[A] <Carpe Noctem> 8/8H recruiting for MoP!

90 Human Mage
What is <Carpe Noctem>?
<Carpe Noctem> is an 8/8H guild filled with highly capable and friendly players looking to go 25M in MoP and be at the front in progression.
Our website is located at: http://carpe-noctem-tichondrius.wowstead.com/. Forum posts that probably have all the answers to questions you need are:
http://carpe-noctem-tichondrius.wowstead.com/forums/carpe-noctem-public-forum/everything-to-know/934271-what-to-expect-from-carpe-noctem
http://carpe-noctem-tichondrius.wowstead.com/forums/carpe-noctem-public-forum/everything-to-know/1690634-whats-happening-between-now-and-mop

Here are some answers to general questions that will naturally pop up.
Q: When do you raid?
A: Raid times are Wednesday/Thursday 6-10 PM ST.

Q: Do you guys plan to still raid DS?
A: Yes, we do plan to raid DS up until MoP. I strongly recommend you read the second forum link I posted because it will explain everything that's going to happen until MoP.
*The weeks of the 26th and 2nd we won't be raiding, but we will be raiding DS the last 2 weeks before MoP*

Q: What are you guys looking for?
A: In terms of requirements, we're looking for high quality players looking to play at as highest a level they can play. 6/8H+ is a good benchmark, but definitely not all one needs. I will generally require that you have logs to prove your worth.

That being said, I am fully aware that gear ≠ skill, and that 6/8H (definitely at 30% nerf) does not assure a high quality player. If a person who's 5/8H applies, it doesn't mean they are instantly declined, but they will be required to have something exceptional on their part. Things that qualify under "exceptional" are (but are not limited to) the following:
-Logs proving extensive knowledge and performance of your class
-Background history proving that at your times of raiding at a competitive level, you were well achieved.
We've had people show logs of really good performance that have gotten accepted. We've also gotten people who haven't done a whole lot of DS but have done things like H LK pre nerf, KJ pre-nerf, or been in reputable guilds such as <Death and Taxes> and <Blood Legion Spec Ops> that have gotten accepted.

As for classes we are looking for, we will obviously consider any exceptional player, but we are looking for both:
Warlock, DK DPS.
Just as important as all these other requirements, we're looking for players with a good attitude. We're looking for players who are polite to everyone in the guild, as the guild is a community in itself. We are looking for players who are always working to better themselves, but are also able to take criticism. This is a mature, friendly, but high performance level guild; Inappropriateness won't get you far in here.

Q: Any other expectations?
A: Yes there are a few more general expectations.
-High attendance. I'm not going to use some number like "85% minimum attendance" because that makes it feel that 84% attendance gets the boot. Generally you should be prepared and ready to raid, unless there is an emergency. For the sake of making this easier, we will also include vacations as emergencies, but having a vacation every 2-3 months is very much pushing it. Emergencies can vary from family member crisis to having your Honors or Pre-Med examination early the next morning. Either way, communication is required.
-For the other requirements I suggest you look at the first forum thread I posted.

Q: Where do I apply!
A: Go to our website, which is listed at the top of this post. If you are having trouble completing your application, there is a post on the home page dedicated to helping out potential recruits. If any unanswered questions arise, please message or send an in-game mail to me.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me, Aremae, or Cyrra in game! Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing some of your applications and getting to talk with you!
Edited by Rudamena on 8/25/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
TL;DR
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Smurf, I feel there should be a certain finesse in putting posts that bump up the thread instead of plain "bump" lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/26/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Rudamena
prove your worth.

dang
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How many chicks our in guild if I may ask?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/28/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Rudamena
Smurf, I feel there should be a certain finesse in putting posts that bump up the thread instead of plain "bump" lol.

lol.

07/28/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Màxwell
How many chicks our in guild if I may ask?

right now..... its over 9000
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
07/28/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Mutiilation
prove your worth.

dang

Is that an "OH DAMN" dang or a "....damn" dang? =P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bump for a well written recruitment page. Good luck fellas
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
07/30/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Proww
Bump for a well written recruitment page. Good luck fellas

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Our recruitment is down to needing both:

A Warlock

A DPS DK

The initial post is updated to reflect this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]