I can't seem to find it ..

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
07/29/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Hëartcrushër
I think what needs to be stressed is that even at max level, thing die too quickly to allow subs rotation to shine.
Yes, even at 85, even in a raid it is extremely taxing to maintain a full Sub rotation on anything that isn't a boss. Trash packs you just maintain as many of your passive damage buffs as possible, spam your main CP builder until you have appropriate number and then use your spec appropriate finisher. Trash in general do not make us look too shiny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
07/29/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Poonwolf
So I would say Premed > Shadowstep > Ambush > Hemo > Backstab > SnD
Still wrong, you've also just wasted 2-3CP. Premed 2CP + Ambush 2CP + HAT 1CP + Hemo 1CP + Backstab 1CP + HAT* 1CP = Theoretically 8CP. Why would you do that?

*may or may not proc in time, the ICD will be finished but it's dependent on a crit falling in the window.

07/29/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Poonwolf
Well maybe I'll try rupturing first... but I don't see the big difference
Please read your talents. Particularly, Master of Subtlety.
Edited by Caera on 7/29/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
So I would say Premed > Shadowstep > Ambush > Hemo > Backstab > SnD
Still wrong, you've also just wasted 2-3CP. Premed 2CP + Ambush 2CP + HAT 1CP + Hemo 1CP + Backstab 1CP + HAT* 1CP = Theoretically 8CP. Why would you do that?

*may or may not proc in time, the ICD will be finished but it's dependent on a crit falling in the window.

Well maybe I'll try rupturing first... but I don't see the big difference
Please read your talents. Particularly, Master of Subtlety.

Well I'm just having trouble explaining... I would explain it in a more priority system but I just kind of meant... keep slice n dice up (when you have 5 combo points) whenever that may be... and then the rotation being hemo >backstab (to 5 cp again)

I just figured that you would know to use the finisher mentioned at 5 cp.. If you need me to post it in perfect order or you'll scold me again here you go...

Premed > shadowstep > ambush > hemo > SnD ( You should have 5 cp by now.. if you got 5 cp after the ambush because of honor among thieves use it then) > Backstab (to 5 cp) > Eviscerate (if SnD isn't low)> hemo (when bleed is about to run out for sanguinary veins)
Edited by Poonwolf on 7/29/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Why would anyone just make the assumption that you are inferring Rupture or Eviscerate at "the appropriate time" when you specifically state to SnD? You're being inconsistent and terribly ambiguous.

07/29/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Poonwolf
I just figured that you would know to use the finisher mentioned at 5 cp
I know when to use what. But you've demonstrated that you don't. Further, if someone knew exactly when to use each ability, they wouldn't ask for clarification on rotation. So you can't just leave gaps in your description and expect anyone and everyone reading of indeterminate skill and class knowledge to fill in the gaps with the correct information, doubly so if you don't even give any hint where you've left these gaps.
Edited by Caera on 7/29/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I fixed it btw... but I'm sure you don't care forum warrior :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Premed > shadowstep > ambush > hemo > SnD ( You should have 5 cp by now.
You'll have 6 by then.

if you got 5 cp after the ambush because of honor among thieves use it then
There is no if. HAT is a 2sec ICD. It's going to proc from someone in the group, or Initiative is going to with its 50% chance to proc, between the two you'll have your CP.

07/29/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Poonwolf
You expanded, but you didn't fix anything. All your mistakes are still there, you just describe them better.
Edited by Caera on 7/29/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Death Knight
07/29/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Poonwolf

He wants the correct information. You're being stubborn and sarcastic.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I already admitted I could be wrong... not being stubborn I just think it's ridiculous you can't post a rotation in a forum without getting attacked and called stupid... How about post yours instead of trying to make me feel stupid? So yes I felt the need to troll the forum warrior a bit..

but anyways this is my final offer and I'm sticking with it (for mobs btw..)

