Could somebody please give me some advice?

87 Human Hunter
I don't really have any friends on WoW and this problem just started when i hit lvl. 80. Every single dungeon that I've entered since I turned lvl. 80 has been horrific and everytime I'm singled out by the dungeon leader which makes everyone else turn on me. When I loot and item and I win it, it is just terrible, especially when the item provides strength. I"m cursed and shamed by everyone else because of my gear throughout the whole dungeon unless the leader decides to kick me just because I'm wearing the wrong gear. I'm only wearing strength and stamina gear to get my average item level up to do more dungeons. I'm only lvl. 82 and everyone else expects me to have the best agility gear ever. I have only been able to finish 1 of about 10 dungeons because I keep getting kicked by somebody. The auction house has next to nothing beneficial to me and I've resorted to wearing quest armour. I'm gonna try doing raids but I can't really find many people that are friendly to me about my gear. Somebody please help me.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
You will get way more advice if you put this somewhere else than raid and guild leadership.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You're wearing a lot of the wrong gear, I don't blame them for kicking you especially since you're aware of it. Quest more to get proper gear (agility gear!) and try doing the dungeons you can do (without cheating your ilvl) and getting gear upgrades that way.. You don't have to have the best agility gear ever, but you should have agility gear at least.

You're also in a guild, why not see if anyone will queue with you?
Reply Quote
Ok, first things first: GO TO DEEPHOLM NOW! Start Questing, and replace Every piece of gear that you have, which Doesn't have Agility, with Agility Mail Gear(Strength is a very, VERY bad stat for you, Intellect and Spirit are WORSE)....also find the tank you took that trinket from, give it back, and apologize(it is a Tanking trinket, not a hunter trinket).

Second, go here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267490605 to look up a good Spec, Glyph choices and secondary stat priorities(EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR should have Agility on it, if it doesn't, replace it asap). Also use the Hunter Boards if you have some class specific advice needs, not R&G Leadership.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
Never ever wear strength gear just to give your Ilvl a boost. What that says to other players is that you do not care enough to gear your toon appropriately and that you expect them to carry you.

Hunters always need agility.. Strength does nothing for you it is useless. Get rid of it now and gear appropriately

Not only do you have strength gear on, you also have intell cloth and intell mail none of which help you at all. Hunters use focus now not mana, so intell is no longer even needed.

Agility, hit, crit and haste are what you are looking for in gear. Your MM spec is all over the place Many of the talents you have selected are more geared for PVP then PVE.

I would suggest you go to the hunter forums where you can really learn what you need to. Once you can gear appropriately and pull your own wght, I think you will find that your instance runs will go a lot smoother.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
can't tell if serious
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Check out noxxic.com.

It's a "wow-for-dummies" guide to basic spec/glyph/stat priorities/rotation/etc. Of course, at 85 you'll have to do a lot more research but this will give you the basics. From there you can fix your gear, your spec, your glyphs and enchants. At 82 go to Deepholm. 83 you want to get to Uldum ASAP since they'll have your head enchant.

You can also contact guildies or ask in the hunter forums if you need help.

Best of luck to you.

Pess
Reply Quote
Intellect, strength, and dodge gear?

Yeah, better off questing for a while to get actual hunter gear. Head over to the hunter forum and read the stickies while you're at it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You will never ever make friends in this game if you cheese your ilevel to get into dungeons that you don't otherwise have the gear for. Your dps numbers would be higher with lower level gear having the correct stats. And those ilevel restrictions are there for a reason; generally you need that ilevel of the correct gear in order to perform adequately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd have to venture a guess that you all have been trolled.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Very good troll for a human.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Day,

I applaud you for seeking more information in order to better yourself and get more enjoyment out of this game. I do strongly suggest that you go to the hunter forums for the information you seek.

There are some great guides there to help with your spec / specs and help you either focus talents for PVP or PVE.

Currently for PVE your top DPS specs are in this order.. Survival, Markman and Beast Mastery.

Your stat priority for Marks and Surv should be..

Hit 8% > Agilty > Crit > soft haste cap > Mastery > more haste in most peoples opinions

Being hit capped should be your first focus. Other than Agility the only other primary stat you should see on an item is stamina, never never anything else.

Secondary stats are your Hit, Crit, haste ( soft cap ), Mastery, and more haste.

On the hunter forums, besides specing, you will see the notes for your glyphs and such to help maximize your toon. It is worth the time to read those post that are marked at the top for a guide to build your toon.

