can't add game time from battle.net balance?

(Locked)

85 Worgen Death Knight
so I've got a bnet balance build up from D3 sales and was wondering about possibly adding WoW game time using the bnet balance when pandaland is released. Is this just not possible, not yet implemented, or am I just missing where to go to find it?
14 Blood Elf Priest
Here's a link to what can be purchased with Battle.net Balances:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-faq#purchase
85 Worgen Death Knight
thats the info i was looking for, thanks. well guess i won't be buying pandaland or renewing my sub after all, the only thing that made me consider it was that i had free money sitting there in my bnet account, i guess ill just save it for D3 and SC2 expansions.
86 Goblin Warlock
thats the info i was looking for, thanks. well guess i won't be buying pandaland or renewing my sub after all, the only thing that made me consider it was that i had free money sitting there in my bnet account, i guess ill just save it for D3 and SC2 expansions.

You can purchase MoP with your Battle.net Balance.
85 Worgen Death Knight
yeah, but can't add game time. obviously they let you get the expansion with the bnet balance hoping people will renew their subs for cash.
14 Blood Elf Priest
Yep...seems crazy that a company would want you to purchase an expansion an add some game time using money these days....

...wait, isn't that what keeps people employed? A company being profitable that is?
90 Undead Warlock
Yep...seems crazy that a company would want you to purchase an expansion an add some game time using money these days....

...wait, isn't that what keeps people employed? A company being profitable that is?

your bnet balance is money.
14 Blood Elf Priest
07/27/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Yindar

That's been added to an account with very open and accessible information on what that account can be used for. My Xbox account also has real money in it...yet it cannot be used to purchase WoW game time nor expansions...should I get mad at them too?
25 Night Elf Druid
07/27/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Kyr
Is this just not possible

Not at this time.
Bnet Balance is still in it's infancy.

They've alluded to the fact they'd like to add to what you can use it for.

07/27/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Kyr
not yet implemented

Is my feeling
90 Orc Shaman
One of the blues (not too long ago), when asked when you would be able to buy WOW game time with battle.net balance said "We're working on it". So you will be able to at some point, just not now.
85 Worgen Death Knight
07/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Perl

That's been added to an account with very open and accessible information on what that account can be used for. My Xbox account also has real money in it...yet it cannot be used to purchase WoW game time nor expansions...should I get mad at them too?

if you could play wow on Xbox that might be a valid argument. limiting the bnet balance to only certain features of the same game is a completely different story.

and i would hardly call it "very open and accessible information" when the information is buried in a FAQ. in fact in my opinion the very first paragraph of that FAQ quoted below is very misleading and implies that the balance can be used for any Bnet services, it's only further down where they explain the limitations. I would consider adding game time a "World of Warcraft paid service."

Battle.net Balance is a new feature that allows players to accumulate a balance in their Battle.net account, which can be used to buy Blizzard Entertainment products and services directly through Battle.net such as World of Warcraft paid services, and digital versions of select Blizzard Entertainment games including Diablo III, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft expansions.
85 Worgen Death Knight
07/27/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Mogrigg
One of the blues (not too long ago), when asked when you would be able to buy WOW game time with battle.net balance said "We're working on it". So you will be able to at some point, just not now.

I've seen other references to this in other posts, but I have yet to see a link to this post. anyone happen to have that?
85 Worgen Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4434651/New_Battlenet_Balance_Feature_Now_Available-2_6_2012#blog

In the future, players will be also able to use Battle.net Balance for the digital World of Warcraft Battle Chest and WoW digital upgrades and to purchase digital products through the online Blizzard Store, including World of Warcraft game-time codes and Pet Store pets and mounts.

found it. so my question is now is there some kind of ETA when this feature might go live? It's been almost 6 months since bnet balance went active and the above blog was posted.
14 Blood Elf Priest
First of all, why would you even try to make an analogy about XBOX including WoW? Of course you wouldn't be able to buy WoW items with your XBOX because you just can't. Mrs. Sarcastic. Nice try.

Almost as silly as responding to a thread from literally months ago. I'm sure that the OP has just been refreshing that thread hoping for a response for months on end.

As an aside, I'd suggest a more appropriate posting toon C-dawgy,
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]