Premed > shadowstep > ambush > hemo > SnD ( You should have 5 cp by now.. if you got 5 cp after the ambush because of honor among thieves use it then) > Backstab (to 5 cp) > Eviscerate (if SnD isn't low)> hemo (when bleed is about to run out for sanguinary veins)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
To be fair, if someone gave the wrong advice and no one pointed it out, the OP would have the wrong information
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
07/29/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Poonwolf
I just think it's ridiculous you can't post a rotation
I think it's ridiculous to think it's ok to give people who want to learn bad information on purpose.

without getting attacked and called stupid
Neither happened. You were told the rotation you were giving wasn't right, and would lead to poor DPS output. Then you kept repeating the same mistakes after they were already corrected. Multiple times. That is, in fact, being stubborn.

I did, however, call you out on poor reading comprehension. That did happen. It did take several posts by several individuals before you understood what situation the OP was asking for help in, and I have had to re-iterate several posts several times. For example,

How about post yours instead
I already did, but I will again since you asked: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517?page=1#8
Edited by Caera on 7/29/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I was told my reading comprehension is abhorrent... Hence being called stupid..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
07/29/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Poonwolf
I actually opted to mention that specifically. As I added above, that had nothing to do with you posting a rotation. That was an entirely separate matter.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Death Knight
07/29/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Poonwolf

No. It means you can not understand what you read, thus assuming that he called you stupid.

He said you can't understand what you read.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I feel like I'm looking at a bunny in a bear trap. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
07/29/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Verelyse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YtzmqpMkLI
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/29/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Caera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YtzmqpMkLI

If only Vivaldi could see what his music has inspired.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So.. I read all the posts and If i am correct I did ask for a sub rotation on mobs. I didnt want this to be a thread for people to argue.

@ Caera if you happen to see this
Just post the rotation u put originally. Also I just want to know what skill is worth keeping up out of the 3 (slice and dice rupture or recup.) and feed me the most about of dps.

@Poon if you happen to see this
The rotations shown is for bosses, not for mobs.

Now please people, lets stay on topic
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@ Caera if you happen to see this
Just post the rotation u put originally. Also I just want to know what skill is worth keeping up out of the 3 (slice and dice rupture or recup.) and feed me the most about of dps.

Caera will correct me if I get anything wrong, but this is what I suspect.

Rupture isn't worth using unless you've got at least 20+ seconds on target, we wouldn't even use it on bosses if it wasn't automatically refreshed by 5-point eviscerates. So you can ignore it on trash.

Between recuperate and SnD... I'd also go with SnD first. It's benefit is immediate, recuperate is only useful for energy generation and that's more of a sustained DPS element anyway.

So... as someone who's never used subtlety in a 5-man specifically because it seems so horrendously annoying, for trash: don't use rupture, keep SnD up, and only recuperate if you feel it's helping.

I'd also strongly recommend using an assassination or combat offspec for dungeons, though.
Edited by Verelyse on 7/29/2012 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
^ This does seem very good as an answer. As i read ur post i realised rupture was useless and also we have hemo to keep up on enimies. Now for rotation.. I will likely only be able to generate 6 combo points on a single 35k-39k mob before the party owns it dead. Now I am aware that every cd i get that i need to use my premid macro (premid shadowstep ambush)
Since ambush has such an evil cooldown, i would have to use a rotation. So would it be 1 hemo 2 backstabs s and d and repeat but with evis. Which is exactly the rotation for combat but with different cb builders.

**Only for those wondering why im going Sub and taking combat off**
Now if you are wondering why im going to cancel combat off, I clearly am wielding daggers and have mongoose enchants on them which are 398-402 gold. In other words.. Imma use the crap out these daggers. Combat requires swords unless u have legendaries (currently), so although my rotation will be similar to that of a combat, I will have more dps. Which is why I am using sub.
*******************************************************************************************************************

Hopefully Caera sees this and puts her sub expertise in :)
Im also still open to other ideas so.. yea

~Ararius and thankyou all in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/29/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Ararius
Combat requires swords

It requires a sword, mace, axe, or fist weapon mainhand (2.6 speed or slower). To be totally specific. :)

07/29/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Ararius
Imma use the crap out these daggers.

Unfortunately you'll probably replace them with quest rewards within a day or two, but yeah. :|

Good luck!
Edited by Verelyse on 7/29/2012 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]