Razer Naga or Steelseries WoW Mouse?

85 Worgen Warrior
I currently have the Steelseries World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse (http://steelseries.com/products/games/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-mmo-gaming-mouse) and I was looking around Best Buy and saw the Razer Naga (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_CA/pd/productID.169418900). I tried the Razer Naga at my friend's house and it was pretty awesome. The layout is simple and it felt great. I've been using the WoW MMO mouse for about a year now and it does have some wear and tear but works fine. The button placement however can get a little confusing for me whenever I'm playing even though I know which buttons I've assigned too.

So, I'm asking the community. In your opinion which mouse is better?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I know for a fact that its hard for me to use other mouse than my naga though 12 buttons feel excessive to me but perhaps its not for you :3?

I don't have any problems with it but if you own a mac I hear there maybe problems with WoW can't say much as some other guy had issues with his action bars constantly being reset.

But once you get used to how the naga is it is really hard to go back to a normal mouse xD. Wish I bought the blue one to match my comp's theme though only regret :\. Helps with those hard to reach buttons 7-12 and I use it for everyday things as well
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd probably recommend Naga over SteelSeries gears; I've heard a lot of horror stories regarding the reliability of the SteelSeries WoW mouse. They supposedly break down a lot.
90 Undead Mage
Yes steelseries breakdown fast. Barely used mine for a year and it randomly stops working and the buttons dont work 100% of the time
2 Human Warlock
While I am sure Steelseries makes some quality products, very few products can compare to Razer for overall quality and performance. Logitech is probably the closest imo.
90 Orc Shaman
07/26/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Rillem
Yes steelseries breakdown fast. Barely used mine for a year and it randomly stops working and the buttons dont work 100% of the time

Steelseries has about the same build quality as the $5 mice you see on endcaps near the registers at Micro Center. Cheap plastic all the way, I don't know anyone that had one of those last more than a few months. Usually after a few months, the paint rubs off, buttons stop working, etc. Sure, I've got a couple of those $5 mice and keyboards sitting around for emergencies...but I don't use them on a regular basis nor do I expect them to hold up when I do use them. But I paid $5 for them, that's acceptable. Paying $100 for something with that level of build quality is not acceptable.
Edited by Mogrigg on 7/27/2012 5:59 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
I've used Razer peripherals, including the Naga, for years. I use the Naga for MMOs and FPSs, and it seems responsive enough to handle both well. I tried a Steelseries MMO mouse a while back, and returned it in less than a week. It worked, but the layout wasn't comfortable for me to use and the tool at the time lacked a lot of customization that I really want in a mouse that's loaded to the hilt with buttons.
28 Worgen Druid
I can't personally speak for the SteelSeries WoW mouse (though I've heard horror stories about it's poor construction), but I own both a Razer Naga and Logitech G700, and hands-down the G700 wins by miles.

Far more comfortable and ergonomic, plenty of buttons without the Naga's overkill, and unlike the Naga the shape makes it easy to keep a grip on the mouse to reposition it with the right button down while turning (unless you're a keyboard turner and that doesn't matter to you, then just use whatever $10 mouse you find at Walmart or something). Can't do that with the Naga without accidentally pressing buttons, as there's no 'safe' place to grip your thumb in the heat of battle.

G700. Best gaming mouse you can get for under $100.
90 Human Death Knight
i bought a razor one best thing i ever did :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
G700 is the best because using the buttons is very comfortable (you will never hit the wrong button) and do you really need as many buttons as the naga has? its a bit overkill and the bottom row on the number grid is barely usable anyways.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I own the razer naga epic, the wireless one with the dock. It works great as I have had it for a year and 2 months. Just have to remember to update drivers. I do remember it being a bit buggy after a few times I switch from wireless to corded, and a few bugs when the light doesn't work (light doesn't work currently anymore) but I still say it functions good. My only issue is that buttons near my palm like 9-12 are hard to get to comfortably without changing your grip.

If I could do it over, I'd probably get the Logitech. I only got the razer for the name.
90 Gnome Death Knight
logitech G600
90 Undead Death Knight
I've used the wow cata mouse for a bit over 2 years and only 2 months ago did I have to get a replacement. What goes into how long an item lasts is the user. If the user takes their rage out on any tech device, the lifetime of that item will fall quickly. However, there are manufacturers who have that in mind and put a bit more time into creating the item. I've bought several logitech mice years ago and had to send them back just due to them not working properly. Razer, eh, too small for my hands, yes, I've got big hands lol.

anyhoo, old topic but felt the need to be social.
90 Draenei Shaman
Dear god I can't believe people pay that much money for mice and keyboards.
86 Worgen Druid
01/24/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Parmazana
It isn't really surprising people pay that much for a mouse and keyboard. I have the original razer naga, and I love it to death. My buddy has the razer naga and recently purchased the g600. He prefers the g600 over the naga, but it really comes down to personal preference. I am actually needing a gaming mouse for my laptop and prefer wireless since I am moving around a lot. I actually would prefer the g700 when it comes to wireless. The naga epic docking station is bulky and pointless for travel. It also comes down to what your living situation is as well. :/
90 Orc Shaman
Actually, I DID find something that Steelseries makes very well. Gaming mouse pads. I went through like 4 different kinds, to try to find the "perfect" gaming mouse pad for my setup (I just have a Logitech Performance MX mouse). I finally found one, and it turned out to be Steelseries. It is VERY durable...it is one piece, so no things peeling apart. The surface is textured, but it won't wear "smooth" like others I've tried. It doesn't have that metallic "sliding" effect moving a mouse on it, it's as smooth as moving it on a textured cloth one. The bottom has a material that will stick to my desk but isn't too sticky, nor will it deteriorate.

I've had this thing almost a year now. I went through 4 other "gaming" mouse pads before that, and within a few months, either the top would wear smooth, or the bottom "sticky" would wear out, or it would start peeling apart, or a combination of all those. Not with this one. It is still pristine, exactly like when I got it. I didn't buy this from Officemax, but doing a google search this is the first link I found to the exact one I have.

http://www.officemax.com/technology/keyboard-mouse-accessories/gaming-keyboards-and-mice/product-prod4090076?cm_mmc=Googlepla-_-Technology-_-Keyboard%20and%20Mouse%20and%20Accessories-_-Gaming%20Keyboards%20and%20Mice&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=23398155

So Steelseries isn't totally useless after all! They can make something good if they try hard enough. Amazing.
Edited by Mogrigg on 2/3/2013 5:08 PM PST
Logitech G600, but it's PC only. Otherwise, Naga. There's no substitute for having the entire action bar under your thumb. The Logitech has a g-shift key that will double those 12 keys (use them for the F1-F12 keys).
Been using a Razer Naga for close to two years or so now. Haven't been disappointed.
A family relative got that WoW MMO gaming mouse, and after two days of frustration it was returned.
90 Draenei Shaman
01/24/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Parmazana

When you expect more from your gear, you'll pay for it.

Pretty much as simple as that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]