated bgs are hard.... ahahahahahahahahahaha. you nerds make my stomach hurt.

inb4 worthless murmurs about how you bench-press 45 pounds
Edited by Charmless on 7/29/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

i didnt xfered to get carried or hit any high rating.
i xfered just to play the game with my IRL friends.
i actually still have some toons on Lethon and i enjoy loggin on to troll trade chat a bit ^^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Someone's extremely rude these days ;]

I'm rough babeeeh! :>

i didnt xfered to get carried or hit any high rating.
i xfered just to play the game with my IRL friends.
i actually still have some toons on Lethon and i enjoy loggin on to troll trade chat a bit ^^

I like your answer. You, sir, are great! <3

We should make out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Need more discussion and attention to this thread. Go! Go! Go!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Wasn't trying to insult your skill, more of a "see the forest through the trees".

That being said, higher pop servers are just better. More people, while having more people with only 12 keybinds, also increases the number of people that can strategically hit their buttons to effectively kill someone.

Blizzard's creating this faux perception of questing zones being populated with that whole implementation. In reality, the only way Blizzard can fix low pop servers, is just to remove servers all together. It's a monumental task, but it's the only way to give everyone that equal opportunity.

And hey, if they did that, Zarlin could come back to trade chat, while still sitting in two-tier old gear, and acting like he was doing something worthwhile!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]