TSM - Auctioning

90 Undead Warlock
Id havta to agree with all posters here.. I use TSM if you cant beat them join them its all good... further more they could do like Diablo where you can only post such amount for such at time... altho not sure if thats the answer,.... I really think its having options available for all which is the sweet thing about addons.. they are thier for all.. so enjoy bro.. click away.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/28/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Flottley
anyone not using the most advanced add on
Then get the add on? It is not like there is a cost involved. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Complaining does nothing. Blizzard obviously thinks it is okay. You used to be able to click one button to cancel all your undercut auctions, then again only one button to repost them. You used to be able to buy multiple stacks of something by just specifying how many you wanted. The addon did the rest. Blizzard changed the API to require 1 hardware input per action. They did not ban this addon or 1-click (per item) buying though. The fact that they made a change to put the addon in line with what they were comfortable with (and not completely banned it) should tell you that that they are okay with what it currently does.

There was a popular raiding addon towards the end of Wrath that I cannot remember the name of right now. It drew stuff on your screen to make it very easy to see where stuff was gonna be in encounters. Blizzard changed their API and broke this addon, and made it impossible to replicate what that addon did. It was obvious that Blizzard was not okay with that addon. Blizzard hasn't taken any such measures with TSM.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
There was a popular raiding addon towards the end of Wrath that I cannot remember the name of right now. It drew stuff on your screen to make it very easy to see where stuff was gonna be in encounters. Blizzard changed their API and broke this addon, and made it impossible to replicate what that addon did. It was obvious that Blizzard was not okay with that addon. Blizzard hasn't taken any such measures with TSM.

More than that, they broke a specific functionality of TSMs' predecessor(quick auctions 3) that allowed you to post/cancel all your auctions with just 1 click but left everything else. Which leads me to believe blizzard is perfectly fine with the current state of these auction mods but thats not to say it couldn't change so day.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd be perfectly fine if TSM were banned. If you're selling large numbers of commodity items and not using it, you stand almost no chance against somebody who is. They will certainly spend far less time resetting auctions than you will. This is the very reason it should be banned. That said, until the day comes when nobody is allowed to use it, I'll use it to maximize my sales for the least time spent doing so and not feel one bit bad for those who aren't using it and having poor sales because of it.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight

Then get the add on yourself.

Yep, I certainly did try it out for a few days and doing so only confirmed what I first thought, it is basically botting and I haven't even used it to it's full potential. To me it's just a mindless way of posting mass auctions. If Blizz are fine with it then there is not much I can do or say about it, I just wanted to see/hear some opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Then get the add on yourself.

Yep, I certainly did try it out for a few days and doing so only confirmed what I first thought, it is basically botting and I haven't even used it to it's full potential. To me it's just a mindless way of posting mass auctions. If Blizz are fine with it then there is not much I can do or say about it, I just wanted to see/hear some opinions.

Explain to me how TSM is botting. Are you sitting in front of the computer posting everything yourself in the AH? Or do you press 1 button and walk away while everything posts by its self?
The first one is not botting, the second one is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Video, using TSM to post 688 glyph auctions in just over 5 minutes.

http://www.clockworkriot.com/2012/05/new-video-single-toon-glyph-selling.html

Powerful, powerful posting tool.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It seems to me, people who are QQing about TSM dont understand how to use it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I'm too lazy to use TSM. I just use AuctionLite and Altoholic to track my inventory and auctions. 500k off of the gem market in a month is enough for me, and I've really no interest in glyph market where it takes 3 days to sell a product.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Not sure I ever heard of it prior to this thread. I just use Auctioneer myself, and I don't know how to use have the features in the suite.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
08/02/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Cannibully

It ain't that hard to understand. Seems to me that the ones trying to defend it know that it is basically automating multiple auction posting and they are scared of losing it and actually having to think to post their auctions.
Edited by Flottley on 8/4/2012 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
08/04/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Flottley

It ain't that hard to understand. Seems to me that the ones trying to defend it know that it is basically automating multiple auction posting and they are scared of losing it and actually having to think to post their auctions.

I guess im missing it, how is TSM botting? your still clicking buttons and posting your auctions.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

it isn't botting, every auction post/cancel requires a user action. At the end of the day, its a very powerful mod. If it were gone, well i wouldn't be happy about it but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

What people need to realize though is these AH tycoons are not beating you because of this mod(or mods like it). They are beating you because they invest more time/effort. And getting rid of TSM wont change that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
08/04/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Zachknight

it isn't botting, every auction post/cancel requires a user action. At the end of the day, its a very powerful mod. If it were gone, well i wouldn't be happy about it but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

What people need to realize though is these AH tycoons are not beating you because of this mod(or mods like it). They are beating you because they invest more time/effort. And getting rid of TSM wont change that.

I have people that use auctioneer, auctionator, that i compete against. So it all depends on your preference
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

This sort of functionality has been available since Auctioneer's "batch posting". In other words, practically forever. Nobody's defending anything that they're afraid of losing, it just seems you can't accept the reality this this has been affirmed time and time again as an acceptable AH tool. Blizzard hasn't broken it in 7 years.

I'll reiterate, the problem is not the add-on, it's the lack of disincentive for camping the AH.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/04/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Hershe
This sort of functionality has been available since Auctioneer's "batch posting". In other words, practically forever.

it actually used to do a lot more, back in the day you could batch post with just 1 click. 1 click post 500 glyphs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/04/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Zachknight
it actually used to do a lot more, back in the day you could batch post with just 1 click. 1 click post 500 glyphs

yup, I remember. And technically that first click wasn't even necessary either... it just made sense that the player should have a button to press "go" to give them control over when their bags would be emptied into the AH.

The first substantial change to the AH in all my time playing (which is since BC) came at the start of cata, where the full and complete automation of the AH was limited by requiring a click to post and cancel each auction... changes intended to prevent people from being able to AFK and still have their addons working for them, but not intended to prevent the use of posting rules to set prices.

In other words, player created rules for posting are OK, but AFK posting is not. This is something akin to saying player-created rules for displaying the next spell you should cast in your rotation are OK, but AFK casting of those rules are not. "Botting" primarily refers to protected user functions... mostly combat, movement and spell-casting related stuff. What happens outside tof that scope has been left to automation for quite some time, including (but not limited to) substantial degrees of automation on the AH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]