LF PVP ADDONS!

Hello all!
I am looking for a couple of display addons mainly aimed towards PvP.
I am mainly after ones that do some of the following:
1. one that would dispaly when i am entering and leaving combat
2. one that alerts me when enemies have used both ofensive and defensive CD's, also keep track of their timers
3. a good ui frame that shows me health and effects (including CC and CD's) of both team and enemy team.
4. also any other good addons! especially for hunter!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
07/28/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Ninjata
1. one that would dispaly when i am entering and leaving combat

Most combat text AddOns should be able to do this:
http://vranx.com/combat.htm#combattext

2. one that alerts me when enemies have used both ofensive and defensive CD's, also keep track of their timers

http://vranx.com/pvp.htm

Icicle and Enemy CD and Interrupt Bar can track cooldowns, combat text AddOns can probably announce them as they're used (as can GladiatorlosSA).

3. a good ui frame that shows me health and effects (including CC and CD's) of both team and enemy team.

Gladius/AUF in the PvP section I linked above can handle the enemy team and announce when they use their trinkets and other cooldowns. LoseControl can add CC durations to friendly and enemy unit frames.
Reply Quote
ty ur amazing!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Looking for an addon that makes my target HIGHLY visible, especially when its one of several similar mobs so i can tell at a glance if im facing it and close enough and not have to read that up on my screen (checking my buttons for glowing procs to click). Closest i found was Tidyplates with names off so only my target has a name, but thats still not visible enough for me.

In EQ, there was a big ring around the main target's feet so you could tell what your groups target was. That was an ingame feature. Anything similar to that as an add on?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
We can modify and/or anchor stuff to the default nameplates, but that's as close as we can get to modifying anything in the 3D world. It would be reasonably simple to write an AddOn that attaches a texture to your target's nameplate, would this one be suitable?

http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artbrowser/Interface/COMMON/VOICECHAT-MUTED.png
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
I've just written the AddOn I talked about in my previous post, using the texure I linked as the default one.

To make the AddOn, copy/paste the code blocks below into their own empty text documents and save them with the specified name/extension (capitalisation is important). Make sure you don't save them as .txt files. Once you have both files, move them to a new folder called TargetNameplateIndicator in your Interface\AddOns\ folder.

You'll also need to install LibNameplate for this to function (it's installed like any other AddOn):
http://www.wowace.com/addons/libnameplate-1-0/

TargetNameplateIndicator.toc## Title: TargetNameplateIndicator
## Interface: 40300
## Notes: Puts a texture on your target's nameplate to make them stand out. Configure by editing the options at the top of core.lua.
## Author: Choonster
## Dependencies: LibNameplate-1.0

core.lua

core.lua-- These three variables control the appearance of the texture.
local TEXTURE_PATH = "Interface\\COMMON\\VOICECHAT-MUTED" -- The path of the texture file you want to use
local TEXTURE_HEIGHT = 25 -- The height/width of the texture. Using a height:width ratio different to that of the texture file may result in distortion.
local TEXTURE_WIDTH = 25

-- These four variables control how the texture is anchored to the nameplate.
-- Used in texture:SetPoint(TEXTURE_POINT, nameplate, ANCHOR_POINT, OFFSET_X, OFFSET_Y)
-- See http://www.wowpedia.org/API_Region_SetPoint for explanation.
local TEXTURE_POINT = "BOTTOM" -- The point of the texture that should be anchored to the nameplate.
local ANCHOR_POINT = "TOP" -- The point of the nameplate the texture should be anchored to.
local OFFSET_X = 0 -- The x/y offset of the texture relative to the anchor point.
local OFFSET_Y = 5

-------------------
-- END OF CONFIG --
-------------------
-- Do not change anything below here.

local addon, ns = ...
local LibNameplate = LibStub("LibNameplate-1.0")

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
local texture = f:CreateTexture("TargetNameplateIndicatorTexture", "OVERLAY")
texture:SetTexture(TEXTURE_PATH)
texture:SetHeight(TEXTURE_HEIGHT)
texture:SetWidth(TEXTURE_WIDTH)

local function CallbackFunc(callback, nameplate)
texture:ClearAllPoints()
texture:SetPoint(TEXTURE_POINT, nameplate, ANCHOR_POINT, OFFSET_X, OFFSET_Y)
end

LibNameplate.RegisterCallback(addon, "LibNameplate_TargetNameplate", CallbackFunc)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Tried it as you said, didnt work for me but thanks for trying. Not going to sweat it, im now honestly eyeing the exit out of here for good in the next few months. I have no hope that MoP will be any good for my main Warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
After some testing, I've got the AddOn working properly.

