Best PvE Dps Class of MoP

90 Human Paladin
I love Doing amazing Dps No matter what I play so which is current the top like 5 dps classes of MoP Thanks :)?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1) Numbers aren't final yet
2) The top DPS out of the gate will be the first to get nerfed
3) Unless you are topping WoL parses, the spec that does the best DPS is the one that you can play the best.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
From what I hear, Monk Tanks are the best dps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I could never choose a class based on it being the highest statistical dps at that moment in time... as is the cycle of things, those on top, will be nerfed. So why not stick with the class you love?
Edited by Melalindir on 7/27/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Play the class EVERYBODY abandons, and take satisfaction in beating people with broken mechanics.
Reply Quote
14 Undead Mage
07/29/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Luciferkrist
Play the class EVERYBODY abandons, and take satisfaction in beating people with broken mechanics.

haha that's why my warlock has been my main from vanilla. that and every other class is too much derp.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Mages have always been among the top in dps. Maybe not always #1 but definatly top 3 at all times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Mages as usual.
Warlocks and Shamans will be gimped, as usual too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
[quote="62010726202"]I could never choose a class based on it being the highest statistical dps at that moment in time... as is the cycle of things, those on top, will be nerfed. So why not stick with the class you love?[/quote...]

I respect this point of view, and players willing to stick to the class they love. But there also a lot of fun posting big dos numbers too so I will rarely complain if folks want to re roll each patch.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
if you want to play it safe, go mage.

I can't really think of a time when they weren't amongst the top damage-dealing classes... I don't know which other class I'd say that for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I hate mages. GRRR!
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Hunter
not that i'm saying mage is a bad choice, but some people here clearly dont remember where "getting sunwelled" came from
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
08/20/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Madearthen
not that i'm saying mage is a bad choice, but some people here clearly dont remember where "getting sunwelled" came from

Yes. The one and only instance that mages weren't top flight dps.
And we've been hearing about it ever since. It's not like any other classes have ever been sat before or since.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
08/20/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Madearthen

Most players are wrath babies at this point. They've learned A LOT since Sunwell as well, this game is nowhere near the game it was back then.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

It's beta, but that's how it's looking for now.
Edited by Jäckßäuer on 8/21/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

It's beta, but that's how it's looking for now.

Remember that in this case "it's beta" doesn't just mean "MoP is still in beta so these numbers could change before release" but also means "MoP Simulationcraft is still in its beta so these numbers are almost certainly not accurate as there are still many bugs present in the simulator."

At least that's more or less what both the simcraft developers & Blizzard have both been saying :<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yes. The one and only instance that mages weren't top flight dps.
And we've been hearing about it ever since. It's not like any other classes have ever been sat before or since.

My guild never went without Mages for any boss in Sunwell, our best Mage actually came out on top on our first Brutallus kill, and here's SK Gaming's world3/eu1 video, complete with 3 Mages:

http://www.sk-gaming.com/video/6017-SK_Gaming_vs_Brutallus_Movie

Mages were very good dps then, too, they just weren't quite as potent as stacked ds/destro Locks+Spriest debuffs, and they required a 3rd Curse. I mean, I agree with the aim of your post, but I'm just saying that in constantly reminding us about how terrible things were in Sunwell for them, Mages cannot actually contradict the statement that "Mages have always been great dps".

On-topic, Mages.
Edited by Mnevis on 8/26/2012 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Remember DKs at wrath launch?

Monks will be the shiny new overturned toy. It wont so much be that they will be OP (they will), it will be that monks are designed for lvl 90 and all other classes tweaked to match them.

Disclaimer; No beta data behind above statement, just going off what happened last time they introduced a new class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
That simcraft has combustion hitting for an average of 46k, that can't possibly be right can it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]