"Prey of the Weak" (new 75 talent)

Prey on the Weak (New) When you disable an enemy with Kidney Shot, Cheap Shot, Gouge, Sap, or Blind, they suffer 10% increased damage from all sources for the duration of the effect.

Not sure what this is replacing yet, but I'd still see no reason to take this over Dirty Tricks unless that were to get moved. And what's the point of Gouge, Sap, and Blind on there? It's gonna break the duration right away when the target takes damage
Edited by Mgssidley on 7/27/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
WTB useful PvE talent.
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Rogue
Good idea, poorly executed imo... Like you said, Gouge/Sap/Blind effect is completely useless hahaha. Maybe they meant it lasts for like 5 seconds after the CC breaks, but nice job with the poor wording Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
fail... just read correctly
Edited by Wíldcard on 7/27/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
"NEW" AJAJAJJAJA
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
07/27/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Mgssidley
It's gonna break the duration right away when the target takes damage

Not exactly - If you have Dirty Tricks then Blind and Gouge will not break on your DoTs. Plus the first attack that breaks them might get the damage increase too. I'm actually pretty excited about this, especially since most of our bust is done in stuns. (at least for sub and probably combat - assassination is pretty good atm I hear so that shouldn't be an issue)

Personally I'd guess it will replace nerve strike; maybe the level requirement is wrong? Especially cause that would break the synergy it has with DT....
Edited by Haileaus on 7/27/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Gnome Warrior
it replaces deadly brew

which is crap, why replace a good talent with a boring talent?

i thought they were getting AWAY from this small passive damage boost stuff, and they replaced a interesting (alltho also passive) talent with it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
07/27/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Haileaus
Not exactly - If you have Dirty Tricks then Blind and Gouge will not break on your DoTs. Plus the first attack that breaks them might get the damage increase too. I'm actually pretty excited about this, especially since most of our bust is done in stuns. (at least for sub and probably combat - assassination is pretty good atm I hear so that shouldn't be an issue)
\

Its a level 75 talent and thus you cant have it and dirty tricks

In addition the general though is that it will replace DB, which means you will not be able to take leeching poison in PvP due to the fact that you will be without any slow as a melee class if you do.

Good idea...not sure about the placement.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
"Everyone nuke the Sapped guy in 5....4....3....2...."
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
For those that didnt see the beta forums post:

Blue stated that DB is now a PvP set bonus because they felt it was a mandatory PvP talent and was only highly situational in PvE.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I like this change. Adds much more use to paralytic poison since its not competing with DB. Also, that new talent does look fun and useful as well.

Yes I would like a useful pve talent.

Forgot you can't have dirty tricks, and I should've read above me before posting :(
Edited by Petriim on 7/27/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Gnome Warrior
For those that didnt see the beta forums post:

Blue stated that DB is now a PvP set bonus because they felt it was a mandatory PvP talent and was only highly situational in PvE.

so our set bonus makes crippling less...wanted i guess. still, that just gives leeching poison more weight imo cuz no way id give up dirty tricks for paralyze poison.

not too mention being able to shiv 70% slow is useful in itself, granted shiving a root is moreso ...but again...dirty tricks.

edit: and the blizz dude posted again stating the adding of gouge, blind and sap to it is just for that one hit that breaks it...so again...useless there..its main point is just for CS/KS.

and as crappy as the talents are for PVE...i bet the prey on the weak will be the no brainer for that tier only maybe threated by again...dirty tricks.

i hate paralytic poison so much because after your opponnent is immune to it, you have to specn 1.5-3 seconds replacing it or have a COMPLETLY USELESS poison on hand.

maybe change it so when your target is immune to your paralytic stuns you can change the pioson instantly instead of cast.
Edited by Gnomemercy on 7/27/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
i hate paralytic poison so much because after your opponnent is immune to it, you have to specn 1.5-3 seconds replacing it or have a COMPLETLY USELESS poison on hand.

maybe change it so when your target is immune to your paralytic stuns you can change the pioson instantly instead of cast.

In a PvP environment where targets won't be living as long and you'll constantly be switching, you probably won't see most people lasting long enough to become immune. Not only that, but once the target is immune (which should happen rarely) they won't be immune once the dr resets.

Its not like they become permanently immune to the poison.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
A stunlock talent? Really?

How many people are flipping tables over this already? xD
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
This makes me very happy, as it gives our fifth tier something actually useful for solo play. Also looks to be good on Spirit Kings and Will of the Emperor (and possibly some other encounters in Mists T1 that involve CC, I don't know them well yet). Color me pleased.
Reply Quote
37 Gnome Warrior

In a PvP environment where targets won't be living as long and you'll constantly be switching, you probably won't see most people lasting long enough to become immune. Not only that, but once the target is immune (which should happen rarely) they won't be immune once the dr resets.

Its not like they become permanently immune to the poison.

still, the fact that it does NOTHING for you until it procs that last charge is annoying, id like it if it did some small other benefit in that time.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Damn it, they're replacing DB?! That was integral to my build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]