Here's the new core.lua code:-- These three variables control the appearance of the texture.
local TEXTURE_PATH = "Interface\\COMMON\\VOICECHAT-MUTED" -- The path of the texture file you want to use
local TEXTURE_HEIGHT = 25 -- The height/width of the texture. Using a height:width ratio different to that of the texture file may result in distortion.
local TEXTURE_WIDTH = 25

-- These four variables control how the texture is anchored to the nameplate.
-- Used in texture:SetPoint(TEXTURE_POINT, nameplate, ANCHOR_POINT, OFFSET_X, OFFSET_Y)
-- See http://www.wowpedia.org/API_Region_SetPoint for explanation.
local TEXTURE_POINT = "BOTTOM" -- The point of the texture that should be anchored to the nameplate.
local ANCHOR_POINT = "TOP" -- The point of the nameplate the texture should be anchored to.
local OFFSET_X = 0 -- The x/y offset of the texture relative to the anchor point.
local OFFSET_Y = 5

-------------------
-- END OF CONFIG --
-------------------
-- Do not change anything below here.

local addon, ns = ...
local LibNameplate = LibStub("LibNameplate-1.0")

local UnitGUID = UnitGUID

local parent = CreateFrame("Frame")
local texture = parent:CreateTexture("TargetNameplateIndicatorTexture", "OVERLAY")
texture:SetTexture(TEXTURE_PATH)
texture:SetHeight(TEXTURE_HEIGHT)
texture:SetWidth(TEXTURE_WIDTH)

local TARGET_GUID;
local CURRENT_NAMEPLATE;
local CALLBACK_FIRED = false

local function UpdateIndicator(callback, nameplate)
CURRENT_NAMEPLATE = nameplate

if nameplate then
texture:Show()
texture:ClearAllPoints()
texture:SetPoint(TEXTURE_POINT, nameplate, ANCHOR_POINT, OFFSET_X, OFFSET_Y)
else
texture:Hide()
end

TARGET_GUID = UnitGUID("target")
end

local function OnTargetChanged(callback, nameplate)
CALLBACK_FIRED = true
UpdateIndicator(callback, nameplate)
-- print("TNI: Callback fired")
end

local function OnNameplateHidden(callback, nameplate)
if nameplate == CURRENT_NAMEPLATE then
UpdateIndicator()
end
end

LibNameplate.RegisterCallback(addon, "LibNameplate_TargetNameplate", OnTargetChanged)
LibNameplate.RegisterCallback(addon, "LibNameplate_RecycleNameplate", OnNameplateHidden)

-- LibNameplate doesn't fire the TargetNameplate callback when the player targets a unit that doesn't have a nameplate or clears their target,
-- so we need to watch for PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED and update the indicator's position manually if the callback hasn't fired.

local THROTTLE = 0.1
local timer = THROTTLE

local TIMEOUT = 1.0 -- If we haven't updated the indicator 1 second after PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED fires, hide the OnUpdate frame.
local timeout = TIMEOUT

local function OnUpdate(self, elapsed)
timer = timer - elapsed
timeout = timeout - elapsed
if timer > 0 then return end
timer = THROTTLE

if not CALLBACK_FIRED and UnitExists("target") and UnitGUID("target") ~= TARGET_GUID then
local nameplate = LibNameplate:GetTargetNameplate()
if nameplate ~= CURRENT_NAMEPLATE then
self:Hide()
UpdateIndicator(nil, nameplate)
-- print("TNI OnUpdate: Target Changed")
return
end
end

if timeout <= 0 then
timeout = TIMEOUT
-- print("TNI Timeout")
end
end

local function OnEvent(self, event, ...)
if event == "PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED" then
timeout = TIMEOUT
CALLBACK_FIRED = false
if UnitExists("target") then
self:Show()
else
UpdateIndicator()
end
end
end

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED")
f:SetScript("OnEvent", OnEvent)
f:SetScript("OnUpdate", OnUpdate)
-- f:SetScript("OnShow", function() print("TNI Frame Shown") end)
-- f:SetScript("OnHide", function() print("TNI Frame Hidden") end)
Edited by Choonster on 7/31/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
I've just published the working version to Curse and WoW Interface.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/targetnameplateindicator
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21391-TargetNameplateIndicator.html

Edit: Both sites have approved it now.
Edited by Choonster on 7/31/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]