Please contribute to this discussion

90 Human Priest
ATP
I think the biggest thing I've learned about transferring is this game is really only fun when you're playing with people you know. I loved Emerald Dream at first because it really is an entirely different game with being able to pug/GDKP content and having a very large pool of people to PvP with. I had Bear and Battlemaster (Bunch of other andorhalians too) and it was really what made me kept playing. After they quit, it just kind of went to the !@#$ter.

Still, I have a hard time playing on Andorhal at this point BECAUSE of that difference. I'm still here but thats mostly only to play cross-realm with real ID. The economy really is a funny thing on Alliance side, it used to be great when Ahncalis was around because even though he controlled the AH he atleast kept it very active. Yet, people !@#$%ed nonstop when he was, I still dont think they realize how much he effected the server.

Here's to hoping Blizzard perks some ears up and opens up that MVP system to more servers. I have good faith in that because I honestly believe its still just in early phases of testing, and will branch out more as it goes along.
Edited by Handsomepaul on 8/2/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
As someone who played on Emerald Dream for 6 years, I can tell you that anything you experienced in the last year is only a shell of what the realm once was.

You've been robbed of how good the realm actually was.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Bumping this thread for the people who will still stay on this server. I wish you all luck in the future. Serenity will be transferring in the next week or two sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/02/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Finest
Bumping this thread for the people who will still stay on this server. I wish you all luck in the future. Serenity will be transferring in the next week or two sadly.

Aww that's really sad to hear... you guys have been here for so long... I am def hoping that things get better on this server.... we can dream right? Good luck to you guys where ever you go... You never know you might be back... The grass is not always greener on the other side.

But Outshined wishes you guys good luck <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
ATP
As someone who played on Emerald Dream for 6 years, I can tell you that anything you experienced in the last year is only a shell of what the realm once was.

You've been robbed of how good the realm actually was.

Pretty much how I feel about Andorhal!

It's still fun, the more RPish guilds have some awesome WPVP events, but even that has just about died off because of MOP or whatever else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Being on ED on my priest I haven't really been experiencing the awesome world PvP that I was told to transfer for. It may be that I have no one to play with there.

08/02/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Finest

That's a shame, you guys were one of the few alliance guilds still striving. I wish you guys best of luck to wherever you all transfer.

I put a long post on that thread Grouch, hopefully it still goes on and the constant bombardment of asking them to fix realms will make them do something about it.

Edit: Hope I'm not too hypocritical when I post about this problem
Edited by Daruss on 8/3/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/03/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Daruss
Being on ED on my priest I haven't really been experiencing the awesome world PvP that I was told to transfer for. It may be that I have no one to play with there.

The actual WPvP scene died mid-WOTLK and hadn't boomed since BC. If anyone is still spouting "ED LOL WPVP" they're blatantly lying because they're trying to keep the realm from becoming like Andorhal.

Back when I was still on ED, we hosted events that ended up being massive 400 player battle royales, multiple 40man raid wars, etc. It was fun times. That all died pretty fast in WOTLK.

The only thing ED has in abundance is 1500 heroes acting like glad heroes and RP!*!s with more ego than skill.
Edited by Rain on 8/3/2012 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea I haven't seen the huge battles I was lied to about, but there are always brawls coming up around the world.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
08/04/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Diamondair
So when should I schedule the funeral for this server?

not on my watch!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ATP
Deleted because it was stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bump.Save Andorhal!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
grouch i heard you were quitting so why bother with this
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
bump!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
08/04/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Otsego
grouch i heard you were quitting so why bother with this

nope.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ATP
You've come too far to quit now, Grouch!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I took a break from WOW for about a year. It became frustrating because it was so horde heavy. I started playing again about a month ago, I can't believe how terrible the AH is. I am an Herbalist/Alchemist and when I don't feel like farming I look in the AH for raw materials. The prices are absurd! The end products reflect that price and geesh who can afford the cost of most of those products? Dailies have become my main resource for gold. Last night there was a raid on Stormwind and the server crashed, at least I think it did. I could not even get back into the game, on any toon on any realm. The bg's have become ridiculous with the boxing issue, I have a feeling that is what caused last night's crash. Does anyone else know whether or not that is what happened?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I miss Andorhal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]