Do not waste good gems until you get gear above 378, enchants above 359 since you may have a mix of that gear to get into LFR. I would spend some time correcting this and do not try to buy PVP gear to cheat and get in early to LFR. If you haven't learned about your toons stating you probably will do lower DPS than the tanks and they will kick you.

A bit of time learning from those posts and taking what we have said here will help you get more enjoyment out of this game and less trolling.

Good luck to you.

Sym
Edited by Symbiotic on 7/31/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Day,

I applaud you for seeking more information in order to better yourself and get more enjoyment out of this game. I do strongly suggest that you go to the hunter forums for the information you seek.

There are some great guides there to help with your spec / specs and help you either focus talents for PVP or PVE.

Currently for PVE your top DPS specs are in this order.. Survival, Markman and Beast Mastery.

Your stat priority for Marks and Surv should be..

Hit 8% > Agilty > Crit > soft haste cap > Mastery > more haste in most peoples opinions

Being hit capped should be your first focus. Other than Agility the only other primary stat you should see on an item is stamina, never never anything else.

Secondary stats are your Hit, Crit, haste ( soft cap ), Mastery, and more haste.

On the hunter forums, besides specing, you will see the notes for your glyphs and such to help maximize your toon. It is worth the time to read those post that are marked at the top for a guide to build your toon.

Do not waste good gems until you get gear above 378, enchants above 359 since you may have a mix of that gear to get into LFR. I would spend some time correcting this and do not try to buy PVP gear to cheat and get in early to LFR. If you haven't learned about your toons stating you probably will do lower DPS than the tanks and they will kick you.

A bit of time learning from those posts and taking what we have said here will help you get more enjoyment out of this game and less trolling.

Good luck to you.

Sym

Whoa, slow your roll there, cowboy.

The OP clearly stated he knows what gear he should be wearing. He stated he's wearing strength gear to buff his ilvl score.

All that sh*t you just typed does not apply.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
LOL your right, I was 1/2 asleep when I typed that out. When I saw his cloth helm besides all the other stuff I brought it back to basics.

Sym
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Hunter
So you know how to gear but you chose to use inappropriate gear just to boost your ilvl?
And your wondering why your being singled out ?

If you know how to gear your hunter do so.. do not show up in inappropriate gear and expect others not to call you on it or even kick you from the group.

I am beginning to agree with a few of the others that your just trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I recently decide to level up my BM Hunter in preparation of MoP(this is my SV Hunter), Between my different toons' professions and those of guild mates. I had no problem getting him enough basic gear crafted. I also did a lot of fraction rep grinding to buy faction gear as well.

For the most part, I never tried to to get into randoms that I didn't have the gear score for, unless I was real close, within 5 or 10 points. When I did, I would use one or 2 pieces of PvP gear to get in but changed out of them, to PvE gear, once I was in the dungeon.

It only took me 3 weeks to go from Level 49 to 85, and get geared up enough, with the right gear, to get into LFR Dragon Soul.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You should really replace your cloth headpiece, because you are missing out on the mail armor bonus introduced in Cataclysm, and please use some glyphs! =)
There are several sites online that may help you with what glyphs, spec, gems, enchants, etc. to use. Which I suggest noxxic.com
You are also missing tons of enchants, gems. Since you are level 83 it is unnecessary to use expensive enchants/gems but perhaps your guild has a tab that has free low enchants, gems, glyphs like most guild banks have.
As far as being kicked from dungeon groups, don't stoop to thier level. If you are doing the best you can, and having fun in the process without a bad attitude there isn't a reason you should be kicked as long as you fix your gear!!! Good luck =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Main problem is lack of a belt buckle, with Nightmare Tear in the prismatic socket
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
idk if it was intended or not(i hope so) but this post made me chuckle
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Wow not sure how to take this thread. Is it a troll seeing what bites he will get or for real. Well if you are for real your dps is gonna be so godam low because you have the wrong gear on. You want to be carried? You want to slow the pace of dungeons, and maybe causing wipes wasting other people time because you are in a hurry to get to what? lfr? It is easy to get gear quickly and with the right gear but you have actually slowed yourself down by your tactics as people will boot you. as other said hurry, do those quests ( and btw questing is actually faster for levelling then dungeons unless you get quests in the dungeons to). do that then do dungeons and you will be surprised how quick it actually is. I have no idea why you are worried about your item gear level at this stage - it matters at 85. If you are serious about wanting to raid...you need to do an attitude adjustment. Right gear, right enchants, professions maxed, right gems, no being lazy....there is no short cut to raiding. Being friendly also helps...and I hope you are not one of those people where people have tried to help you but have replied " Don't tell me how to play my toon"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]